Home U.S. Coin Forum

What's the best way to sell silver bullion and coins?

I was thinking of selling off some silver bars and coins (mainly 64 quarters and half dollars). What's the best way to get full value? With ebay you've got both ebay and PayPal fees. I would imagine a coin or jewelry store is not going to pay you full price since they need a profit margin and to cover overhead. With publicly traded common stock I can sell for the bid at any time. Is there anywhere I can sell bullion at the bid?

Comments

• BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,489 ✭✭✭✭✭
    try the BST here and the PM forum here, works quite well
  • MoldnutMoldnut Posts: 3,099 ✭✭✭✭
    Look for a doom and gloom guy at work like I did. I just sold him a bunch of ASE for cash moneyimage
    Derek

EAC 6024
  • SamByrdSamByrd Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭✭
    BST is the best place to sell silver. image
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another vote for the BST right here. Cheers, RickO
  • PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 46,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>try the BST here and the PM forum here, works quite well >>

Agree. There is a monthly BST thread on the Precious Metals Forum here and it's free.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.
    "Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value---zero."----Voltaire
    "Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said."----Voltaire

• djmdjm Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have 500 oz or more The Tulving Co. they pay a fair price and pick up the shipping and insurance. You'll Get a check in a day or two.
  • COALPORTERCOALPORTER Posts: 2,900 ✭✭
    Some coin stores give good prices if they are connected or act as a market maker.
    Coin shows THE BEST -cash and carry and NO paper work. I think leget stores are supposed to report all sales of bullion and fingerprint ect. Shows are exempt .(correct me if wrong)image

• << <i>I was thinking of selling off some silver bars and coins (mainly 64 quarters and half dollars). What's the best way to get full value? With ebay you've got both ebay and PayPal fees. I would imagine a coin or jewelry store is not going to pay you full price since they need a profit margin and to cover overhead. With publicly traded common stock I can sell for the bid at any time. Is there anywhere I can sell bullion at the bid? >>

If the coins are worth only melt, take them to any dealer or business that buys and sells gold and silver. Most places are offering 22x's face value on them.

In so far as your bars go, try your local craigslist.com and save the fees from eBay.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file