Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Not the best grade, but...

For some reason I like her...

Speaking of grade, how does she weigh-in?

Comments

• Options
    Tdec1000Tdec1000 Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭
    VF IMHO....you like her because she has character!!
    Awarded the coveted "You Suck" Award on 22 Oct 2010 for finding a 1942/1 D Dime in silver, and on 7 Feb 2011 Cherrypicking a 1914 MPL Cent on Ebay!

Successful BST Transactions!SIconbuster, Meltdown, Mission16, slothman2000, RGjohn, braddick, au58lover, allcoinsrule, commemdude, gerard, lablade, PCcoins, greencopper, kaz, tydye, cucamongacoin, mkman123, SeaEaglecoins, Doh!, AnkurJ, Airplanenut, ArizonaJack, JJM,Tee135,LordMarcovan, Swampboy, piecesofme, Ahrensdad,
  • Options
    Billet7Billet7 Posts: 4,923 ✭✭✭
    I concur with VF, and as you say, not the highest grade...but PERFECT!!! This is the look I go for when buying seated quarters. I'm happy with mid grade coins, they served the public well, and they are still nicely detailed, and their cheaper than their higher grade brethren... What's not to love!
  • Options
    melvin289melvin289 Posts: 3,019
    What's not to like? Great coin.

Ron
    Collect for the love of the hobby, the beauty of the coins, and enjoy the ride.
  • Options
    MoldnutMoldnut Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭✭
    Nothing wrong with coins like that in circulated grades. Dont let anyone tell you or make you think its not nice! BTW, I give it a grade of VF25, maybe even VF30. Enjoy!
    Derek

EAC 6024
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,446 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice, original, perfect for the grade coin. Every circulated coin from this era should look this grood! I like it.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    GrumpyEdGrumpyEd Posts: 4,749 ✭✭✭
    I like the look of it. Very nice!
    Ed
  • Options
    FlatwoodsFlatwoods Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You seem to have developed a great eye for nice coins.
    All of the coins I have seen you post lately are nice, mark free, examples with a great look.

Congrats!

Maybe I need to hire you to work on my type set. You seem to be getting more accomplished than I am. image
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice coin... certainly VF.... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    joecopperjoecopper Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭
    cam - really nice looking coin - a set of those would be a wonderful collectgion
  • Options
    cameron12xcameron12x Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭
    Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good...

Better yet, being at the right place at the right time in the right frame of mind!

I couldn't pass on such a sweet circulated piece last night. My guess is a pristine VF-25 for the grade.

Eye appeal to me? Well, let's just say she puts a smile on my face every time I look at her.
  • Options
    ricmanricman Posts: 313 ✭✭✭
    A mid-grade beauty!
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,526 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nice coin image
  • Options
    gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's what I call a no problem coin.Good eyeimage
  • Options

<< <i>That's what I call a no problem coin.Good eyeimage >>

I wouldn't call her completely problem free...

But if you don't use too much magnification, she looks pretty darn sweet.
  • Options
    robkoolrobkool Posts: 5,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i like it... It's a real nice original mid-grade seated 1/2 dime. image
  • Options
    SamByrdSamByrd Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭✭
    Great coin. Its a very nice mid grade example. VF20 and tons of original color. I agree with the comments it is indeed a perfect coin in all respects nice even wear and no distractions at all.image
  • Options
    It's definitely not the best grade, but...

I never stop loving to take a repeat look at this little coin!

It surely is madness! image
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice CircCam, VF20-25, IMO, no distractions, nice look. What's not to like? image

Looks like there's a teeny-tiny rim cut @ 10:00 on the reverse, which bothers me not in the least.

Nice little coin!

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options

<< <i>Looks like there's a teeny-tiny rim cut @ 10:00 on the reverse, which bothers me not in the least. >>

The same could be said for 2:50 on obverse!

With such small physical dimensions, this is also where good photography can make the experience of viewing the coin more pleasurable in an image than actually holding it in hand...
  • Options
    goldengolden Posts: 9,072 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice!
  • Options
    keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well done.
    "If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • Options
    relicsncoinsrelicsncoins Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My 52 has a ver simmilar look.

imageimage
    Need a Barber Half with ANACS photo certificate. If you have one for sale please PM me. Current Ebay auctions
  • Options
    TPRCTPRC Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good...

Better yet, being at the right place at the right time in the right frame of mind!

I couldn't pass on such a sweet circulated piece last night. My guess is a pristine VF-25 for the grade.

Eye appeal to me? Well, let's just say she puts a smile on my face every time I look at her. >>

Tom

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file