Home Metal Detecting
Options

Lost Earing Search

A neighbor lost a diamond stud earing in some long grass. My wife arranged for me to help her search. We searched about 40 yards along side a walking path, and did not find it. A helpful feature was the depth estimate on my old White's XLT. Anything more than 2 inches we did not look for. We did not dig except for the one nice clear quarter reading at 1 inch, and I pulled up a black Wisconsin. She was impressed that is said quarter and produced a quarter.....

Give Blood (Red Bags) & Platelets (Yellow Bags)!

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What MD were you using? And how long after she lost it? I have found in many cases, that WHERE they THINK they lost something is nowhere near where they ACTUALLY lost it. Good luck, Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did the same thing for my Mother years ago. Spent hours searching along our driveway
    in the grass. No luck. Dad decided to pull the trap under the kitchen sink and there it
    was! Lost it while doing the dishes or such. Heavy gold.

bob

Edited: does anyone here search the sewers? Might be a nice cold weather option?
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I were looking for this earing I would pull the grass away for about 4in. If your detector still sounds off it's not the earing. This is the way that I found a lost diamond pendant. The gold only made a bare scratch. Did you have the other earing to test to see what it would sound like?