Home U.S. Coin Forum

Comments

• ModCrewmanModCrewman Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where's that FAIL smiley? Painful...hope they didn't pay big for that stack!
  • AMRCAMRC Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is not pain, that is just plain dumb.

Edited for spelling
    MLAeBayNumismatics: "The greatest hobby in the world!"
  • Key-Date-O-Hoard - Not!

• HTubbsHTubbs Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭
    ouch....
  • lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,892 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OMG...I would really like to know what that submitter was thinking when he sent in those counterfeits. 14 of them, all at once! Too funny, and maybe a little sad.
    Lance.
  • GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 17,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didn't know there were that many 16-d's available for submission??

• GrumpyEdGrumpyEd Posts: 4,749 ✭✭✭
    I'd like to know the story on that one. Ouch!
    Ed
  • lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,892 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You figure they were all MS?
    Lance.
  • Time to run some 'estate sales' on eBay.
  • shorecollshorecoll Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully they knew they were fake and doing a final check...if not...yowza!!!!
    ANA-LM, NBS, EAC

• << <i>You figure they were all MS?
    Lance. >>

I hope not. If he wasn't sure and his intention was to have them authenticated, you would think he would just send in one to verify!
  • DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • 19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,490 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>OMG...I would really like to know what that submitter was thinking when he sent in those counterfeits. 14 of them, all at once! Too funny, and maybe a little sad.
    Lance. >>

Maybe it was a "quality" test?

Thats the only thing I can think of as who in their right mind would "accumulate" so many counterfeits? These ain't cheap you know.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • goldengolden Posts: 9,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • bronze6827bronze6827 Posts: 525 ✭✭✭
    Perhaps a NEWB to the slabbing game got taken?

There is another possibility: the submitter IS the counterfeiter, and apparently not a real good one.

• << <i>

<< <i>You figure they were all MS?
    Lance. >>

I hope not. If he wasn't sure and his intention was to have them authenticated, you would think he would just send in one to verify! >>

Bet this person did and one of them passed and they had done it a few times so why not save on shipping?
    --- Mayer Numismatics --- Collectors Corner --- (888) 822 - COIN ---
  • BlindedByEgoBlindedByEgo Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I picture a small town coin shop "rip" gone very, very bad.
  • Lehigh96Lehigh96 Posts: 685 ✭✭✭
    I picture the dumbest coin doctor in history who sends all of his altered mintmark coins in one submission. I read this thread 10 minutes ago. I took me that long to stop laughing so I could actually compose this post. ROFLMAO.
    <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://stores.ebay.com/Lehigh-Coins">LEHIGH COINS on E-Bay
  • cmerlo1cmerlo1 Posts: 7,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whoever it is knows a lot about what fake 16-D's look like now...

Edited to add:

Or: "PCGS doesn't know what they're talking about. The guy I bought them from said they were real, and he knows a lot about coins."
    You Suck! Awarded 6/2008- 1901-O Micro O Morgan, 8/2008- 1878 VAM-123 Morgan, 9/2022 1888-O VAM-1B3 H8 Morgan | Senior Regional Representative- ANACS Coin Grading. Posted opinions on coins are my own, and are not an official ANACS opinion.
  • Chinese counterfeiter just trying to get one through.....
  • BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,368 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I picture a small town coin shop "rip" gone very, very bad. >>

That would be the only way I would find it funny.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• UncleJoeUncleJoe Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭
    I think there needs to be a better term than "questionable authenticity" as that can lead one to believe that they still might be genuine.

Joe.
  • PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 46,057 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Next stop-------eBay.image

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.
    "Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value---zero."----Voltaire
    "Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said."----Voltaire

• ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 8,007 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Chinese counterfeiter just trying to get one through..... >>

My thoughts exactly. Someone who knew what he had fishin for easy money.
  • RampageRampage Posts: 9,442 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I don't knwo the submitter and I have nothing to do with the submission. But, I do feel very bad if it is some common Joe who might have bought all these on eBay for a "good deal".

• TorinoCobra71TorinoCobra71 Posts: 8,050 ✭✭✭
    14 bodybags, not a good way to start the day........

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There has got to be a good story behind this one... perhaps the answer is one of the above, or maybe something entirely different. I believe we should be on the alert for auction offerings in the near future. Cheers, RickO
  • nankrautnankraut Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭
    So....if you really want to get screwed, buy a raw '16-D on EBAY. Probably "good" fakes, too; since he sent them in.image
    I'm the Proud recipient of a genuine "you suck" award dated 1/24/05. I was accepted into the "Circle of Trust" on 3/9/09.
  • steelieleesteelielee Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭
    Submittor: Won-Hung-Lo from Peking....

Many successful BST transactions with dozens of board members, references on request.
  • messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All that effort scouring flea markets down the drain. I picture 14 G-F coins with added mint marks.
  • RampageRampage Posts: 9,442 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>So....if you really want to get screwed, buy a raw '16-D on EBAY. Probably "good" fakes, too; since he sent them in.image >>

Who said he/she bought them on eBay? Maybe he/she has had them since the 1970s and decided to sendthem in.

Hurt City

Everybody's got plans--until they get hit
    --Mike Tyson
  • BlindedByEgoBlindedByEgo Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>So....if you really want to get screwed, buy a raw '16-D on EBAY. Probably "good" fakes, too; since he sent them in.image >>

Who said he/she bought them on eBay? Maybe he/she has had them since the 1970s and decided to sendthem in. >>

True... But you must admit that we've all seen lots of fake 16d's on eBay over the years...
  • SonorandesertratSonorandesertrat Posts: 5,695 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Next stop-------eBay.image >>

I almost spilled a mouthful of diet Coke all over my keyboard!image
    Member: EAC, NBS, C4, CWTS, ANA

RMR: 'Wer, wenn ich schriee, hörte mich denn aus der Engel Ordnungen?'

CJ: 'No one!' [Ain't no angels in the coin biz]
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 28,234 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I'd like to know the story on that one. Ouch! >>

without knowing the price tag on all that everything included image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji