Home Precious Metals

Just won a Carr 1oz. Gold piece under spot shipped

66Tbird66Tbird Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭
I'm a D.Carr collector so I always watch his stuff on eBay. Just won this little 1oz number for 1372 (after eBay bucks) shipped. Probably never get close to spot if I sell locally to a BM but gold is gold and the 48 mintage is fun too.
Need something designed and 3D printed?

Comments

• chumleychumley Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭✭
    I like it image
  • dontippetdontippet Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭✭
    Let's hope you get it. The past few gold items that I won under spot, I never received. Since PM prices have been up, I have noticed more and more scammers on ebay.
    > [Click on this link to see my ebay listings.](https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=0&_udlo=&_udhi=&_ftrt=901&_ftrv=1&_sabdlo=&_sabdhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=15&_stpos=61611&_sargn=-1&saslc=1&_salic=1&_fss=1&_fsradio=&LH_SpecificSeller=1&_saslop=1&_sasl=mygirlsthree3&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_fosrp=1)
    >

Successful transactions on the BST boards with rtimmer, coincoins, gerard, tincup, tjm965, MMR, mission16, dirtygoldman, AUandAG, deadmunny, thedutymon, leadoff4, Kid4HOF03, BRI2327, colebear, mcholke, rpcolettrane, rockdjrw, publius, quik, kalinefan, Allen, JackWESQ, CON40, Griffeyfan2430, blue227, Tiggs2012, ndleo, CDsNuts, ve3rules, doh, MurphDawg, tennessebanker, and gene1978.
  • JeremyDie1JeremyDie1 Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭
    Congrats! I like the reverse and agree the mintage is a nice bonus!
  • 66Tbird66Tbird Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Let's hope you get it. The past few gold items that I won under spot, I never received. Since PM prices have been up, I have noticed more and more scammers on ebay. >>

This was won from Dan himself (specie-man), I've no fear of not receiving the item.
  • TrustNo1TrustNo1 Posts: 1,359

<< <i>

<< <i>Let's hope you get it. The past few gold items that I won under spot, I never received. Since PM prices have been up, I have noticed more and more scammers on ebay. >>

This was won from Dan himself (specie-man), I've no fear of not receiving the item. >>

may take awhile with DC shipping it image
  • JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great buy. I want one! MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm a D.Carr collector so I always watch his stuff on eBay. Just won this little 1oz number for 1372 (after eBay bucks) shipped. Probably never get close to spot if I sell locally to a BM but gold is gold and the 48 mintage is fun too. >>

Ouch to Daniel!

Since I know his work, if I were still working and you brought it into the coin shop, I would have paid 98% for one piece, which is more than we paid for American Arts Medallions!

TD
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm a D.Carr collector so I always watch his stuff on eBay. Just won this little 1oz number for 1372 (after eBay bucks) shipped. Probably never get close to spot if I sell locally to a BM but gold is gold and the 48 mintage is fun too. >>

Nice rip...but I suspect you may be disappointed when selling this item. As you already knew, Daniel sold that himself, but I'm somewhat surprised that it not sell at least for spot.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • I like it a lot and assume the right people didn't view the auction (in time).
    You got a wonderful deal and it's a cool way of owning an ounce of gold.
  • BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gallery mint and Moonlight mint made/make some kewl stuff. But the market for much of it is, shall we say, variable?

Got to hand it to Carr, his little peace dollar caper what a stroke of genius. Not sure what to say about his triangular mountain image

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• 66Tbird66Tbird Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭
    I received the coin today. As far as shipping I figured it would be quick. Mainly because it was already made. I have suspected that his sometimes delayed shipping is because the item has yet to be made. Which is cool with me, mint only whats needed, keeps mintage's down and quality up. Which once again this piece sure has a better in hand look. I expect to have a favorite side, which in this case I thought would be the eagle. But it turns out the pyramid takes a bad picture because Dan nailed the high relief 3D effect on this one. The empty fields are a perfectly uniform satin finish and the reeds are so sharp the thing almost sticks to your fingers. After all that the eagle just couldn't hold up.
  • BigEBigE Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭
    Great buy 66Bird!!! I like his coins, I have a matte peace, dont really care about what the average shop or customer will pay on re-sale, just nice to have a ultimate grade fantasy example to look at and study--------------------------------BigE
    I'm glad I am a Tree