Home Metal Detecting
Options

Metal Detector FAQ?

I just joined these forums (the PM forum) and I saw this Metal Detecting forum and had some questions. This forum doesn't seem too busy so I was wonder if you could direct me to an active metal detector forum. I use to own a White's detector about 10 years ago. Had for about 6 months but all I found around my home and friend's homes were rusting bottle caps and tin cans. Also, once I owned the detector I realized I had to DIG and I was not keen on making holes all over my lawn. But now I was thinking about getting back into detecting but I know alot must have changed in 10 years. So I am looking for input. Thanks.

JC

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome aboard JC...

I recommend a great Metal Detecting site... www.metaldetectingforum.com It is a super place to learn, swap stories of finds, research detectors and find hunting buddies. Good luck, HH Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    that is a great sight joe. check it out and if you jump in happy hunting. best wishes image
  • Options
    Thanks for the inpput. I went to that site and it looks great. Already posted there. And I see some detectors on my local Craigslist too, hmmm.
  • Options
    pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,261 ✭✭✭✭
    in addition to the forum listed... I frequent Treasurenet
  • Options
    I'm a long time member of both , too many unsolicited emails with BS drama from Treasurenet's owner though.
  • Options
    DockwalliperDockwalliper Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭
    www.mytreasurespot.com
  • Options
    I bought a Garrett ACE350 and it should come today. I have been getting alot of good advice on the Friendly MD forums.

JC
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck with your new equipment. That is a great site and the members are really helpful. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    Rickc300Rickc300 Posts: 876 ✭✭
    It's the slow season right now, wait another few weeks and the posts will pick up with the warmer weather... I have been out but so far have only found trash and a couple dollars of loose change from the local parks. I have a few spots I have gotten permission to search later this summer that look good! We'll see, I hope they work out...

Rick
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Freedom is a well armed lamb contesting that vote. Benjamin Franklin - 1779

1836 Capped Liberty
    dime. My oldest US
    detecting find so far.
    I dig almost every
    signal I get for the most
    part. Go figure...
  • Options
    ga5150ga5150 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭
    Hi Rick,

You mentioned your local parks. We have a couple of local parks near me and I was thinking about heading over there soon. In your experience, is this something you need permission for, or do you simply go and just start looking?

Thanks!

Rodney