Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Name the Toned Morgan Contest - Prize to the Winner! - Guess the Grade Too - Announced

Comments

• Options
    kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭
    polar opposites
  • Options
    poorguypoorguy Posts: 4,317

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>63 ..its a beater, the reverse is more believable than the obverse. don't like it sorry. >>

Soooo. Following your logic. If a coin is beautifully toned, it must be artificial?
    Using that premise, we would have to assume that doctors are attempting to make colors like this.
    Then we ask ourselves why doctors would try to produce these colors.
    The only logical answer is because that is how they occur naturally on beautifully toned Morgans. Why would they mimic unnatural colors? Duh.
    Coins don't tone naturally the way doctors AT coins. Doctors AT coins in an attempt to "mimic" naturally toned colors.
    So, using the above logic, we also have to assume that beautiful and naturally toned Morgans exist since the doctors try to mimic their colors and progression.

Sure, there are beautiful and unnatural toners out there but VERY easy to point out and easier to avoid once you arm yourself with experience and knowledge.

Now, if monstrously beautiful Morgans were pedigreed to collections from 10, 15, 25, and 30 years ago, would you think they are still AT? Many, if not almost all of the Monsters have pedigrees of owners going back that far. Also, if there are coin doctors out there that produce monsters, why the hell aren't there more out there? I might get a bead on one every 3-6 months, if that, and only because I know who has them. Why do the same ones keep circulating around the advanced collectors of Toned Morgans? Wouldn't there be a seemingly unlimited supply of Monsters out there?

Now, I have seen the crap on eBay that some might call "beautifully toned". However, in the past 3 years, I have only seen 2 Monsters on eBay and maybe 5 high-end Morgans, and I bought them. I know because I LOOK. I gotta get to them before anybody else does. Don't confuse "nicely toned" or "rainbow" with "high-end rainbow" and "Monster" Morgans. There are a bunch of marginally nice coins on the bay but rarely does a high-end toner, or even more rarely, a monster, come out of hiding there.

Not trying to come down hard on you but if you can make an allusion to the point that you believe the coin is AT, then I can offer a rebuttal and argue your logic. All friends here. image >>

63...it is a beater to many marks for me for a common date coin, also I said the rev. looks more believable, the obverse photo looks unnatural....whats the word everybody likes to use....oh JUICED....that's all.
    if you like it that all that counts...sorry.
    Matt. >>

Ah, thanks for clarifying. The obverse and reverse came out of the same camera and both had the same resizing and sharpening filters applied. No hue/saturation jazz going on. Not sure what else to say but that I tried to get a proper image of the coin. Here is a shot of the coin in the slab for some perception. I took out the grade for the guess the grade folks. That's how it looks. Don't bash my photo because you haven't seen anything quite as wild as it in-hand before. Now, if your defense, I have seen my photos on BAD UNCALIBRATED monitors, especially some models of Dell, that oversaturate ALL the colors on ALL the photographs. So, what you may be seeing is not indicative of what the photo is intended to look like on a proper monitor. Take a look at the slab below and if the slab colors look off, then adjust your monitor to where the colors on the slab and the 18% grey background are the proper colors. I actually had a funky monitor that I used for a few weeks and decided to return it because the pictures looked oversaturated, even with it properly calibrated. I guess the end-point is just viewing it in-hand. That's why any dealer with a website that doesn't offer a return policy is off his-her rocker.

Brandon Kelley - ANA - 972.746.9193 - http://www.bestofyesterdaycollectibles.com
  • Options
    Reminds me of a song from a while back called "Angel Baby"...Ms 64
    Ilikacoinsawholebuncha
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>63...it is a beater to many marks for me for a common date coin, also I said the rev. looks more believable, the obverse photo looks unnatural....whats the word everybody likes to use....oh JUICED....that's all.
    Matt. >>

Cheek looks pretty darn clean to me -- when a coin image is the size of a dinner plate, small ticks look larger than they really are.
  • Options
    blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,902 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>63 ..its a beater, the reverse is more believable than the obverse. don't like it sorry. >>

Soooo. Following your logic. If a coin is beautifully toned, it must be artificial?
    Using that premise, we would have to assume that doctors are attempting to make colors like this.
    The only logical answer is because that is how they occur naturally on beautifully toned Morgans. Why would they mimic unnatural colors? Duh.
    Coins don't tone naturally the way doctors AT coins. Doctors AT coins in an attempt to "mimic" naturally toned colors.
    So, using the above logic, we also have to assume that beautiful and naturally toned Morgans exist since the doctors try to mimic their colors and progression.

Sure, there are beautiful and unnatural toners out there but VERY easy to point out and easier to avoid once you arm yourself with experience and knowledge.

Now, if monstrously beautiful Morgans were pedigreed to collections from 10, 15, 25, and 30 years ago, would you think they are still AT? Many, if not almost all of the Monsters have pedigrees of owners going back that far. Also, if there are coin doctors out there that produce monsters, why the hell aren't there more out there? I might get a bead on one every 3-6 months, if that, and only because I know who has them. Why do the same ones keep circulating around the advanced collectors of Toned Morgans? Wouldn't there be a seemingly unlimited supply of Monsters out there?

Now, I have seen the crap on eBay that some might call "beautifully toned". However, in the past 3 years, I have only seen 2 Monsters on eBay and maybe 5 high-end Morgans, and I bought them. I know because I LOOK. I gotta get to them before anybody else does. Don't confuse "nicely toned" or "rainbow" with "high-end rainbow" and "Monster" Morgans. There are a bunch of marginally nice coins on the bay but rarely does a high-end toner, or even more rarely, a monster, come out of hiding there.

Not trying to come down hard on you but if you can make an allusion to the point that you believe the coin is AT, then I can offer a rebuttal and argue your logic. All friends here. image >>

63...it is a beater to many marks for me for a common date coin, also I said the rev. looks more believable, the obverse photo looks unnatural....whats the word everybody likes to use....oh JUICED....that's all.
    Matt. >>

Ah, thanks for clarifying. The obverse and reverse came out of the same camera and both had the same resizing and sharpening filters applied. No hue/saturation jazz going on. Not sure what else to say but that I tried to get a proper image of the coin. Here is a shot of the coin in the slab for some perception. I took out the grade for the guess the grade folks. That's how it looks. Don't bash my photo because you haven't seen anything quite as wild as it in-hand before. Now, if your defense, I have seen my photos on BAD UNCALIBRATED monitors, especially some models of Dell, that oversaturate ALL the colors on ALL the photographs. So, what you may be seeing is not indicative of what the photo is intended to look like on a proper monitor. Take a look at the slab below and if the slab colors look off, then adjust your monitor to where the colors on the slab and the 18% grey background are the proper colors. I actually had a funky monitor that I used for a few weeks and decided to return it because the pictures looked oversaturated, even with it properly calibrated. I guess the end-point is just viewing it in-hand. That's why any dealer with a website that doesn't offer a return policy is off his-her rocker.

image >>

Check your camera the focus around the grade seems really off.....

http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • Options
    hammered54hammered54 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Matt. >>

image >>

I've seen alot of Morgans "in hand" even the pretty ones, and after a few "adjustments" it does look a bit better. nothing a good dip wouldn't fix though.....................image........just kiddn.
    Successful Transactions.
    Barrytrot(2),Stupid,Savoyspecial,docq,ecoinquest, halfhunter,snman,Coll3ctor.
    wondercoin. Blue594. internetjunky.
    keepdachange. Scrapman1077.Ahrensdad, mrmom, mygrandeoso, blu62vette, Clackamas,giorgio11, adriana, cucamongacoin,
  • Options
    hammered54hammered54 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>63...it is a beater to many marks for me for a common date coin, also I said the rev. looks more believable, the obverse photo looks unnatural....whats the word everybody likes to use....oh JUICED....that's all.
    Matt. >>

Cheek looks pretty darn clean to me -- when a coin image is the size of a dinner plate, small ticks look larger than they really are. >>

so....nobody uses a loupe anymore??
    Successful Transactions.
    Barrytrot(2),Stupid,Savoyspecial,docq,ecoinquest, halfhunter,snman,Coll3ctor.
    wondercoin. Blue594. internetjunky.
    keepdachange. Scrapman1077.Ahrensdad, mrmom, mygrandeoso, blu62vette, Clackamas,giorgio11, adriana, cucamongacoin,
  • Options
    littlebearlittlebear Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭✭
    Okay, just found out that Emerald City already exists.

I will replace it with "Emerald Elegance"

Larry L.

Autism Awareness: There is no limit to the good you can do, if you don't care who gets the credit.
  • Options
    TheRegulatorTheRegulator Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭
    I'd call her "FlatTop."
    The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. -Thomas Jefferson
  • Options
    Passionate Pink..........MS62

Toning is nice, but it doesn't change the underlying grade (IMO)
  • Options
    MrSpudMrSpud Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭
    Azurgenta
  • Options
    GaCoinGuyGaCoinGuy Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭✭
    Marketing gimmick...reeks of another seller who did this in nearly every post.

$50 off ain't much of a bargain on that site.
    imageimage

• Options
    MrDMrD Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭
    How about " emerald ruby". Just send me the money.
  • Options
    ConstantineConstantine Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭
    Pink Polaris - center of the coin looks like a pink bright star in the middle of the cosmos.
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,321 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about "Marketing Gimmick"?

The whole post is one marketing gimmick. Come on, with the business in the sigline, show a coin, offer a small prize (really, what does $50 off purchase you on the site? I've looked and, while it is some nice coins, there are no bargains image ), and then attack folks who post things that aren't flattering.....

And, what does it matter of a "name" for a coin? Another marketing gimmick, imho. When GSAGUY did it, he was collecting and then they were sold. He had named a number of them while he was collecting. It wasn't a marketing gimmick, he didn't attack folks who disagreed, he did things pretty calmly.

Looking at the site (to see if $50 was worth the effort) there are some already named in the morgan area on the site, and the OP has said as much....it just seems to be pushing the gimmick rather than something special.

This is the kind of thing I think DW was talking about when he went after siglines....companies (and their representatives) using the forums to promote themselves instead of buying ad space from CU.

Sorry Brandon, I like ya, but I do call them like I see them.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sea Nymph

She's a 65.

The entertainment can never be overdressed....except in burlesque

• Options
    Tdec1000Tdec1000 Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭
    The purple people eater!! image

Awarded the coveted "You Suck" Award on 22 Oct 2010 for finding a 1942/1 D Dime in silver, and on 7 Feb 2011 Cherrypicking a 1914 MPL Cent on Ebay!

Successful BST Transactions!SIconbuster, Meltdown, Mission16, slothman2000, RGjohn, braddick, au58lover, allcoinsrule, commemdude, gerard, lablade, PCcoins, greencopper, kaz, tydye, cucamongacoin, mkman123, SeaEaglecoins, Doh!, AnkurJ, Airplanenut, ArizonaJack, JJM,Tee135,LordMarcovan, Swampboy, piecesofme, Ahrensdad,
  • Options
    coindeucecoindeuce Posts: 13,473 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tooti-Frooty Popsicle. Unc.?

FLAVE-A-FLAVE Lollipop

"Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon
    http://www.americanlegacycoins.com

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,400 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will guess 64.

Name? Howabout "Purple Haze"? You could call it "Jimi" for short.

(Never mind that there is just as much green as there is purple.)

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    MesquiteMesquite Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭
    Millie Flora - MS62
    There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.
    –John Adams, 1826
  • Options
    magikbillymagikbilly Posts: 6,780

Neo-'leans image
    You said not to take the Rev into account...but I like my suggestion! So, I think I'll keep this clever name for one of my coins.

Eric
  • Options
    fastfreddiefastfreddie Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about...."Andy's Sweet Psychedelic Sherbert Surprise"

63*
    It is not that life is short, but that you are dead for so very long.
  • Options
    RWBRWB Posts: 8,082
    "Scarface"
  • Options

<< <i>"Scarface" >>

Thats awesome!image
  • Options
    PINK FLOOZY MS-6?

"Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon

• Options
    JackrabbitJackrabbit Posts: 266 ✭✭
    Lady of the Nite

MS 64*
  • Options
    Rooster1Rooster1 Posts: 381 ✭✭✭
    How about "Buyers Remorse"
    I know if I bought that coin at the price you will probably want for it there would be buyers remorse.
    Just give my 50.00 to someone who can afford the coin.
    Successful deals with:Ciccio-Nibanny, Wondercoin, Republicaninmass, Utahcoin, Abitofthisabitofthat, Doubleeagles59, Peaceman
  • Options
    Tdec1000Tdec1000 Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭
    I agree with you Bochiman on this one! There is money in high end toners and then there are dealers who "Bury" their customers in the coins. I think we are seeing the latter.
    Awarded the coveted "You Suck" Award on 22 Oct 2010 for finding a 1942/1 D Dime in silver, and on 7 Feb 2011 Cherrypicking a 1914 MPL Cent on Ebay!

Successful BST Transactions!SIconbuster, Meltdown, Mission16, slothman2000, RGjohn, braddick, au58lover, allcoinsrule, commemdude, gerard, lablade, PCcoins, greencopper, kaz, tydye, cucamongacoin, mkman123, SeaEaglecoins, Doh!, AnkurJ, Airplanenut, ArizonaJack, JJM,Tee135,LordMarcovan, Swampboy, piecesofme, Ahrensdad,
  • Options
    gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fluorescein image
  • Options
    mdwoodsmdwoods Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭
    MS64*

"Green Goddess"
    National Register Of Big Trees

We'll use our hands and hearts and if we must we'll use our heads.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I agree with you Bochiman on this one! There is money in high end toners and then there are dealers who "Bury" their customers in the coins. I think we are seeing the latter. >>

lets see $50 off a $3000 ms65 Morgan, I think I will pass on this one. >>

Beats a two dollar tube of ky.image
  • Options
    dizzyfoxxdizzyfoxx Posts: 9,823 ✭✭✭

<< <i>How about "Marketing Gimmick"?

The whole post is one marketing gimmick. Come on, with the business in the sigline, show a coin, offer a small prize (really, what does $50 off purchase you on the site? I've looked and, while it is some nice coins, there are no bargains image ), and then attack folks who post things that aren't flattering.....

And, what does it matter of a "name" for a coin? Another marketing gimmick, imho. When GSAGUY did it, he was collecting and then they were sold. He had named a number of them while he was collecting. It wasn't a marketing gimmick, he didn't attack folks who disagreed, he did things pretty calmly.

Looking at the site (to see if $50 was worth the effort) there are some already named in the morgan area on the site, and the OP has said as much....it just seems to be pushing the gimmick rather than something special.

This is the kind of thing I think DW was talking about when he went after siglines....companies (and their representatives) using the forums to promote themselves instead of buying ad space from CU.

Sorry Brandon, I like ya, but I do call them like I see them. >>

Interesting observation. I was thinking the same thing, but for me, who cares? It makes for a fun thread and interesting discussion.

I'll call that thing: "Unparalleled"
    and grade it a MS65*
    image...There's always time for coin collecting. image
  • Options
    ronsrons Posts: 338 ✭✭
    64 * and either "O Say Can You See" for the Red ,white, and blue in it or " Oil Slick" for the way the color swirls
    "When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." Thomas Jefferson
  • Options
    ArizonaJackArizonaJack Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭
    Not going to jump on the bash Brandon part of this threat, but yeah, kinda "spammy "
    " YOU SUCK " Awarded 5/18/08
  • Options
    Lehigh96Lehigh96 Posts: 685 ✭✭✭
    Brandon,

I would name the coin "sub-LIME"
    <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://stores.ebay.com/Lehigh-Coins">LEHIGH COINS on E-Bay
  • Options
    stmanstman Posts: 11,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting, when Poorguy had his "contest" while working for Anaconda, then when he went on his own (Polaris?) he had folks go on kinda a safari hunt looking at all pages of website for something hidden or something like that. I didn't see anybody call spam on those occasions. Oh, that's right he threw a cheap Morgan at y'all. Yeah, not really any free bee here so now it's spam. image Perhaps throw them a SAE and you'll get multiple hits and no grief Poorguy.image
    Please... Save The Stories, Just Answer My Questions, And Tell Me How Much!!!!!
  • Options
    magikbillymagikbilly Posts: 6,780
    Of course its a gimmick - $50 off $2,500 toners? Who cares. That's why I kept the "Neo'leans" name for myself! image I make no comment about anyone out to bury anyone though.

Eric
  • Options
    GaCoinGuyGaCoinGuy Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭✭
    MS64 85-O Morgan $3650, PCGS priceguide for that year and mm is $100 for a +. Ain't no toning worth $3500 markup. That's buried, stomped on and packed down.
    imageimage

• Options
    <<MS64 85-O Morgan $3650, PCGS priceguide for that year and mm is $100 for a +. Ain't no toning worth $3500 markup. That's buried, stomped on and packed down.>>

ROFLMAO, I just said I wasn't talkin' 'bout it image

Eric
  • Options
    AuroraBorealisAuroraBorealis Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I for one think it is a very cool Morgan, a fun thread and opportunity to come up with a name for it... No matter what the intent of the thread i have read Brandon`s info on his site about Monster toned Morgies and enjoyed the VERY informative read... He obviously spent alot of time putting that together... With my Morgan collection me and my family spend quality time together coming up with names to identify each coin easily...It`s fun for us to try and come up with the name of a Morgie using characteristics of each one... For example rather then ("you know the 84-O that is mostly green with the swirly yellow and fuchsia textile in front of the face with the yellow and fuchsia textile dots going vertically across the face") or the grade and or cert # we came up with a name in this example called "The Candy Cane"... image Any hooooooooo that`s my two cents...

ABimage
  • Options
    poorguypoorguy Posts: 4,317
    I've been in Houston all weekend. I just got back. Reading through some of the posts on this thread, it seems that I may have upset some of you guys. Ok. My response to you is this:

The vast majority of you guys posting are collectors. Coins are your down-time. They are what you enjoy when you are not working. For me, coins are my livelyhood. It is my career and how I provide for my family. I think about it night and day. I do enjoy coins and go out of my way to provide research articles and interesting information on our website. If I wasn't fascinated with, and enjoy studying numismatics, I wouldn't have had the drive to produce as much as I already have. Sometimes, I'll have what I think is a good idea to participate here on this online community with others who enjoy coins as well. How many other coin dealers go out of their way to walk into the fires of the PCGS forum to engage with the members and sometimes, set-up a goofy, lighthearted "contest"? I hadn't posted much here in quite a while. It seems like this place has changed quite a bit. I didn't have to offer anything for the winner. Would that have made your blood pressure stay normal?

Yeah, I want people to go to our website. What member that has a link in their signature line doesn't want people to click on it? Congratulations for pointing out the obvious. You want a hero cookie? I came up with a fun activity that I thought people here would enjoy. I didn't care if anybody actually went. Obviously, I hoped they would because I spent alot of time on providing an article with information that simply is impossible to find by people getting into buying Toned Morgans until now. You didn't have to go there. You didn't even have to read this thread, not to mention post to it. But you did and so generated more thread derailing whiny characters than the original post you were whining about.

Regarding the gift certificate. There are actually 17 different currency notes listed for $75 or less and there are 8 coins listed for $300 or less making $50 off less than I paid for some of them. I'm sure this thread wouldn't have been derailed if I had just given a crisp $10 bill to the winner. So. Pick EITHER. Oh crud. I'm sure someone will go bonkers because I mentioned inventory. Oh well, this thread is already swiss cheese with forum cop bulletholes.

The only way nobody will feel like I'm "marketing" when I post is if I delete my website from my signature line or get an alt-id. I will do neither. I try to do something nice and come back from a 5hr drive from a baby shower and have to defend myself. What a crowd.

For those of you who actually enjoyed and contributed to this contest, I'll pick the name I like the most later on this evening and you can chose between $50 gift certificate or a $10 bill from my wallet. I appreciate you guys contributing to this thread and I hope you enjoyed doing so.

Edited to add: Regarding the prices for those whose heads are still spinning. You know, markets go both ways. Find me some like that and bring them to me and stop whining already.
    Brandon Kelley - ANA - 972.746.9193 - http://www.bestofyesterdaycollectibles.com
  • Options
    onejinxonejinx Posts: 299
    Purple Passion

And I'll guess MS64
  • Options
    DAYGLO HUSSY. MS-63.

• Options
    123cents123cents Posts: 7,178 ✭✭✭
    Miss Bliss. MS-64.
  • Options
    cameron12xcameron12x Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭
    Kryptonite-63

(The name and the grade combined.)
  • Options
    Tranquility.
  • Options
    CherwoodCherwood Posts: 1,073
    Aurora Borealis, 65
    Cheryl........."She was not quite what you would call refined. She was not quite what you would call unrefined. She was the kind of person that keeps a parrot." - Mark Twain

Cher-Wood Forest Aviary

POTD - May 26, 2005
  • Options
    bet your surprised it's not me starting trouble this time.
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,321 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I've been in Houston all weekend. I just got back. Reading through some of the posts on this thread, it seems that I may have upset some of you guys. Ok. My response to you is this:

The vast majority of you guys posting are collectors. Coins are your down-time. They are what you enjoy when you are not working. For me, coins are my livelyhood. It is my career and how I provide for my family. I think about it night and day. I do enjoy coins and go out of my way to provide research articles and interesting information on our website. If I wasn't fascinated with, and enjoy studying numismatics, I wouldn't have had the drive to produce as much as I already have. Sometimes, I'll have what I think is a good idea to participate here on this online community with others who enjoy coins as well. How many other coin dealers go out of their way to walk into the fires of the PCGS forum to engage with the members and sometimes, set-up a goofy, lighthearted "contest"? I hadn't posted much here in quite a while. It seems like this place has changed quite a bit. I didn't have to offer anything for the winner. Would that have made your blood pressure stay normal?

Yeah, I want people to go to our website. What member that has a link in their signature line doesn't want people to click on it? Congratulations for pointing out the obvious. You want a hero cookie? I came up with a fun activity that I thought people here would enjoy. I didn't care if anybody actually went. Obviously, I hoped they would because I spent alot of time on providing an article with information that simply is impossible to find by people getting into buying Toned Morgans until now. You didn't have to go there. You didn't even have to read this thread, not to mention post to it. But you did and so generated more thread derailing whiny characters than the original post you were whining about.

Regarding the gift certificate. There are actually 17 different currency notes listed for $75 or less and there are 8 coins listed for $300 or less making $50 off less than I paid for some of them. I'm sure this thread wouldn't have been derailed if I had just given a crisp $10 bill to the winner. So. Pick EITHER. Oh crud. I'm sure someone will go bonkers because I mentioned inventory. Oh well, this thread is already swiss cheese with forum cop bulletholes.

The only way nobody will feel like I'm "marketing" when I post is if I delete my website from my signature line or get an alt-id. I will do neither. I try to do something nice and come back from a 5hr drive from a baby shower and have to defend myself. What a crowd.

For those of you who actually enjoyed and contributed to this contest, I'll pick the name I like the most later on this evening and you can chose between $50 gift certificate or a $10 bill from my wallet. I appreciate you guys contributing to this thread and I hope you enjoyed doing so.

Edited to add: Regarding the prices for those whose heads are still spinning. You know, markets go both ways. Find me some like that and bring them to me and stop whining already. >>

Brandon,

You lash out again when you hear something you don't like.
    If you want to enjoy coins and share, do it. Don't hide spam behind it.

A crisp $10 bill or a $50 off too expensive items doesn't matter (to me). Spam is what it is.
    You don't jump into your work halfway, you go fullforce, I will give you that.

Now, why don't you stop whining and accusing other of whining? You spammed the forum, were caught, and then you whine about it and attack. Someone posted that they thought the coin was AT (whether in jest or not) and then you attack them. Why not ignore it or educate nicely instead of attacking?

You know, if you recall, we have met. I like you as a person, but I will still call spam "spam".

As to your "The only way nobody will feel like I'm "marketing" when I post is if I delete my website from my signature line or get an alt-id", that is BS and a whiny way to try to play things.
    First, no one has ever advocated an alt for something like that.
    Secondly, there are much more successful folks that have their links, folks know who they are, and they can participate without spamming the forums....it's because they are aware of what they post and how things may be taken. They don't come on the forum and use a few pictures of coins in a thinly veiled attempt to spam for their business.

What is the forum to you? You used to be on, then you went to work for Adrian and your involvement here was less (work and family can take a lot of time, I get that, and that is fine). Then, things got turned upside down and you were here for a few posts, then gone again. Then, you went to your current employer...posted just a little and disappeared. Now, you come back with a couple of threads and you get cross when folks don't agree with you. Very educational, thanks.

You have mighty thin skin nowadays. You can't just take things at face value but you have to attack and attack and attack. If you really wanted to have fun with the forum, then have fun. Do it as a member. No need to spam. You take good photos. You have knowledge. You have handled a lot of nice coins. Those are good credentials and you can have fun with the forum with those. Spamming is a different beast. Your sigline is, I would think, the type that Don Willis referred to when he asked people with business siglines that were getting to be "too much" to contact PCGS/CU marketing for ad space. You disagree?

It is what it is, and folks on the forum like to have fun. You have many of them going with your spam. Keep it up image

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file