Home Metal Detecting
Options

Not that it matters... Aardvark Metal Detectors and Kellyco are the same company

pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭✭
I just purchased something from Aardvark Metal Detectors on eBay and saw the paypal recipient was Kellyco. I checked their addresses from their websites and they're both the same.

Why do you think they would use two businesses? Maybe the Aardvark name sounds less "big business"?

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do not know why.... however, Kellyco is a sponsor on the FMDF... so I will ask .... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    Maybe Kellyco bought them and retained the name. That happened when a national company bought my uncles service station which he owned outright , they paid extra to retain his name on the business as it had an excellent reputation.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK.. almost forgot to post this... I received an answer from the head dude at Kellyco.. it is as follows..

"Simply put, Aardvark back in the day was a way to be the first in the search engines and directories. The AA in Aardvark ensured that we were always first. When the search engines changed the way they indexed things, Aardvark became our eBay store. Over the next 6 months we are going to be fazing Aardvark out and use Kellyco on eBay as well to build our brand more.

Honestly its part of the overall business plan that we have in place. Now that we are focusing on branding Kellyco to the general public as it has been around the longest Aardvark will still be around but in a smaller scope.

Hope this sheds some light on it. Aardvark is kinda like our sister store for the different markets that become available."

Cheers, RickO