Home U.S. Coin Forum

Why I LOVE this FORUM !

I have to say, this US Coin Forum is one of the most interesting sites for me to visit.

Even though it is mainly about US coins, but it really offers so much more.

Here, I have learned about much more than the coins themselves.

We cover:

-Buying and selling
-Ebay and Paypal issues
-legal issues
-conflict resolution (or lack of at times)
-collecting preferences, even other than coins
-debates on a variety of issues
-alerts of spams, bad buyers, news, trends

.....Many of these threads have helped me to do other deals better (I also collect other antiquities), and to pay closer attention to details of the deal, that I would have neglected before.

I have visited other sites, where the coin topics are more sterile, limited to "here's my new Lincoln Cent". They can get downright boring!

These posts here can be more flavorful, edgy, testy, and even provocative.........but this is what keeps me coming back almost daily, to see what new "issue" is being discussed next! I know there is a risk to this line of topics, but so far it has seemed worth it.

I know I lurk much more than I post, but for me that's the point. There is so much to learn! I even learn from the nuanced tones written "between the lines" in many of the posts.

....So thanks to all and keep up the great threads and posts........I would recomend NOT changing a thing!

......I collect old stuff......

Comments

• Cheers to you!
  • llafoellafoe Posts: 7,220 ✭✭
    OK Racer! image
    WANTED: Cincinnati Reds TEAM Cards
  • MidLifeCrisisMidLifeCrisis Posts: 10,540 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's my new Lincoln Cent .............. image

• And we're working on a cure for cancerimageimage
  • giorgio11giorgio11 Posts: 3,897 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I have to say, this US Coin Forum is one of the most interesting sites for me to visit.

Even though it is mainly about US coins, but it really offers so much more.

Here, I have learned about much more than the coins themselves.

We cover:

-Buying and selling
    -Ebay and Paypal issues
    -legal issues
    -conflict resolution (or lack of at times)
    -collecting preferences, even other than coins
    -debates on a variety of issues
    -alerts of spams, bad buyers, news, trends

.....Many of these threads have helped me to do other deals better (I also collect other antiquities), and to pay closer attention to details of the deal, that I would have neglected before.

I have visited other sites, where the coin topics are more sterile, limited to "here's my new Lincoln Cent". They can get downright boring!

These posts here can be more flavorful, edgy, testy, and even provocative.........but this is what keeps me coming back almost daily, to see what new "issue" is being discussed next! I know there is a risk to this line of topics, but so far it has seemed worth it.

I know I lurk much more than I post, but for me that's the point. There is so much to learn! I even learn from the nuanced tones written "between the lines" in many of the posts.

....So thanks to all and keep up the great threads and posts........I would recomend NOT changing a thing! >>

I don't disagree with a single thing you say. I just want to point out, though, that a (likely) reason why we both appreciate the members here is because, overall, they are so much more KNOWLEDGEABLE than at some other forums (excepting ATS, which also has many astute contributors). Now, don't get me wrong, I have done much in my life to try to educate beginners/neophytes, but after trying to have rewarding discussions on some other forums where 90% of the posts are "Newbie from Seattle," "No Idea What This Is," "How Much is My Gold Lincoln Dollar Worth" and so on, I just haven't been able to appreciate those other venues in a lasting way.
    VDBCoins.com Our Registry Sets Many successful BSTs; pls ask.
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 28,234 ✭✭✭✭✭
    it is pretty good here and no complaints image best wishes
  • You make it sound like an open forum image
  • johnperk747johnperk747 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭
    Yes, BLESSINGS to all my fellow forum members . . . image
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So true, this forum is just a little slice of heaven....image Cheers, RickO
  • What they all said! image
  • GritsManGritsMan Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭
    This is the only website I visit each and every time I fire up the computer. That says it all.
    Winner of the Coveted Devil Award June 8th, 2010
  • Thanks to our hosts for providing this venue and for monitoring it effectively.
  • CiccioCiccio Posts: 1,405

...and don't forget that here we also have the chance to read posts of great numismatic minds!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file