Home U.S. Coin Forum

Greysheet bid is $111 for common date MS64 Morgans MS63 at $68 *Prices about to drop like a ROCK*

13»

Comments

• hiijackerhiijacker Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭
    So have the 63 and 64 prices fall with silver?
    Buyer of all vintage Silver Bars. PM me
    Cashback from Mr. Rebates
  • WTCGWTCG Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭
    MS63 and MS64's have decreased in the last few days. MS64's took a dive then recovered a little bit late in the day today.
    Follow me on Twitter @wtcgroup
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • metalmeistermetalmeister Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HPM
    Those Morgan MS65's bought back in the 1980's with the $475 to $550 stickers on the back. I bet those same dollars would re-grade today at 65+,66 and maybe 67.
    email: ccacollectibles@yahoo.com

100% Positive BST transactions
  • 2manycoins2fewfunds2manycoins2fewfunds Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭

<< <i>MS63 and MS64's have decreased in the last few days. MS64's took a dive then recovered a little bit late in the day today. >>

.........................................................................................................

Prices....we need prices!!!
  • Metalmeister you are right the coins are very choice
  • roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rattlers that haven't seen the light of day from 1986 and early 1987 would probably be decidedly superior in quality than the tail end ratters seen around 1988-1989.
    And based on the prices mentioned above, these sound like early specimens.

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • truthtellertruthteller Posts: 1,240 ✭✭
    When the slabbed Morgan dollar marketmakers start pulling or lowering their bids, the dealers in the pipeline get spooked and don't pay anything near greysheet for these commodity dollars. Unlike gold/silver bullion, there is no telling when those bids for 5000 coin lots will disappear.

TRUTH
  • fivecentsfivecents Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I sold 30 PCGS/NGC MS64 Morgans and 30 PCGS/NGC MS63 Peace dollars to board member Wei. He is a great guy to deal with. Prices are dropping with silver.
  • TinyTiny Posts: 2,598

Common Morgans have moved to $111. - $120. Peace to $95. - $105. in MS64
    but the adjustment of the price of silver may not have effected the newest GS prices.
  • lkeneficlkenefic Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do they need to ba holdered at that price point? I can't seem to sell common 63/4 raw for any premium over melt...
    Collecting: Dansco 7070; Middle Date Large Cents (VF-AU); Box of 20;

Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.

<< <i>Do they need to ba holdered at that price point? I can't seem to sell common 63/4 raw for any premium over melt... >>

Yes, PCGS or NGC graded coins on a SIGHT basis is reflected on the greysheet. There is a misconception that because your coin is PCGS MS64 or MS65 graded, that your coin is WORTH that price. Unfortunately, the buyer at that bid was last week, for a white coin, with no spots or blemishes. Your coin may be worth a bit more, but most likely much less, especially with problems or dark toning. Most dealers who are in Morgan dollar pipeline will pay 5% less than posted bids, and most dealers who stock the coin will pay 15% less . And that's for a few selected coins. The average collector or small dealer will not be able to get the posted bids for these coins.

The irony is, most dealers selling dollars to collectors will ask these new numbers, and the average smoe will not know if the market collapses until a week or weeks after the marketmakers pull the bids or dump the inventory onto the market. This is the problem with unregulated coin buying and sales.

TRUTH

<< <i>Do they need to ba holdered at that price point? I can't seem to sell common 63/4 raw for any premium over melt... >>

When the coins are by PCGS or NGC they can be sold and priced without being seen in person. That is impossible to do with raw coins.

It took a few days for bids (mostly on the lower grades) to catch up with the falling price of silver and correspondingly the bids on the slabbed coins have now decreased. Prices are down across the board although they are not down %25 like the price of silver is.
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"

<< <i>I sold 30 PCGS/NGC MS64 Morgans and 30 PCGS/NGC MS63 Peace dollars to board member Wei. He is a great guy to deal with. Prices are dropping with silver. >>

And lucky for Paul we agreed to the transaction terms in the morning because prices dropped even more an hour later.
    Times they are a changing!
  • orevilleoreville Posts: 11,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prices for the all white NGC slabbed MS-64 Morgans (with the gold foil on the inside or outside reverse have NOT dropped at all, price-wise.

But then again, they did not rise in % price quite as much in the last few months.
    A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!

<< <i>Prices for the all white NGC slabbed MS-64 Morgans (with the gold foil on the inside or outside reverse have NOT dropped at all, price-wise. >>

Of course they are worth mega bucks. How many old NGC gold foil fatties have blast white coins in them as these holders tone the hell out of the coins. A blast white Morgan in one of these holders would be a rare bird indeed. I challange anyone who can post an image of one. Rim toning does not count as blast white BTW.
  • what is the grey sheet on MS63 and MS64 on these now? What prices are the market makers currently paying?
  • EagleEyeEagleEye Posts: 7,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bid says $53 for MS63 and $71 for MS64.

Rick Snow, Eagle Eye Rare Coins, Inc.Check out my new web site:
  • orevilleoreville Posts: 11,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    fivecents:

You said:

<< <i>How many old NGC gold foil fatties have blast white coins in them as these holders tone the hell out of the coins. A blast white Morgan in one of these holders would be a rare bird indeed. I challange anyone who can post an image of one. Rim toning does not count as blast white BTW. >>

LOL. When I stated "all white," I meant the label was all white not that the Morgan silver dollar was all white!

But you raised an interesting question. I need to check if I have any "blast white" Morgan silver in the no-fatty gold foil NGC slab.

Your point does make sense in that usually those old slabs inner core did tone the heck out of those coins, sometimes even pink!

A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!
    Something tells me the submitter of 86,000 Morgans still has 85,000 of them. image

TRUTH

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file