Home Metal Detecting
Options

The Supreme Council of the Royal Arcanum

sounds like something Vic Portland may have invented(LMV)! recently dug the VMC medal dated june 23rd 1877, issued by the Arcanum. big round thing says " passenger vehicle driver 7608 San Francisco Cal." the coin is a 1906 British half penny.
what a great hobby. i learned something new, again. never heard of one of America's oldest fraternal orders, the Arcanum. 11 Million members, currently.

Comments

• Options
    Jinx86Jinx86 Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If theres a member # on the medal, might you be able to look up who it belonged to?
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't feel bad DD... I have never heard of them either.. neat find... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭
    The "big round thing" may be a chauffeur license badge.
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson
  • Options
    I was thinking taxi license , the other item pertaining to the royal arcanum proves difficult to obtain info.
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭

VicPortland did indeed strike that medal. He cast it from alien metal which was melted down from their crashed spaceship after he defeated them in battle, using only a bottle of Tabasco sauce and a roll of French bread.

(For those of you who are in the dark on this, refer to my "VicPortland" giveaway on the Giveaway Forum.) image

Cool finds as usual, Brian.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.