Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Comments

• Options
    Atleast there are a couple sets every year that always have nice cards and always surprise!
  • Options
    I like how they call it a bat barrel when it's really the knob.
  • Options
    WaltWalt Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭
    Please tell me that Hamilton is the insert set and not the base set...uggg.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 28,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Thanks" for the thread...now it's gonna windup costing me around $80 - $100 on 4 or 5 of these dam blasters. image
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    me like
  • Options
    That Manny is going to be popular. The Geronimo could be popular to those that are in to cloning as a hobby.
  • Options
    fur72fur72 Posts: 2,348 ✭✭
    Good preview. Looks like it has a bit more juice than the past couple years. I like the blue frames and base card design.
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,243 ✭✭✭
    I'd like to get a Pacquaio for my collection
  • Options
    It's been confirmed by Topps on their Facebook that the Flora of the World (1:24 packs) cards will actually grow into the plant they depct if planted and properly cared for.

Did anybody else's mind immediately picture this?

• Options
    lol, def not a card I want my sons to pull from a pack. I can see a strange plant in my backyard amongst the tomatoes.
  • Options
    thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    Are those Manny cards his first issued trading card? In other words, are they a rookie?

Mike
    Buying US Presidential autographs
  • Options
    mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,617 ✭✭✭
    Guess I'm in for a few boxes again this year. Hooked on the autos...
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.
  • Options
    who is getting excited?
  • Options

<< <i>who is getting excited? >>

YOU! lol
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    I see the release date is July 15.... I am thinking about being at the celebrity golf tourney in Tahoe that weekend and would love to have Ginter cards for Manny to sign......Don't think that I will have the cards
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options
    ndleondleo Posts: 4,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any word if Harper is in the set or will Topps stiff us like Strasburg last year?
    Mike
  • Options
    ThoseBackPagesThoseBackPages Posts: 4,871 ✭✭

<< <i>Any word if Harper is in the set or will Topps stiff us like Strasburg last year? >>

cant see why he'd be in it
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options
    He can't be in it till he plays a MLB game
  • Options
    mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,617 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Any word if Harper is in the set or will Topps stiff us like Strasburg last year? >>

I wouldn't exactly say we got "stiffed" on the Strasburg in this set. Base set and routine mini run would have been nice, but the auto mini redemption was included.
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.
  • Options

<< <i>

I wouldn't exactly say we got "stiffed" on the Strasburg in this set. Base set and routine mini run would have been nice, but the auto mini redemption was included. >>

no we got totally stuffed on the Stras, you can only bend math so far, topps didn't know what was in the product, and I don't see how this year would be any
    different...I wonder how many people are waiting on the Sig Hansen relic? LOL
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    Hope Solo red ink - redemption

not sure how much I like the black borders

nice looking LaMotta

These are cool looking
    imageimage

imageimageimage

• Options
    can anyone tell me if there will be a subset similar to last year's world's saltiest sailors? thanks for the help.
  • Options
    That's not a Hope Solo red ink - just the regular redemption

Love how the seller abbreviates redemption with the word red lol

• Options
    Looks like the final checklist has a Shawn Michaels auto... would love to pick up HBKs auto
  • Options
    jlzinckjlzinck Posts: 907 ✭✭
    Booooo. Case won't be here until Thursday
  • Options
    good God, 80% of the autographs are redemptions. whats up with that?

Walt
  • Options
    Just picked some up at my local Walmart. 6 haning 12 packs and 3 gravity. Rippage with scans to come.

Update, noting too exciting. Scanner software doesnt play well with Windows 7 so i had to take pics. No hobby for me until Friday image

My guess is these are code cards?

I though this guy was cool!

Minds that made the future. I am sure Rube is in this sub set.

Black boarder. Edges remind me of those weird paintings you have to stair into to see a picture.

I like the binder idea but I am not sure it will fit an entire master set.

Regular Minis

Checlist 3 of 5

Checklist 3 of 5 back

Checklist 4 of 5 front

Checklist 4 of 5 back

• Options
    I busted 8 boxes today. I am not sure if I did ok until a few auctions yield some results. I pulled only two autographs..yes two...one topps employee auto
    and one auto of a food guy, I thought I have pulled McEnroe autograph until I pulled a second one and then saw that they were redemptions for relics...uggg.
    One rip card of Bumgarner. There is a mini set called fabulous Face.....I only pulled one. I also pulled a seed card which you can plant and blah blah blah.

If anyone needs anything let me know, I need any Ryan Howard.

Thanks
  • Options
    Just ripped my 1st of 4 boxes

Adrian Gonzalez bat
    Todd Helton jersey w/stripe
    Adrian Beltre jersey

don't know much about the minis yet. Just that I got 2 SP minis.

I like that Binder idea - gonna have to pick up a couple of those. Sure would be nice if they made those for the earlier years.

off to the next one

• Options

<< <i>I busted 8 boxes today. I am not sure if I did ok until a few auctions yield some results. I pulled only two autographs..yes two...one topps employee auto
    and one auto of a food guy, I thought I have pulled McEnroe autograph until I pulled a second one and then saw that they were redemptions for relics...uggg.
    One rip card of Bumgarner. There is a mini set called fabulous Face.....I only pulled one. I also pulled a seed card which you can plant and blah blah blah.

Thanks >>

2 Autos in 6 boxes? Thats crap! Did you rip the rip card or is that going on ebay?
  • Options
    Box 2

Sergio Mitre auto
    Ryan Zimmerman jersey
    Ike Davis jersey

nothing special in the minis except for 3 SPs

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I busted 8 boxes today. I am not sure if I did ok until a few auctions yield some results. I pulled only two autographs..yes two...one topps employee auto

Thanks >>

2 Autos in 6 boxes? Thats crap! Did you rip the rip card or is that going on ebay? >>

yeah that really sucks, and most of the champion autos are redemptions. This would be a good year to buy a few boxes, make some trades and move on. The Bum
    is on ebay with a huge BIN, if it doesn't sell who knows, I might rip it. Last year there was a guy from Hawaii buying the EXT minis for big money.

Who is trading?
  • Options
    jlzinckjlzinck Posts: 907 ✭✭
    I bought 8 packs today while waiting for my group break case to arrive tomorrow....

• Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought some packs last year during Strasburg mania and got a Sig Hansen redemption card. I ended up redeaming it on the Topps website and a few months later I got a signed card in the mail.

Maybe some of the redemption cards this year will turn out the same.

If anyone pulls a Shawn Michaels please post a scan.

Good luck with your boxes.

• Options
    ToroToro Posts: 1,515
    Just noticed a Manny Pacquiao Auto listed on eBay. It's definitely listed to field offers and it'll be interesting to see what it goes for.

Edited for updated info: Two others sold for $575 and $750
  • Options

<< <i>I bought 8 packs today while waiting for my group break case to arrive tomorrow....

image >>

hope that kind of pull continues tonight image

nice Jon

• Options
    Box 3

Jacoby Ellsbury jersey
    Miguel Cabreara jersey
    Gordan Beckham jersey

• Options
    Box 4:

at least I'm getting my Red Sox fill

Pedroia bat
    Damon jersey
    Soriano jersey

also got one of those flower cards and it's damaged so I guess I'll plant it and see what happens

• Options
    kmnortonkmnorton Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭
    Got destroyed in my 3 boxes, but did salvage this from as a boxtopper.

IWTDMBII
  • Options
    I am starting to get negative vibes about this. After reading some of the case rips here and on Blowout, bad QC and not many big hits. But that means that big hit is out there for me! Is it tomorrow yet?
  • Options
    epatmythesepatmythes Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭
    Wow, I was about to head out of work in 15-20 minutes and head to my LCS to buy 3-4 boxes! I went last night, but some UPS delay made it so their cases would arrive until today.

Well, after reading the posts here... 2 auto's in 8 boxes, zep getting 1 auto so far in what... 4 or 5 boxes... pathetic.

Think I might just save my money. Don't really care about relic cards, and at $80+ a box... simply not worth it with slim hitting like that image
  • Options
    You might be onto something, Eric, that I was I was onto before dropping the dough.
    IWTDMBII
  • Options
    auto are 3-4 per case and some cases have had NO autos in them. still a fun rip. Who is trading?

• Options
    TonyCTonyC Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Got destroyed in my 3 boxes, but did salvage this from as a boxtopper.

image >>

What is that supposed to be a piece of? Does it tell you on the back?
    Collecting Tony Conigliaro
  • Options
    That's cool!!

Is it thick?

insert - that's what she said - here
  • Options
    It says Oregon wood on the back and it's about 1/4" thick......the card, the card is 1/4" thick.
    IWTDMBII
  • Options
    so I guess some of the autograph budget got cut in order to make all these state cards..good move by topps, ink is overrated.
  • Options