Home U.S. Coin Forum

CIRCLE OF TRUST!!

BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
Seeing this referenced a lot, it might be time to update. Who is in and who isn't?
theknowitalltroll;

Comments

• BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,489 ✭✭✭✭✭
    if you have to ask... image
  • crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure what your asking? Sure hope I'm in the inner circle of trust!
    The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 46,057 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone who I see here on a regular basis, has been a forum member for awhile, and has a fairly high post count is in my circle of trust.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.
    "Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value---zero."----Voltaire
    "Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said."----Voltaire

• ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 8,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    An Urban legend.........as far as you knowimage
  • Tdec1000Tdec1000 Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭
    If we told ya we have to ..... image
    Awarded the coveted "You Suck" Award on 22 Oct 2010 for finding a 1942/1 D Dime in silver, and on 7 Feb 2011 Cherrypicking a 1914 MPL Cent on Ebay!

Successful BST Transactions!SIconbuster, Meltdown, Mission16, slothman2000, RGjohn, braddick, au58lover, allcoinsrule, commemdude, gerard, lablade, PCcoins, greencopper, kaz, tydye, cucamongacoin, mkman123, SeaEaglecoins, Doh!, AnkurJ, Airplanenut, ArizonaJack, JJM,Tee135,LordMarcovan, Swampboy, piecesofme, Ahrensdad,

<< <i>I'm not sure what your asking? Sure hope I'm in the inner circle of trust! >>

Circle of trust members would send another person within the circle of trust an expensive coin or the cash to buy one and then not worry about it or lose sleep over it. The key word here is TRUST.

"Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said."----Voltaire

• LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's that saying about joining groups?
  • JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would trust anyone that relied to this thread so far................MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • bidaskbidask Posts: 14,016 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love you all but if I sell you a coin, pay me first and after your check clears I will send you the coin.
    I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

• crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love you all but if I sell you a coin, pay me first and after your check clears I will send you the coin.

Okay, you don't trust anybody, right?

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 28,234 ✭✭✭✭✭
    we might never know the whole truth on that one image
  • BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even a newb could quickly enter the Circle of Trust as long as they remember to treat every transaction big or small equally to the same level that they'd personally like to be treated.

To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!

<< <i>I love you all but if I sell you a coin, pay me first and after your check clears I will send you the coin. >>

I wouldn't hesitate to send you a check for a coin since you've been here long enough to earn my trust.

• mgoodm3mgoodm3 Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭
    I believe RYK keeps the COT roles.
    coinimaging.com/my photography articles Check out the new macro lens testing section
  • I keep most everyone here in my circle of trust until they give me a reason to take them out image
  • Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,424 ✭✭✭✭✭
    85+ members in my personal circle of trust that I've done biz with, and probably at least another 20 or more members that I'd trust w/o hesistation, based on their posts and other references. Always room for more though image
    Successful BST transactions with 171 members. Ebeneezer, Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,368 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure it varies for everybody a bit.
    There are definitely members here that I would trust a coin with. And, I know there are some members here who trust me as well.

There are folks I would trust on a coins condition/authenticity as well. To me, if buying raw, that is part of trusting someone.

Though, as Barndog says....."if you have to ask....." image

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• JCMhoustonJCMhouston Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭
    In God we trust, all others pay cash. My circle of trust, those to whom I would send an expensive coin without payment first, is extremely small. So small I can count them on one hand.
  • bestmrbestmr Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭
    I usually don't have a problem. I try and do some research to make sure the person in question is reputable. For the most part though, we watch out for each other which makes this a cool place to hang out.
    Positive dealing with oilstates2003, rkfish, Scrapman1077, Weather11am, Guitarwes, Twosides2acoin, Hendrixkat, Sevensteps, CarlWohlforth, DLBack, zug, wildjag, tetradrachm, tydye, NotSure, AgBlox, Seemyauction, Stopmotion, Zubie, Fivecents, Musky1011, Bstat1020, Gsa1fan several times, and Mkman123 LOTS of times

• My post count is not high enough..........

......I collect old stuff......
  • BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>My post count is not high enough.......... >>

Not to worry RYK is working on a COT sniffer! imageimage
    To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,074 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>In God we trust, all others pay cash. My circle of trust, those to whom I would send an expensive coin without payment first, is extremely small. So small I can count them on one hand. >>

Over time I spose we all develop our own ideas from references, etc. about who we trust and who we don't. To me it isn't about whether the coin is expensive or not, but the man's word. If he says the coin or check is in the mail, then that is what I depend on and of course the way in which I expect to reciprocate.
    theknowitalltroll;
  • JRoccoJRocco Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can always tell by the adoring...I wanna be your friend...what can I say to make you like me...posts
    who is not in the circle but wants to be.
    Some coins are just plain "Interesting"
  • StaircoinsStaircoins Posts: 2,566 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I keep most everyone here in my circle of trust until they give me a reason to take them out >>

Agreed ... but references always help.

• llafoellafoe Posts: 7,220 ✭✭
    I'm in the barrel in the center of the circle of trust! image

I trust my children. I'll send anyone a coin before I receive payment. If you don't pay me, you can trust that I'll be at your door! image
    WANTED: Cincinnati Reds TEAM Cards
  • RYKRYK Posts: 35,797 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a very large circle and a low threshold for sending coins on approval, sending coins before checks have cleared, etc. The circle does narrow as the value goes up.
  • TomBTomB Posts: 21,155 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I have a very large circle and a low threshold for sending coins on approval, sending coins before checks have cleared, etc. The circle does narrow as the value goes up. >>

I guess this would be RYK's Cone of Trust?image
    Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• I think your level of trust says a lot about you. If you demand a check clears from someone who has been here for along time without one negative transaction tells me maybe there is some reason not to trust you. When Mark Feld worked for Pinnacle he sent me on approval a thousand dollar coin. A very trusting person and one of the most trusted persons here.
  • RYKRYK Posts: 35,797 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I have a very large circle and a low threshold for sending coins on approval, sending coins before checks have cleared, etc. The circle does narrow as the value goes up. >>

I guess this would be RYK's Cone of Trust?image >>

I guess if we take this to its 3D conclusion, it would indeed be a cone. image
  • bidaskbidask Posts: 14,016 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I think your level of trust says a lot about you. If you demand a check clears from someone who has been here for along time without one negative transaction tells me maybe there is some reason not to trust you. When Mark Feld worked for Pinnacle he sent me on approval a thousand dollar coin. A very trusting person and one of the most trusted persons here. >>

Did you buythe cointhat Mark Feld sent you?
    I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

• orevilleoreville Posts: 11,947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A long as you don't write or say L@@ in any word, you generally stay in my Circle (O) of Trust.

Otherwise you are in my Circle (@) of Disgust.
    A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!
  • I have to agree with the Bochiman. Few people get along with everyone. Some people can't get along with anyone. So the circles probably all look different from one another.

• CoinosaurusCoinosaurus Posts: 9,623 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

I guess if we take this to its 3D conclusion, it would indeed be a cone. image >>

As long as it involves ice cream, it's all good image
  • BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,074 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, I'd say you suffer from post traumatic stress syndrome.image
    theknowitalltroll;
  • robkoolrobkool Posts: 5,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in... With too many references to list. image
  • I better start posting cause i feel left out of the circle of trust image
  • BlindedByEgoBlindedByEgo Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trust... But verify.
  • Billet7Billet7 Posts: 4,923 ✭✭✭
    There's a CIRCLE??? You gotta be kidding me! this whole time I've been trying to join the "dodecahedron of confidence!"

• SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,977 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

Not to worry RYK is working on a COT sniffer! imageimage >>

This intrigues me and grosses me out simultaneously.

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working" Pablo Picasso

• << <i>In God we trust, all others pay cash. image I like this.
    Winner of the "You Suck!" award March 17, 2010 by LanLord, doh, 123cents and Bear.
  • I see a new 'law' being formulated here:

As the value of the coin increases, the radius of the circle of trust decreases

$=a x r

where 'a' is a constant of proportionality.
    Successful transactions with: DCarr, Meltdown, Notwilight, Loki, MMR, Musky1011, cohodk, claychaser, cheezhed, guitarwes, Hayden, USMoneyLover

Proud recipient of two "You Suck" awards

• << <i>Seeing this referenced a lot, it might be time to update. Who is in and who isn't? >>

At one time I remember this fellow who was a member

but all for naught he has passed onto the great beyond image

Others unlike him were joint associates

trust is earned, not a privilege..

I was once a member
    moons ago...........................image

• astroratastrorat Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

Not to worry RYK is working on a COT sniffer! imageimage >>

Is that a travel version of the BED sniffer?
    Numismatist Ordinaire
    See http://www.doubledimes.com for a free online reference for US twenty-cent pieces
  • RussRuss Posts: 48,514 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

I guess if we take this to its 3D conclusion, it would indeed be a cone. image >>

Or a funnel.

Russ, NCNE
  • dsessomdsessom Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd have to say that this forum is my circle of trust. Not everyone of course, but I'd have to say that some of the best, most honest people I know are right here on these forums.
    My dad and grandfather taught me that a man's word is everything. Trust is crucial to all relationships - from working acquaintences to your spouse. I have found that the vast majority of the forum have the same ethic and that's reassuring. I appreciate you all.
    Dwayne Sessom
  • WoodenJeffersonWoodenJefferson Posts: 6,491 ✭✭✭✭
    This is how it's listed in the Lingo

COT-- Circle of Trust, a Mystic group of Forumites who have secretly bonded, there is also reputed to be a secret greeting handshake.

Note: somehow the TM has been deleted.
    Chat Board Lingo

"Keep your malarkey filter in good operating order" -Walter Breen
  • coindeucecoindeuce Posts: 13,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to keep my COT in my sigline until I was ordered to trim it. So it goes.

BST transactions: al410,ao39,Bajjerfan,Barndog,Batman23,Blackhawk,
    Braddick,brokezorro,cohodk,CoinsAreNeat,Coinlearner,cucamongacoin,dizzyfoxx,DoubleEagle59,dpvilla,
    dsessom,Ducky1100,EvilEmpire,eyoung429,greencopper,grip,habaraca,jakeblue,JonathanB,Kalshacon,
    Keets,kryptonitecomics,KSteelheader,LasVegasTeddy,LeeG,
    LucyBop,mach19,MANOFCOINS,MisterTicToc,
    Nocerino18,Numisma,oldwestgold,oreville,papabear,PreTurb,
    Rob41281,Robb,robkool,RPMHunter,RTS,
    SeaEagleCoins,steelielee,Stone,sToner,smittys,tydye,USmoneylover,Walkerguy21D

"Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon
    http://www.americanlegacycoins.com

• rxerrxer Posts: 280 ✭✭
    I don't have nearly enough post to be in this forum's COT , but
    Heritage for years has shipped my coins before I even get the invoice
    so somebody must trust me - Oh wait they have my credit card #
    palmer
  • fivecentsfivecents Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you don't know the circle of trust password, then you are outside the circle of trust.image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file