Comments

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Silver $36.17
    Gold..$1478
    Oil.....$85.00
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    Well thought out. Will be interesting to bump in December.
    In some ways I hope you're correct, but in most, fingers crossed, you are not.
  • Options
    chumleychumley Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭✭
    anacondas prediction brightens my future........OPAS prediction brightens the rest of the world .....I prob drive about 10 miles a month
  • Options

<< <i>anacondas prediction brightens my future........OPAS prediction brightens the rest of the world >>

My guess...You're driving an electric car, or peddling your ars to work. You best hope that Anacondas predictions are just predictions.
  • Options

<< <i>This year,

silver will go to at least $50 an ounce

gold to at least $1750

and

oil will go to at least $160.

Just my opinions. >>

You are known as a man of means, are you doing anything about your opinions in terms of backing them up with serious money? No need to provide exact details, but hearing what people are doing in terms of moving real money is far more useful information than yet another prediction.
  • Options
    BBNBBN Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>anacondas prediction brightens my future........OPAS prediction brightens the rest of the world >>

My guess...You're driving an electric car, or peddling your ars to work. You best hope that Anacondas predictions are just predictions. >>

Agreed. The cost of gasoline will more than drain any profits from metals.

Positive BST Transactions (buyers and sellers): wondercoin, blu62vette, BAJJERFAN, privatecoin, blu62vette, AlanLastufka, privatecoin

#1 1951 Bowman Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #2 1980 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #8 (and climbing) 1972 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed. The cost of gasoline will more than drain any profits from metals.

That might be true if one has less than about $15-20K total in metals put away....and you or your family drives 1-2 cars a total of 40,000 miles annually.

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm tempted, if I can get the damn thing running, to sell the jeep and throw it at silver and see what kind of sell/buyback I could get.
  • Options
    meluaufeetmeluaufeet Posts: 751 ✭✭✭
    Lindsey Williams is on AJ right now... should be up for download this afternoon.

150 - 200 oil this year... dollar plunge in 2012...

• Options
    57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Well thought out. Will be interesting to bump in December.
    In some ways I hope you're correct, but in most, fingers crossed, you are not. >>

okay you are appointed the thread bumper
  • Options
    Looks like one PM bubble is showing signs of correcting...Palladium down 6%
  • Options

<< <i>Agreed. The cost of gasoline will more than drain any profits from metals.

That might be true if one has less than about $15-20K total in metals put away....and you or your family drives 1-2 cars a total of 40,000 miles annually.

roadrunner >>

I suppose petroleum based products will not increase?

The uses of petroleum
  • Options
    Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭

<< <i>This year,

gold to at least $1750

and

Just my opinions. >>

Only if the silver is in the form of 5 ounce pucks, only if the gold is PCGS PR70, and only if your talking about olive oil.

Edited to correct puck size.
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,415 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>This year,

gold to at least $1750

and

Just my opinions. >>

Only if the silver is in the form of 3 ounce pucks, only if the gold is PCGS PR70, and only if your talking about olive oil. >>

I thought the pucks were 5 ozs.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,333 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I avoid predictions but what the hell these are your's.

I doubt you're going to be too far wrong on any of them.
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    Bayard1908Bayard1908 Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭✭
    Sprott has been saying for weeks that silver will hit $50 by this spring.
  • Options
    ksammutksammut Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭

<< <i>This year,

gold to at least $1750

and

Just my opinions. >>

Anaconda,

I think your predictions are right on. A positive benefit to what is going on with the budget battles in WI, OH, and IN (other states too) is that all the news coverage is helping educate Joe six-pack that we have a huge mess on our hands when it comes to deficits on the state and federal levels.

It is one thing for the everyday person to hear that this year's Federal budget will add another $1.3 trillion to the $14 trillion deficit we already have and that many States are bankrupt (they become desensitized and do not understand big numbers, interest costs, compounding, etc) but when they actually see their nightly news coverage showing how it affects them (whether you are a Federal Union member or one paying the taxes for their benefits) light bulbs will be going on and a percentage of people will become more defensive in how they invest.

Between being too busy with every day matters and being uneducated when it comes to financial matters, Americans, tend to go with the flow and invest without taking the time to learn what they are investing in. While there is a small percentage of Americans (including those of us on this board), who understand the short and long term ramifications of what increasing debt and quantitative easing will cause, investors outside of the Unites States probably understand it better.

It is no coincidence that every day people in China, India, and the Middle East are purchasing gold and silver at a much higher rate than they have in the past. Same thing for their governments. While the rest of the world runs to PMs, the average American and most of our political leaders do not have a clue. I think that will be changing soon.

The amount of TV, radio, internet, and word of mouth financial coverage will continue to grow. This time, I believe, more people will take time to listen and act. It will only take a small percentage of Americans to look to PMs for insurance along with continued foreign purchases to move gold and silver to your predicted levels. On the Federal level, we are already beginning to see that the new Congress will not be willing to make the hard decisions to reduce the deficit. Everyone wants cuts but not cuts that will affect them. When that happens, politicians normally do nothing. We as a country cannot afford to do nothing. That will start to sink into a growing number of every day people's understanding when they take some time to see what is really going on. Maybe we will get lucky and some of the so called experts who think that if stocks are going up, all is well with the world. Maybe they will get a clue and begin to be less self-serving and really take a look at what is happening to our country.

One indicator of the little guy starting to get a clue is to watch how many ounces of silver the US and foreign Mints are producing and selling in a year. Between all the Mints (in 2011), we are on pace to have 75 to 100 million ounces of silver go towards the minting of coins and that is in just one year! That is about 15% of the world's production for a one year period and that is just one form of silver investing. The purchasing and storing of silver as an investment is eating up more and more of the silver produced forcing the industrial buyers and investors to pay more.

Hopefully people will begin to wake up and protect themselves and use PMs as part of their total investment strategy. If they do, your predictions may be too low.
    American Numismatic Association Governor 2023 to 2025 - My posts reflect my own thoughts and are not those of the ANA.

My Numismatics with Kenny eBay Store Over 6000 listings and growing with more than 39,000 items sold

My Numismatics with Kenny Twitter Page

Instagram - numismatistkenny

My Numismatics with Kenny Blog Page Best viewed on a laptop or monitor.

ANA Life Member & Volunteer District Representative

2019 ANA Young Numismatist of the Year

Doing my best to introduce Young Numismatists and Young Adults into the hobby.

• Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

Very good post. I agree completely.
  • Options
    dragondragon Posts: 4,548 ✭✭
    $160.00 crude would be a disaster for the airlines and for the entire US economy in general. Some are now saying if the situation in Libya continues to escalate or spreads throughout the mideast that $200.00 - $220.00 crude is not out of the question.
  • Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,333 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>This year,

I think your predictions are right on. A positive benefit to what is going on with the budget battles in WI, OH, and IN (other states too) is that all the news coverage is helping educate Joe six-pack that we have a huge mess on our hands when it comes to deficits on the state and federal levels.
    >>

There are a lot of good things going on in Indiana right now. We don't have much
    of a deficit problem and are taking steps to assure this doesn't change. The state
    is serious about fixing the education problem and we're even calling for a Constitu-
    tional Convention for the entire country.

We'd probably be in the black right now if some of the neighboring states [cough]
    Illinois[/cough] weren't exporting their problems and our politicians weren't over
    there supporting their... ...well... ...we aren't sure exactly what of the older profes-
    sions they are supporting but whatever it is the state will get a cut. Maybe the pols
    are getting advice on how to spend lots of money they don't have or how to keep
    the "electorate" happy.

They'll be back though. IN won't send them their checks and they have to come
    pick them up in person. image
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    PM's and oil might be the least of our problems the way things are going.
  • Options
    PM's and grocery coupons may yet be the best hedge against inflation. Of the necessities, food and gas will be hardest hit.
  • Options
    The place where the nitric acid of truth will hit the mystery metal of this rally comes at gold's last high. SILVER has made new highs in this move, but gold has not. If it falters at $1,422 then this party is over and the cops have just pulled up outside. If gold sails through $1,422 then gold will run wilder than ever, with silver alongside. If gold clears $1,422 (needs to get to $1,451 to exceed old high by a safe 2%), the targets that move implies are so huge that I don't even want to mention them to y'all cause you'll think I'm crazy.
    Many successful BST transactions ajia
    (x2,Meltdown),cajun,Swampboy,SeaEagleCoins,InYHWHWeTrust, bstat1020,Spooly,timrutnat,oilstates200, vpr, guitarwes,
    mariner67, and Mikes coins