Home PSA Set Registry Forum

new Official Hank Aaron Master registry set thread

Hi. I am working on the Aaron Basic and Master registry sets. The Hammer is one of my favorites. I have not seen a registry set thread dedicated to him - using the search function. I am starting this thread . Lets have some fun, discussions, show off your items, and maybe some trades.

I will start this off with one of my favorites- the oversized 62-65 jay pub- love that pose

Collecting Clemente master (#6) and basic PSA registry sets, Hank Aaron master and basic sets, Mantle oddball issues, 1970's mega decade HOFs, 1967 Topps pin ups, and high grade Topps Clemente and Aaron. Numerous transactions with over 100 board members.

Comments

• mealewormmealeworm Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭
    While I love hammaring Hank, I haven't added any cards to my set in a long time. I need to finish the basic before I think about any master sets.

anyone have a 63 or 66?

Dave
    1957 Topps 99% 7.40 GPA
    Hank Aaron Basic PSA 7-8(75%)
  • ThoseBackPagesThoseBackPages Posts: 4,871 ✭✭
    i dabble in slabbed 500 Home Run Club Members Topps Cards when funds permit. i use the slabs for their protection and authenticity. i know they arent "high grade", but they're real! image

Here are some of my Favs:

Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • DialjDialj Posts: 1,636 ✭✭
    Having grown up in Atlanta watching Hammerin Hank roam the field, I think this will be a great forum. Here are a few of my Aarons:

imageimage

imageimage

This one is going to PSA soon

"A full mind is an empty bat." Ty Cobb

Currently collecting 1934 Butterfinger, 1969 Nabisco, 1991 Topps Desert Shield (in PSA 9 or 10), and 1990 Donruss Learning Series (in PSA 10).

• Cool thread, and way past due...thanks for starting it!!

I have "finished" my Basic and am working on the Master set which really is a monster in comparison to Hank's contemporaries at 317 issues currently, in contrast the Mantle Master has 208 issues, Mays has 256 issues and Clemente has 217 issues. Kind of speaks in honor to Hank's longevity and popularity IMOH. With that said, I believe the OP is sitting at an impressive #2 on the Master set, congrats to you on your impressive set!! image
    I NEED HANKS!!!
  • cpettimdcpettimd Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭
    please do not give me so much credit I am #15 under zact
    Collecting Clemente master (#6) and basic PSA registry sets, Hank Aaron master and basic sets, Mantle oddball issues, 1970's mega decade HOFs, 1967 Topps pin ups, and high grade Topps Clemente and Aaron. Numerous transactions with over 100 board members.
  • I have some good Aaron items as a result of collecting oddball issues. I am listed on the master set registry, but am not actively pursuing it. Now if anyone has some good Clemente items to trade......Let me know. Enjoy.
  • The current realtime HR king !! IMO

Here is one of my few Aaron cards, i love it, hope you do to.

H.B.
    2 centered 58's
  • MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    tremendous, I want to go out and buy an Aaron card now.
    The newest addition to my Aaron master set. I have been looking for this one for about a year. Grade just came back PSA 8.5 and it is the highest on the pop report.
  • vettfanaticvettfanatic Posts: 643 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The newest addition to my Aaron master set. I have been looking for this one for about a year. Grade just came back PSA 8.5 and it is the highest on the pop report.
    image >>

Awesome Aaron card!!! Love the old Hank Aaron images. I just dabble with Hank's basic cards for now, but someday maybe i'll do the master set.
  • psychumppsychump Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭
    LOL Milk duds card! I was eight!

Tallulah Bankhead — 'There have been only two geniuses in the world. Willie Mays and Willie Shakespeare.'
  • i think the '54, '55, and '58 aarons are by far the best!!!
    my t-205's

looking for low grade t205's psa 1-2
    Just picked up this Aaron up a few days ago.

• paleocardspaleocards Posts: 933 ✭✭✭✭
    That's a beauty, Matt.

Here's my contribution to this thread. My first "9" from my first submission back at the Chicago National in 2005:

• JustinsShoeboxJustinsShoebox Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Just picked up this Aaron up a few days ago.

image >>

Wow, nice card! Love the set and this card is gorgeous.
  • i would love to see some of the backs of some of these cards
    my t-205's

looking for low grade t205's psa 1-2
    Another new pickup

• GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭
    Hard for me to type and genuflect at the same time.
    picked theses 2 up - have been waiting for 2 years for centered copies of these
  • Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭✭
    Cpettimd,
    Thanks for starting this thread. Long overdue. Very nice 1958 in an 8. That 61 in an 8.5 is very tough in high grade. I want a 1975 #660 in a 8.5. I've seen a couple and they were overgraded.

Mickey71
  • bishopbishop Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭
    Topps Baseball-1948, 1951 to 2017
    Bowman Baseball -1948-1955
    Fleer Baseball-1923, 1959-2007

Al
  • These are the only 3 that I own:

• QUITCRABQUITCRAB Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭
    Lets see some oddball isues...what do you aaron collectors think is the most underated card? I think the 59 bazooka yellow letters is a very tough card...I also think the 72 aaron in action is hard to find with nice centering.
    oddball
    limage

• QUITCRABQUITCRAB Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭
    I like the 64 stand up and the spick and span is way cool!!!
  • I have a 1968 Topps/Milton Bradley #110 Hank Aaron with the rare yellow back in a PSA 3 holder for sale on Ebay: Item# 390465041018 if any Aaron Master set collectors are interested. Thank You.
    Mystery Card Shopper
  • RobbyRobby Posts: 664 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I have a 1968 Topps/Milton Bradley #110 Hank Aaron with the rare yellow back in a PSA 3 holder for sale on Ebay: Item# 390465041018 if any Aaron Master set collectors are interested. Thank You. >>

Would really like to see a scan of that ................or a link to the auction ? What other 1968 Milton Bradley players are there ! My 2004 Beckett has no 1968 listed as being made...............has 1969 ....1970 .....and 1972 ! I had heard of a Nolan Ryan MB existing ...............how were these distributed ?
    Robbie
    Collect 1964 Topps Baseball
    1963 Fleer
    Lou Brock Master Set
  • There are 76- 1968 Topps Baseball cards that were produced by Topps for the 1968 Milton Bradley Board Game called "Win a Card" These cards are identical to the regular issue of 1968 Topps cards except they have a "cheesier yellow" back versus the traditional gold. All cards are from the 1st two series of '68 cards(#'s 7-195). Stars included are Brooks Robinson, Bob Gibson(I also have that card on ebay), Hank Aaron, and the Nolan Ryan RC(#177). There were also 33 1967 Topps Football and 22 1965 Topps Hot Rod cards included as part of the game. These cards are difficult to find, especially in good condition, since there were played with as part of the game. There are only two PSA Registered sets with one being 80% complete(131 cards for the total set) and the other 5% complete. Of note, two 1968 Master set variation cards are the yellow team letter Ed Brinkman & Casey Cox cards, but these cards are really Milton Bradley cards.
    Mystery Card Shopper
    Thank you for the info ! Just finishing reading some of the thread on the other message board ......The one titled about ' Memory Lane leaving a sticker that damaged the case ' ! Some question as to weather his card is really a 1968 Milton Bradley Ryan card ! Any opinions about that card in question being a 1968 Milton Bradley ?
    Robbie
    1963 Fleer
    Lou Brock Master Set
  • not sure what your referring to. please give me info to find the article as i would be interested in reading. thank you.
    Mystery Card Shopper
  • bobsbbcardsbobsbbcards Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Would really like to see a scan of that ................or a link to the auction ? >>

1968 Topps#110 HANK AARON MILTON BRADLEY VERSION RARE YELLOW BACK PSA 3 VG

<< <i>not sure what your referring to. please give me info to find the article as i would be interested in reading. thank you. >>

Check out the other message board here at Psa " Sports Cards + Memorabilia Forum " ....................thread is near the top titled ' Help! The " Memory Lane " sticker PSA puts on the slab damaged my case ! "
    Getting a lot of attention due to the fact that the slab in question that was damaged from the sticker is a Ryan 1968 Milton Bradley that may or may not be labeled correctly as a true MB ?????
    BTW .....................THANKS FOR THE LINK AND PICTURE Bob !
    Robbie
    1963 Fleer
    Lou Brock Master Set
    I'm in the process of trying to figure out weather a item can be graded with a Psa customer representative ! The item in question is a 1970 Action Cartridge Box of Lou Brock , which was recently added to the Lou Brock Master Set ! The person that requested and added the Action Box received an Authentic grade , because I'm assuming he left part of the label flap at the bottom was missing ( cut off ?) !

Anyway , while researching other examples of Full box's .................I came across Mas715 new addition to his registry set ........1970-1971 Action Cartridge Aaron full box Psa 4 !!!!!!! Now my question is .................this is the same as the 1970 Action Cartridge Box , is it not ??? Or is the box dated 1971 ......................My AC Brock box is dated 1970 .................player list is identical ! Also , Player picture only which is hand -cut is dated as 1970 Action Cartridge in the Aaron Registry ! Why not 1970-1971 ? How does Psa know that the hand -cut card is from 1970 or 1970-1971 ............if in fact there is a difference ? Hope I'm making sense here , as I want to submit my full box of Brock for grading ...............but not sure as to list it as a 1970 box or 1970-1971 ?????

Robbie

Forgot to mention that the person that requested the AC Brock ..........requested it as a hand cut card in the Brock Registry , but submitted a full box !
    1963 Fleer
    Lou Brock Master Set
  • Robby, Thanks for the info on the message board. I didn't have time to read all the info(amazed at how much), but I can tell you that the card in question is not A M.B. card because of the color on the back. In addition, some M.B. card have no "white line"...I will post more details in the correct spot on that message board....sorry to jam up this Hank Aaron link......
    Mystery Card Shopper
    My apologies also to you Hank Aaron members !
    Robbieimage
    1963 Fleer
    Lou Brock Master Set

Al
    I picked up this 1955 from thunderdan a few months ago- I like it
  • mealewormmealeworm Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭
    Wow. Now that is high grade.

I am still in search of a nicely centered 63 Psa 8.

It has been awhile, bbce has a decent one up now, but might hold off.

1957 Topps 99% 7.40 GPA
    Hank Aaron Basic PSA 7-8(75%)
    Very nice card

Al
  • BkritzBkritz Posts: 1,093 ✭✭
    I have a pair of PSA 10 and PSA 9 1975 SSPC Hank Aaron cards for sale if anyone needs that card. Please PM me.
    Brian