Home Buy, Sell & Trade - World & Ancient Coins
Options

Any interest in Canadian silver at over 10% less than spot?

I have dimes, quarters, and halves at 19.5x which is more than 10% off current coinflation values.

$5 face value of 80% Canadian Dimes: $97.50 each (get 1 to 10 rolls)
$10 face value of 80% Canadian Quarters: $195 each (get 1 to 10 rolls)
$10 face value of 80% Canadian Halves (Mostly Georges): $195 each (get 1 to 10 rolls)

Mix and match however you like, shipping is $5 regardless of the size of the order. (Insurance extra if you want it.)

Comments

• Options
    AmigoAmigo Posts: 966

Nope, Coininflation site is useless in my opinion.
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,114 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do you say the Coinflation site is useless? I find it very valuable. It tells you the actual silver value for Canadian coins. That is the purpose of the site. Very useful.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    jfoot13jfoot13 Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Why do you say the Coinflation site is useless? I find it very valuable. It tells you the actual silver value for Canadian coins. That is the purpose of the site. Very useful. >>

I agree 100% very usefull tool That's like saying the NY silver spot is useless
    If you can't swim you better stay in the boat.......
  • Options
    AmigoAmigo Posts: 966

My point is that it's useless as a site to determine market value. Market value being different than A.S.W. contained. It's neat to know the silver content of various items, but to price those items based solely upon the silver is "useless". Do you know of anyone that pays 100% of silver for even US coins, little loan foreign ?, because I sure don't.
  • Options

<< <i>My point is that it's useless as a site to determine market value. Market value being different than A.S.W. contained. It's neat to know the silver content of various items, but to price those items based solely upon the silver is "useless". Do you know of anyone that pays 100% of silver for even US coins, little loan foreign ?, because I sure don't. >>

The market value is definitely based on the silver content image

Whether it is 1:1 or 1:5 or whatever ratio, it is DEFINITELY based on the silver content.

coinflation.com is a great site to see how much bullion is in a coin. Which is really important when dealing with bullion-grade coins!
  • Options

<< <i>My point is that it's useless as a site to determine market value. Market value being different than A.S.W. contained. It's neat to know the silver content of various items, but to price those items based solely upon the silver is "useless". Do you know of anyone that pays 100% of silver for even US coins, little loan foreign ?, because I sure don't. >>

Like 99% of the people are thrilled to get silver for 10% under spot. Not sure what planet you live on? ASE's sell for over spot. Every day of the week.
  • Options
    mnemtsas2mnemtsas2 Posts: 745 ✭✭✭
    Australian round 50c coins of 1966 and pre-decimal silver routinely go for over spot value on Ebay down here.
    Successful trades with Syracusian, DeiGratia, LordM, WWW, theboz11, CCC2010, Hyperion, ajaan, wybrit, Dennis88 and many others.
  • Options
    gecko109gecko109 Posts: 8,231

I think the term is "let alone"...but I could be wrong. image

The coinflation site has 1 flaw. It gives the silver content of strictly UNC coins......circulated coins have a tad less actual silver than what coinflation quotes. However, it is a good site in that it gives someone a very good idea of how much actual silver is in their coinage. That certainly does not translate directly into buy/sell prices on the real market. War nickels are a great example.....they almost always sell for less than 90% of their actual silver content value. Im not familiar with Canada silver, but im sure that there is also a discount. Might be 5%, 10%, or 15%.
  • Options
    HyperionHyperion Posts: 7,438 ✭✭✭
    i think the discount comes from the 'smelting' factor. for a crap coin which is going to be melted, i think it costs more to extract the silver when there are more impurities, not because the coin has suffered silver-wear as you seem to suggest. I thought you were king smelter, so I bow to your superior assessment gecko. image
  • Options
    DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For Canadian coins.......

Dealers at shows buy from the public at 80% of spot.

Refiners pay these dealers 90% to 93% of spot.

"Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)
  • Options
    gecko109gecko109 Posts: 8,231

<< <i>i think the discount comes from the 'smelting' factor. for a crap coin which is going to be melted, i think it costs more to extract the silver when there are more impurities, not because the coin has suffered silver-wear as you seem to suggest. I thought you were king smelter, so I bow to your superior assessment gecko. image >>

I never suggested the discount comes because of the wear.....can you please show me where I made such a claim? I simply stated that COINFLATION is flawed because the numbers it gives are for strictly UNCIRCULATED coins. Do you dispute that?image
  • Options
    nutmegnutmeg Posts: 345 ✭✭

<< <i>

I think the term is "let alone"...but I could be wrong. image

<< <i>
    Hey I need a little loan.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but coinflation also adds the value of the copper into the price.
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,114 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, coinflation says 'silver value' they don't count the copper value in a coin unless the coin is mainly copper.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don