Home Precious Metals

I didn't know we threw 3 tons of silver at Lybia this month

ttownttown Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
Interesting facts on uses of silver and why you might want to own some. Then there the elites are doing it on purpose, don't know about that but some interesting facts:

"As a result, it is within years of becoming the first metal to become extinct according to the USGS. At some point the shortage is going to become so obvious, that people are going to rush to turn in their depreciating dollars for real silver money. That is just the monetary demand of silver, the industrial and strategic demand is another huge factor we should consider."

"Almost half of the cost ($269 million) has come from the 191 Tomahawk missiles that have been launched into Libya. I think it is extremely interesting to know that each Tomahawk has more than a monster box (500 oz.) of silver inside of each missile. Pure silver has the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of all metals. When there is a $1.5 million dollar missile is being produced to secure more oil for the Empire, the Elite will use only the best materials to ensure the best performing results."

A 3 ton gift to Lybia

Comments

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It sounds like it may just be more cost effective to drop monster boxes of silver from 20,000 ft. MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    I hope we waste another 50 tons on Kadaffyimage
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They must have added a lot of silver per missile since the 2d Gulf War ... I recall someone on the news at that time quoting about 60 oz per missile. Price tag per missile must have tripled in 8 years..it was around $600k.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • akuracy503akuracy503 Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭
    I keep reading conflicting "facts" about silver, some say that the silver shortage is a hoax, a strategic marketing hype.
    I also read that the industrial, manufacturing uses of silver is in a downward trend, less of it is being used for electronics etc.

I've also read that there is more above ground silver than gold, also more silver is mined each year than gold.

It's funny to read this when I also hear and read the total opposite.

I just don't know what to think of this whole movement on silver, "crash JP morgan", fiat money hype, it seems to be taking on it's own cult of believers and causing skewed information to leak into the public hype perception.

CU Ancient Members badge member.

Collection: https://flickr.com/photos/185200668@N06/albums

• pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,503 ✭✭✭
    recall someone on the news at that time quoting about 60 oz per missile

So is the silver recoverable? Or is it exploded into oblivion?
  • MesquiteMesquite Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭
    Here is the latest most up-to-date reporting I've seen regarding the future demand for silver. I don't know the authors of the article but it could be that these numbers are cooked because they are in the business of selling silver. It could be that they are spot-on in their analysis.
    There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.
    –John Adams, 1826
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i> recall someone on the news at that time quoting about 60 oz per missile

So is the silver recoverable? Or is it exploded into oblivion? >>

After a 1000lb warhead exploding, I think it's oblivion.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's hard to believe the 500 oz. figure.

Just thinking about the volume of that .

500 troy = 15,551.7384 grams

10.5 g/cm^3

is 1,481.11794 cm^3

2.54cm = 1 inch

is 90.3833621 cu. in. or a block 3in x 3in x 10in

That's a lot of silver.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
    maybe we should start a rumor that the Tomahawk contractor is buying common date morgans for the silver....

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • mhammermanmhammerman Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭
    "...the Tomahawk contractor is buying common date morgans for the silver...."

Yeah, that's why that guy wanted $34 for those slicks.
  • Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,266 ✭✭✭
    The 3 ton number is based on an estimate of 15kg/missile, which makes no sense to me. The 60 ounce per missile is a lot more plausible.
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson
  • guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,236 ✭✭✭

<< recall someone on the news at that time quoting about 60 oz per missile

So is the silver recoverable? Or is it exploded into oblivion? >>

After a 1000lb warhead exploding, I think it's oblivionthat silver has to go somewhere

It has to go somewhere, probably in a gazillion pieces, but it's still there.....somewhere.
    @ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,072 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Might also have something to do with who profits everytime we buy another cruise missile. image

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

• OldEastsideOldEastside Posts: 4,602 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whats the diff. 60 OZ of silver or 500 OZ of silver, $1.5 milliion dollar missles should be $170,000, if the US Government values GOLD at $42/OZ
    Then silver must be somewhere around a $1.00/OZ

Is there a situation where the IRS ever went after anyone with personal property of AGE's and ASE's confiscated for back taxes at FACE VALUE????image
    Promote the Hobby

<< <i>Whats the diff. 60 OZ of silver or 500 OZ of silver, $1.5 milliion dollar missles should be $170,000, if the US Government values GOLD at $42/OZ
    Then silver must be somewhere around a $1.00/OZ

Is there a situation where the IRS ever went after anyone with personal property of AGE's and ASE's confiscated for back taxes at FACE VALUE????image >>

In accordance with 31 U.S.C. § 5117(b) and 31 U.S.C. § 5116(b)(2), statutory rates of $42.2222 per fine troy ounce (FTO) of gold and no less than $1.292929292 per FTO of silver are used to value the entire custodial reserves held by the United States Mint.