Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

FS: T206 Wooden Card Boxes

My retired father-in-law is an expert in the workshop.

He is currently designing and selling card boxes. His first available item is this 'T206 style' small/tobacco card box.

Graded card boxes are in the future.

Intro price is $175 + $25 S/H.

Please email me @ jp1216@gmail.com with any and all questions. Also, if you plan to order - you can pay online with PayPal, but please email ME with the specific options you desire. Type of wood, color of dividers, with or without decal on top etc.

Feedback has been VERY positive so far from those that made purchases already.

Please check out the baseball card section and all links at:

www.dakotawoodcrafts.com

Comments

• Options
    MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    I've refrained from posting on the Net54 thread you have going, but since you found your way over here, I feel compelled to let people know that there are other options available. Such as pictured below. Half the weight of a wooden box, less money, and won't burn up in a house fire. These cases will accomodate any RAW card contained in either a CS1/CS2 or top loader, along with PSA, SGC or BGS graded cards.

• Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭
    And these have a handle which makes transport so much easier. If you're looking for safe, useful storage with the ease of portability, this is the choice the wise collector would make. I have two and HIGHLY recommend them!!!

And the seller of these is top-notch, too!!!

• Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    did this JP guy tick you guys off or something?

Am I missing something?

People here would be ranting if someone hijacked their sale thread in such a manner....

• Options
    Those wooden boxes look great, good luck with the sales.
  • Options

<< <i>did this JP guy tick you guys off or something?

Am I missing something?

People here would be ranting if someone hijacked their sale thread in such a manner.... >>

He's SPAMMED this on three different threads as well as several other boards. More than 25% of his posts are pimping these boxes. Perhaps he'll become a contributor to the boards, but all-in-all, MBMiller's cases are better and cheaper and he promotes them as they should be, not across 3 different FORUM categories simultaneously.

I'm not discounting the quality or workmanship and I haven't bothered in any of the other threads, but that is why I interjected about MB's cases. I honestly think that they are one of the best portable storage units on the market.
  • Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not the brightest bulb on the tree but I took it that Mr. Miller refrained from showing his wares on the Net54 forum since the other gentleman was already selling his there. The other gentleman didn't return the curtesy and brought his product into Mr. Millers neighborhood so now the gloves are off.
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options

<< <i>I'm not the brightest bulb on the tree but I took it that Mr. Miller refrained from showing his wares on the Net54 forum since the other gentleman was already selling his there. The other gentleman didn't return the curtesy and brought his product into Mr. Millers neighborhood so now the gloves are off. >>

That sort of does make sense but I tend to see this item as completely different than the product that Mr. Miller sells. I would never buy a plastic case to store my cards in as a display and I would never buy a wooden box to cart around the neighborhood.

• Options
    bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭
    No skin in this game, but it seems to me like he wants to be THE storage seller on here, period. Even a guy mentioning cheap cardboard storage boxes in the Registry forum brings out a mention of these travel cases. Not saying he's doing anything wrong hustling his cases, as they look VERY nice and selling is a part of business, but so is competition.
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • Options
    Nothing wrong with competition. Nothing wrong with different people hawking their wares. SPAMMING throughout multiple FORUMS without offering much to the board as a contributor leaves one open to questioning.

Personally, I've got a couple of MJROOP boxes and binders that I have for shelf storage and two of MB's carrying cases for travel. The Pelican cases aren't great if you plan on storing your collection in the family room. In that case, perhaps the wood boxes would be preferred.
  • Options
    leaves him open to questioning?

Questioning of what specifically? I thought it was obvious that he was pimping them for his FIL.

So now in order to sell here or any of the other several forums must one be a contributor? What requirements are there to be a contributor? Will there be a comprehensive list of prerequisites that one must accomplish in order to be a contributor?

Perhaps Sportsmoderator1 should clear all of this up in his locked thread so we don't have any future transgressions by non contributors.

I guess I'm assuming that the guy posted the box in the NON b/s/t forum accidentally. Who cares if he's trying to sell them on here, SGC, N54, LTS, Craigslist, or even Ebay?

Now don't take me wrong, I have no beef with any of you but I'm of the opinion that if MB wants to pimp his stuff he should do so on his own Separate thread.

• Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    I didnt realize we were in Mr. Miller's neighborhood...

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options

<< <i>leaves him open to questioning?

Questioning of what specifically? I thought it was obvious that he was pimping them for his FIL.

So now in order to sell here or any of the other several forums must one be a contributor? What requirements are there to be a contributor? Will there be a comprehensive list of prerequisites that one must accomplish in order to be a contributor?

Perhaps Sportsmoderator1 should clear all of this up in his locked thread so we don't have any future transgressions by non contributors.

I guess I'm assuming that the guy posted the box in the NON b/s/t forum accidentally. Who cares if he's trying to sell them on here, SGC, N54, LTS, Craigslist, or even Ebay?

Now don't take me wrong, I have no beef with any of you but I'm of the opinion that if MB wants to pimp his stuff he should do so on his own Separate thread. >>

Selling is one thing. SPAMMING is another. If you want to twist the point to suit your needs or jump on my ass while saying you don't have a beef with me, go right ahead. I just think too many people get too excited about too much on these boards.

If the guy was a regular contributor, then most would overlook his error of cross posting his SPAM. But he hasn't been and yet he's being defended. If MB wants to go after him, he's entitled to. He'll take the crap from those that thinks he's being territorial. But for those that don't know Matt or his contributions and help to others on these boards, you might be barking up the wrong tree.
  • Options

<< <i> I just think too many people get too excited about too much on these boards. >>

Pot, meet kettleimage
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i> I just think too many people get too excited about too much on these boards. >>

Pot, meet kettleimage >>

Figured that was coming...
  • Options

<< <i>

Selling is one thing. SPAMMING is another. If you want to twist the point to suit your needs or jump on my ass while saying you don't have a beef with me, go right ahead. I just think too many people get too excited about too much on these boards.

If the guy was a regular contributor, then most would overlook his error of cross posting his SPAM. But he hasn't been and yet he's being defended. If MB wants to go after him, he's entitled to. He'll take the crap from those that thinks he's being territorial. But for those that don't know Matt or his contributions and help to others on these boards, you might be barking up the wrong tree. >>

First off, clearly you're assuming that he intentionally posted the boxes on the improper forum. If that's the case, then Yes....Spamming it is.

Twist the point to suit MY needs? I have no needs involving any of this. I'm not the person accusing him of spamming his boxes.

Excited? Not me. Don't think I'd bet on the same for you but I don't know you.

If he was a regular contributor it would be acceptable to "Spam" the non b/s/t forum? Not so. I've seen regular contributors blasted for doing so over the years.

Defended? Nah.....As stated previously. Why does it matter what avenues he chooses to list his items? Makes perfect sense to me to list them on forums that directly deal with the item you are trying to sell. I can't see listing them on a hubcap forum, fire extinguisher forum, etc......

So it's acceptable in your book for MB to "go after" this seller because
    a. he's not a regular contributor
    b. he "spammed" the non b/s/t board
    c. he has the items for sale on various forums
    d. because you feel it's acceptable
    e. Matt is a regular contributor

It's pretty easy to see and read exactly who's"twisting" the point.

• Options

<< <i>I don't believe it can be twisted more than you've done already.

touchy touchyimage >>

• Options
    MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    My post in no way was meant as a slight to the boxes that JP's father-in-law produces. Everyone is entitled to purchase what they wish, and what someone might think is great, someone else might think sucks! Was my post "dickish" as my collecting friend Ryan stated. Probably so! But it was also meant with good intent. There are alot of new board members that have joined the CU boards recently, and I felt it was only right for them and everyone else to be made aware that there are additional options for card storage in the marketplace today. I would like to think that I know a little something about the topic, and wanted to add some additional color. Additionally, there are other storage options aside from my and JP's cases, and each of those options have pro's and con's. You as the consumer need to decide what works best for you, but know the facts before putting high dollar collectible's in a storage solution. I have stated many times on these boards that I personally feel that the cases I intially made to store my collection, are the best on the market. I feel so strongly about this, that I have produced these for anyone on these boards that asks at my cost. I don't make any money on these guys when I post these cases for sale on the boards. The majority of the time, I am fronting all costs, and recouping those costs after the cases are sold. I have given cases away to many board members, and auctioned these off in the past with 100% of the proceeds going to the Jimmy V Fund. I state all of this, to show that the are not motives to my post. If I wanted to hijack JP's thread, I would have done so at Net 54. I hope that clears the air!

JP, I apologize for hijacking your thread on the CU boards. I wish you and your father-in-law luck in your venture.

<< <i>but it seems to me like he wants to be THE storage seller on here, period. Even a guy mentioning cheap cardboard storage boxes in the Registry forum brings out a mention of these travel cases. Not saying he's doing anything wrong hustling his cases, as they look VERY nice and selling is a part of business, but so is competition. >>

There is no competition. This isnt a business for me. I don't make money on these. When I am selling cases on these boards, it has everything to do with having to purchase minimum amounts of foam, as the foam that goes in these cases, come in very large sheets. So, when a board member PM's me and asks me if I will build him a case, please note that depending on the size, I am having to purchase anywhere from 5-8 additional foam sets, as that is the yield of the foam sheet. Didn't realize this would rub so many people the wrong way, I will cease producing these.
  • Options
    These pretzels are making me THIRSTY!
  • Options
    jp1216jp1216 Posts: 38 ✭✭
    BTW - I do own one of Matt's cases myself. These wooden boxes are much smaller (tobacco cards). About half the size of one of Matt's cases. I haven't read the above posts yet, just wanted to make sure that I don't mind Matt's post etc. His cases are top notch and will likely purchase another in the future.
  • Options
    Reminds me of the pit bull who got vicious when the sweet little beagle marked his fire hydrant! image
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Reminds me of the pit bull who got vicious when the sweet little beagle marked his fire hydrant! image >>

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Reminds me of the pit bull who got vicious when the sweet little beagle marked his fire hydrant! image >>

image >>

• Options