Home Precious Metals

if buying a gold bar on ebay...

BBNBBN Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭
Is it best to get a pamp or credit still in the card and pay more of a premium or a former jewelry pendant piece that nicked and scuffed yet cheaper? Am I right in saying it's safer to buy one still sealed in its original card?

Positive BST Transactions (buyers and sellers): wondercoin, blu62vette, BAJJERFAN, privatecoin, blu62vette, AlanLastufka, privatecoin

#1 1951 Bowman Los Angeles Rams Team Set
#2 1980 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
#8 (and climbing) 1972 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set

Comments

• When it comes to sell it, you will get the same kind of premium you paid - higher for the sealed in card.
    I prefer the nice and neat ones, so I would go with the sealed bars (with assay card - though, I don't dislike the ones just sealed in plastic).
  • BBNBBN Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭
    I was thinking the same thing. One would always get back the premium if left wrapped and carded. I just like to feel my money in my hands. I guess that what my AGEs are for though. image

Positive BST Transactions (buyers and sellers): wondercoin, blu62vette, BAJJERFAN, privatecoin, blu62vette, AlanLastufka, privatecoin

#1 1951 Bowman Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #2 1980 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #8 (and climbing) 1972 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
  • PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,301 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it's scuffed, scratched, polished, or otherwise damaged, I would treat it the same as scrap.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sealed PAMP in it's original Assay Card would be my preference, but I would never buy it of eBay. Buy them directly from a bullion dealer such as APMEX, or the BST. Do a little research to see what the average asking price above spot is.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."

• << <i>If it's scuffed, scratched, polished, or otherwise damaged, I would treat it the same as scrap. >>

Who realy cares if its damaged it all looks the same after its melted!
    Many successful BST transactions ajia
    (x2,Meltdown),cajun,Swampboy,SeaEagleCoins,InYHWHWeTrust, bstat1020,Spooly,timrutnat,oilstates200, vpr, guitarwes,
    mariner67, and Mikes coins
  • PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,301 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Who realy cares if its damaged........ >>

People who buy these care. Put one that's undamaged in its original holder and one that's damaged on eBay and see which one gets the higher bid.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.