Home Precious Metals
Options

Tulving and their minimum buy order limits.

About 2 years ago, with the price of silver around $10/oz, it took $5,000 to meet the Tulving min order of 500oz. Today its over $15,000.

When gold was $850, it took $8,500 to satisfy the 10oz min requirement where today it takes $14,000.

Since most people's pay has not doubled over the past 2 years, do you think it would be beneficial for Tulving to reduce their min buy orders to 200oz Ag and 5oz Au respectively? Or is Tulving's mission to completely eliminate all the small fish who wish to order bullion from them? Im not so sure that this strategy is best as a business model. They may be losing multi thousand dollar sales because of their very steep min orders.

Would you consider ordering bullion from Tulving if their min order was say....$5,000? I sure know that I would!

Comments

• Options
    AhrensdadAhrensdad Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭
    Another interesting thing to consider is their margin. They are selling ASE's for ~$2.25 over spot, which is pretty similar to last year when I bought. Last year to buy a monster box it cost me about $7500, this year it was more than double. They basically made the same regardless of spot. If they start selling smaller units they have increased handling costs. My guess is they are not having any trouble selling at their minimums. Until that happens, I would say they have little incentive to change their business model. JMHO.

Successful BST Transactions with: WTCG, Ikenefic, Twincam, InternetJunky, bestday, 1twobits, Geoman x4, Blackhawk, Robb, nederveit, mesquite, sinin1, CommemDude, Gerard, sebrown, Guitarwes, Commoncents05, tychojoe, adriana, SeaEagleCoins, ndgoflo, stone, vikingdude, golfer72, kameo, Scotty1418, Tdec1000, Sportsmoderator1 and many others.

Please visit my website Millcitynumismatics.com
  • Options

<< <i>Another interesting thing to consider is their margin. They are selling ASE's for ~$2.25 over spot, which is pretty similar to last year when I bought. Last year to buy a monster box it cost me about $7500, this year it was more than double. They basically made the same regardless of spot. If they start selling smaller units they have increased handling costs. My guess is they are not having any trouble selling at their minimums. Until that happens, I would say they have little incentive to change their business model. JMHO. >>

If they maintain the current low mark-ups, I completely understand your point. Perhaps im just frustrated that I have been priced out of ordering from Tulving. 2 years ago, I could afford a $5k - $8k outlay all at once. Today I cannot afford a $15,000 outlay all at once.
  • Options
    piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    If they maintain the current low mark-ups, I completely understand your point. Perhaps im just frustrated that I have been priced out of ordering from Tulving. 2 years ago, I could afford a $5k - $8k outlay all at once. Today I cannot afford a $15,000 outlay all at once

Yes, but what you do have is now worth double, if not more, right? It's the direct result of the Dollar becoming worth less, or worthless, however you want to say it. The Dollar just doesn't go as far. Can't have it both ways. I've talked about this for sometime. If people really want $2000 Au & $100 Ag, are they ready to pay $8 for a gallon of milk and at least that much for gasoline. We gotta be careful what we wish for.
    But I do understand what you're saying. They'd defintely open up some doors for themselves if they lowered minimum buys.
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tulving changes their minimums from time to time when they are having some difficulty moving product. It's been at least 2 years since that situation has dictated a change in their minimums, which I take to mean that the physical market for pms is not slacking off.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    PreTurbPreTurb Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭
    Best in the business.
  • Options
    Gecko,
    You may want to try The Goldcenter in Ill. You can order less than a box from them. Of course, you pay more.

Andrew
    Successful BST Transactions with: WTCG, Ikenefic, Twincam, InternetJunky, bestday, 1twobits, Geoman x4, Blackhawk, Robb, nederveit, mesquite, sinin1, CommemDude, Gerard, sebrown, Guitarwes, Commoncents05, tychojoe, adriana, SeaEagleCoins, ndgoflo, stone, vikingdude, golfer72, kameo, Scotty1418, Tdec1000, Sportsmoderator1 and many others.

• Options
    botanistbotanist Posts: 524 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Gecko,You may want to try The Goldcenter in Ill. You can order less than a box from them. Of course, you pay more. Andrew >>

Are you kidding? Please NOT The Gold Center in Springfield IL which evidently cheated so flagrantly in violating the US mint's guidelines for sale of the 5 oz silver ATB coins. In that regard, please see the numerous comments about that in the US coin forum on this website. There are hundreds of other better places to go.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Gecko,You may want to try The Goldcenter in Ill. You can order less than a box from them. Of course, you pay more. Andrew >>

Are you kidding? Please NOT The Gold Center in Springfield IL which evidently cheated so flagrantly in violating the US mint's guidelines for sale of the 5 oz silver ATB coins. In that regard, please see the numerous comments about that in the US coin forum on this website. There are hundreds of other better places to go. >>

I don't know anything about that. I do know the last time I needed to buy a eagles, they had the best price. As for the pucks, there is a thread on the USCF with over 9k posts. Aren't we over them yet? I am.