Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

UHR Upgrades/Regrades

Anyone have any success stories with regard to getting their 2009 UHRs upgraded to PL? I am not sure but I have one that looks like a good prospect based on what I have read and images I have seen. Talk about moon money!

Comments

• Options
    RWBRWB Posts: 8,082
    If you had enjoyed the coin in its original packaging, you would have been spared the angst, guilt and expense.
  • Options

<< <i>If you had enjoyed the coin in its original packaging, you would have been spared the angst, guilt and expense. >>

I am trying to understand what you mean by that statement. The only way I could enjoy my MS70 FS more is if it were a MS70PL FS; then I would enjoy it 2.3 x as much. image I can still put it back into its original package. No? image
  • Options
    pontiacinfpontiacinf Posts: 8,915 ✭✭
    shame people cant enjoy a coin, especially one like that for what it was worth deliverd.

the coin itself is beyond beautiful

guess everyone is only out for money, and gods honest truth- a coin like
    that id rather in OGP and the numbers on a slab mean nada or someones
    opion on PL or not

man that coin is sweet, and the original in smithsonian, OMG

wow its what dreams are made of

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • Options
    don129don129 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭
    I have my MS70 UHR in PCGSs hands right now & am hoping against hope for a success story. After seeing actual PL coins on eBay, I very much doubt I'll get it. I'll let you know how it turns out.
    Successful BSTs with adriana, barrytrot, Bochiman, Dabigkahuna, Modern Coin Mart, oilstates2003, terburn88, THEGENERAL
  • Options

<< <i>shame people cant enjoy a coin, especially one like that for what it was worth deliverd.

opion on PL or not

wow its what dreams are made of >>

Enough already with the snobbery. I have been enjoying this coin since I bought it; the same for the other coins I have purchased, own aquired etc. I guess you have never posted a topic that inferred that you were happy about a coin that you paid less than it was worth etc. Im calling BS on your pseudo purist equestrian poop. My guess is that you will be leaving your collection to the Smithsonian because your family will only be seeing $ signs. Please note the topic and content of the original post. You cant belittle me cuz I be little already.

• Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>shame people cant enjoy a coin, especially one like that for what it was worth deliverd.

opion on PL or not

wow its what dreams are made of >>

The owner sometimes brings the finest known original to the Balto. show. Just incredible. A MUST see if you get the chance. If only I had a few million $ extra lying around...
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    I have 3 UHR coins right now about to be graded. 2 are ms69 which I'm convinced are PL the other is a MS70. Which I highly doubt will get a PL grade but I sent it in anyway.. I'll keep you posted..
  • Options
    WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mine sits unopened in its original mint shipping package. It's my hope it remains there for another 10 or 12 years until I give it to my son, born in 2009, and named August (in part homage to St. Gaudens).
    We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,311 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Mine sits unopened in its original mint shipping package. It's my hope it remains there for another 10 or 12 years until I give it to my son, born in 2009, and named August (in part homage to St. Gaudens). >>

Wow, Weiss, mine too sits unopened but not for nearly such a noble cause!

Miles
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    Just got my grades back.. one of the 2 MS 69s got a PL!!! Cha ching! image
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,228 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Just got my grades back.. one of the 2 MS 69s got a PL!!! Cha ching! image >>

got photos?

was it first strike? did you get to keep the FS label? what service did you use? how much did it cost, etc. etc. etc.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

got photos?

was it first strike? did you get to keep the FS label? what service did you use? how much did it cost, etc. etc. etc. >>

I Don't know how to post photos on here yet.. No FS but i do have a photogarde service photo of the MS70.. I paid about $120 with shipping using the secure plus service two for one quarterly special!
  • Options
    Mine is OGP. Was FS eligible when it arrived (opened that puppy right up), but that designation is meaningless to me. I've no issues with those that want a label, though, buy want makes you happy. I'm glad for those that do, that there is no shortage of people willing to buy into the hype. I'll pass, but I'm not a seller either.
  • Options

<< <i>Mine is OGP. Was FS eligible when it arrived (opened that puppy right up), but that designation is meaningless to me. I've no issues with those that want a label, though, buy want makes you happy. I'm glad for those that do, that there is no shortage of people willing to buy into the hype. I'll pass, but I'm not a seller either. >>

missed the train , huh
  • Options
    AMRCAMRC Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>If you had enjoyed the coin in its original packaging, you would have been spared the angst, guilt and expense. >>

I am trying to understand what you mean by that statement. The only way I could enjoy my MS70 FS more is if it were a MS70PL FS; then I would enjoy it 2.3 x as much. image I can still put it back into its original package. No? image >>

Value = enjoyment? Must be that part of Modern collecting I will never understand.
    MLAeBayNumismatics: "The greatest hobby in the world!"
  • Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,486 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I prefer the modern commemorative coins in their original mint packaging. Although it is a bit bulky, the original mahogany box, outer box and book that came with the 2008 UHR coin is very impressive. I think that the coin really loses something when it is separated from those items in placed in a slab. This is my position on all commemorative coins not just this piece which why I don’t own any certified modern commemoratives.

Having said that, I did not win the “condition lottery” with the UHR that I got from the mint. The piece I received had die polish marks on it which reduced its eye appeal. I wish that I been lucky enough to get a smooth one, but now my perception is the game is over. Most all of the really nice ones are now in slabs with high grades and high prices on them. So I have to be happy with what I have. If I ever saw a really nice raw one at a show I’d buy it, but that will probably never happen.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    GritsManGritsMan Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭
    I also prefer commems in OGP except when the OGP is just a little cardboard box, and then I don't hesitate to submit it.

Also, I don't believe that ANYONE truly can absolutely divorce his enjoyment of the hobby from the value of the items in it. I love looking at the coins, but even with a nice War nickel out of circulation, a little bit of me is aware of the rarity/value of it.
    Winner of the Coveted Devil Award June 8th, 2010
  • Options
    Wow. I had no idea.

MS70 PL Early Release
    "spot on my UHR, nevermind, I wiped it off"

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file