Home Precious Metals

Stacker Bar Question--Academy, Scottsdale, et al

Hey Guys:

So I'm thinking of buying some stacker bars either from APMEX or Scottsdale. All of which are supplied by Academy. My question is this...whenever you see their stock images on the website they look very polished and pristine. But any time a seller has one for sale from their collection on eBay the actual photos don't look anywhere near as nice. Now, I realize that bars in the possession of individuals can get beat up, scuffed up, toned, etc. I guess the real question is whether or not these stacker bars at least start out looking as good as the photos on their sites or are they heavily polished to look as good as they do?

Comments

• DorkGirlDorkGirl Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭
    No, not usually. It will be nice, but not perfect like the ads show.
    Becky
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've got a bunch of 10 oz Scottsdale stackers purchased directly from Scottsdale, they all look P.L. The looks depend if it's a bar purchased directly from the wholesaler or 2d or 3d handed down from another source. BTW nice premium on those if & when you try to sell them.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • So buying direct from Scottsdale they look decent or does it vary even with direct purchased bars?
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes...I've never had an issue...
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."