Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

FireFox 4.0

BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,987 ✭✭✭✭✭
Just upgraded FF yesterday to 4.0.

I try to search a forum member and I get the following.

"The page you were accessing requires variables to be passed to it.

Error Code: 100"

Anyone else have issues? Comments? Also seen more problems with invalid urls too!

Comments

• Options
    llafoellafoe Posts: 7,220 ✭✭
    Tdec1000 is having the same issue with FF4
    WANTED: Cincinnati Reds TEAM Cards
  • Options
    Tdec1000Tdec1000 Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭
    Same problem here!!
    Awarded the coveted "You Suck" Award on 22 Oct 2010 for finding a 1942/1 D Dime in silver, and on 7 Feb 2011 Cherrypicking a 1914 MPL Cent on Ebay!

Successful BST Transactions!SIconbuster, Meltdown, Mission16, slothman2000, RGjohn, braddick, au58lover, allcoinsrule, commemdude, gerard, lablade, PCcoins, greencopper, kaz, tydye, cucamongacoin, mkman123, SeaEaglecoins, Doh!, AnkurJ, Airplanenut, ArizonaJack, JJM,Tee135,LordMarcovan, Swampboy, piecesofme, Ahrensdad,
  • Options
    BarryBarry Posts: 10,100 ✭✭✭
    Guess I'll wait for FF 4.1 before upgrading.
  • Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,537 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did the upgrade a week ago and yes you are correct....same problem here.

bobimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    Dollar2007Dollar2007 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭
    I was having lots of problems with it, I uninstalled it and have been using Internet Explorer since. Quite unfortunate since Firefox was my preferred browser before. Also NGC's website doesn't seem to work on it either.
  • Options
    DennisHDennisH Posts: 13,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still using 3.6.16 (Mac), and it looks like I'll stay here.
    When in doubt, don't.
  • Options
    mozinmozin Posts: 8,755 ✭✭✭
    I upgraded to FF 4.0 for Mac, big mistake.
    I collect Capped Bust series by variety in PCGS AU/MS grades.
  • Options
    richbeatrichbeat Posts: 2,288
    I upgraded to 4.0 and I'm fine. But I haven't tried to search for a forum member, either. image
  • Options
    Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭
    I upgraded to FF4.0 on two machines, and I have not had any problems.
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson
  • Options
    4.0 here. No problems. On Windows 7 Home Premium, service pack 1.
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get the same error with Firefox as I do with Chrome
  • Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I upgraded to 4.0 and absolutely wished I hadn't. It sucks. I do not like the layout, the missing tool bars etc. In my estimation they basically IE'd it and well, effed up.
    In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably the same issue as Chrome, and probably also due to the fact that the forum is built on FuseTalk v3.0, which is rather old (v3.2 was released in 2008, v4.0 in 2010). I did a little bit of searching to see if I could find FuseTalk release notes as they relate to bug fixes stemming from browser incompatibilities but came up empty. As new versions of other browsers are released, I assume more problems will surface. As an upgrade to something we use for free would require an expenditure of time and money on the part of our hosts, any such request is best prefaced with "please consider."
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I upgraded to 4.0 and absolutely wished I hadn't. It sucks. I do not like the layout, the missing tool bars etc. In my estimation they basically IE'd it and well, effed up. >>

play around with it a bit and you will find that you can modify it to get your toolbar(s) back where you like them, same with the refresh button.
  • Options
    lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,887 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I upgraded to FF 4.0 for Mac, big mistake. >>

Same here. I've been happy with every update in the past but this one has issues.

It may be websites using non-standard or unusual methods. But the bottom line is that the old version of Firefox worked fine and 4.0 does not.
    Lance.
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, I finally bought a Mac (Air) and I'm using Safari. Is it safe to to use Firefox yet?

MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reread my post above. The problem is likely the version of the FuseTalk software our host is using.
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've got FF4 and have no problems with it...don't know what you guys are talking about. btw FF has been pestering me to upgrade to their most current latest version...( it will not support Photo bucket current version per FF)...I'm hesitant do so.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    FF 4 is regarded as a dud, kinda like Vista. They quickly went to FF5 which had some improvement, and FF6 is due out shortly. I'm still using 3.x.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
  • Options
    I get the same error on Safari (Lion OS) and FireFox, too. Maybe it's time PCGS upgraded the software?
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,203 ✭✭✭✭✭
    using FF6.0.1 right now.

still has the same issue with the advanced search feature on the forums.
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    Firefox is my preferred browser.
    I upgraded to 4 and hated it.
    Went back to 3.6.
    They kept pestering me to upgrade to 6.0, so I did.
    I went back to 3.6.21
    They keep screwing up their upgrades, which brings to mind the axiom "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"
  • Options

<< <i>They keep screwing up their upgrades, which brings to mind the axiom "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!" >>

Wish I had said that... image
  • Options
    tightbudgettightbudget Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I get the same error on Safari (Lion OS) and FireFox, too. Maybe it's time PCGS upgraded the software? >>

Me too. I'm using Safari 5.1.
  • Options
    OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm using FF 3.6.21 and am perfectly happy with it.

Ditto for Windows XP.

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

• Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i have 4.0 on win7 and everything seems to be working fine.

all my bookmarks and add-ons purring right along

win7 home 64bit
    dell xps 8300
    8gb ram
    1tb hd
    duel monitors
    ati radeon hd 5670
    intel i7 3.4GHz - 8cpus

i can honestly say i use IE about .00000001% of the time

dell had a great deal on this setup last week, for anyone interested should check it out
    best multi-tasking PC i've owned to date.
    hope it helps

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options
    FF 4 was a no-go. 5 was too. Mozilla apparently moved to an "agile" development model with rapid releases and have changed the version numbering scheme. IMO the last stable version was 3.6.1.

I like the layout and improvements of their newest efforts. I don't like the incompatibilities and instabilities.
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I can tell you as a 20 year slave to the PC I have been liberated. This Macbook Air is a beast and it's actually fun to work on a laptop again, I have it loaded with word, powerpoint and excel so the transition was smooth. Fast and intuitive the Mac it is............I'm so glad I finally got out of my phobia of change. I'm even taking the one on one Mac classes which are priceless. Pass the kool aid. MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    PipestonePetePipestonePete Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just got a new computer with Windows 7. I can't access the search modes using Chrome but I can when I use Internet Explorer.
  • Options

<< <i>Just got a new computer with Windows 7. I can't access the search modes using Chrome but I can when I use Internet Explorer. >>

Same for Windows XP.
  • Options
    ecichlidecichlid Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭
    The software used to run this forum was made for cavemen. It's old. It's not as old as Mr. Hall, but it might be close.
    There is no "AT" or "NT". We only have "market acceptable" or "not market acceptable.
  • Options

<< <i>The software used to run this forum was made for cavemen. It's old. It's not as old as Mr. Hall, but it might be close. >>

Is it older than a doily?image I guess it is market acceptable so that is all that counts.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file