Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

AT or NT? or ugly? Peace Dollar with color

DNADaveDNADave Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭✭✭

Comments

• Options
    Since you offered "ugly" as one of the choices..... I'm gonna go with that.
  • Options
    AT or NT it just looks ugly to me image
  • Options
    The word nasty comes to mind.
    successful BST deals with Meltdown, Broadstruck, lordmarcovan, MisterTicToc, JINX86, BXBOY143, MBCOINS and others
  • Options
    llafoellafoe Posts: 7,220 ✭✭
    I see a lot of supposed NT coins with that pattern of toning... however, I wouldn't add it to my collection.
    WANTED: Cincinnati Reds TEAM Cards
  • Options
    savoyspecialsavoyspecial Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭
    would have to know how it had been stored to answer the AT vs. NT question

as for pretty vs. ugly, i'm going to say that the right photographer could probably bring a coin like this alive (Goodman, PCGS TruView etc.) but with the given picture it is kind of ugly, sorry

www.brunkauctions.com

• Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    unless it comes with some pretty convincing "story" of how it happened naturally, I'd guess someone tried to do that to it.

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    tahoe98tahoe98 Posts: 11,388 ✭✭✭

...hmmmmm. i'm afraid i'll have to 'ricko' that coin before i'm interested. image
    "government is not reason, it is not eloquence-it is a force! like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." George Washington
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    SonorandesertratSonorandesertrat Posts: 5,695 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>unless it comes with some pretty convincing "story" of how it happened naturally, I'd guess someone tried to do that to it. >>

Yep
    Member: EAC, NBS, C4, CWTS, ANA

RMR: 'Wer, wenn ich schriee, hörte mich denn aus der Engel Ordnungen?'

CJ: 'No one!' [Ain't no angels in the coin biz]
  • Options
    Why don't you just save yourself some grief and take a good, hard look at the coin, itself, and try to determine if you like it? That's all there is to it, really. It's not complicated.
  • Options
    seateddimeseateddime Posts: 6,169 ✭✭✭
    not for me
    I seldom check PM's but do check emails often jason@seated.org

Buying top quality Seated Dimes in Gem BU and Proof.

Buying great coins - monster eye appeal only.
  • Options
    DNADaveDNADave Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Why don't you just save yourself some grief and take a good, hard look at the coin, itself, and try to determine if you like it? That's all there is to it, really. It's not complicated. >>

Oh I like it, and I know the answer. If it becomes mine, I'll share. image
  • Options
    EdscoinEdscoin Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭
    NT, too Ugly to be AT!image
    ED
  • Options
    goldengolden Posts: 9,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Butt ugly! image
  • Options

<< <i>Oh I like it, and I know the answer. If it becomes mine, I'll share. image >>

What I'm saying is, forget the "NT"/"AT" thing (i.e., as in your thread title). Those terms, as standards, are arbitrary. Nobody knows what anybody means by them. Nobody knows what they, themselves, mean by them, on any given day. Just collect what appeals to you. That's all there is to it.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely ugly... no doubt about it.... If RickO gave ugly stickers.. that one would get a gold sticker. image Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    DorkGirlDorkGirl Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭
    The picture of the coin is ugly......that doesn't mean that the coin is. The right tilt in the right light and that coin might be beautiful.image
    Becky

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file