Comments

• Options
  • Options
    ProofCollectionProofCollection Posts: 5,397 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Comex hasn't. 33.995 so far.
  • Options
    MesquiteMesquite Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭
    Only the beginning.
    There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.
    –John Adams, 1826
  • Options
    gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Comex hasn't. 33.995 so far. >>

Go to www.kitco.com you'll find it thereimage I don't do Comeximage
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not bad considering it was $32.66 Friday!!!!!
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    WOW! Maybe I will see $50 silver in my lifetime! I wasn't even born yet when it hit $50 back in the early 80s and then plummeted
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>WOW! Maybe I will see $50 silver in my lifetime! I wasn't even born yet when it hit $50 back in the early 80s and then plummeted >>

And ten years ago when silver was around 4-5 bucks, if you said it'll reach $35 on this week you would be considered nuts by the other forum.
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>WOW! Maybe I will see $50 silver in my lifetime! I wasn't even born yet when it hit $50 back in the early 80s and then plummeted >>

And ten years ago when silver was around 4-5 bucks, if you said it'll reach $35 on this week you would be considered nuts by the other forum. >>

Yeah. Just like when it was suggested back in 2004 that silver could get to double digits again (and gold to $500-$600). We were considered the lunatic fringe on the forum.
    $50 silver is the "new" $10 silver. It will fall.

$50 in our lifetime? I think we'll see that either this year or next.

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    sbeverlysbeverly Posts: 962 ✭✭✭
    Yeah. Just like when it was suggested back in 2004 that silver could get to double digits again (and gold to $500-$600). We were considered the lunatic fringe on the forum. $50 silver is the "new" $10 silver. It will fall.

I'm old enough to have participated (in a small Krug way) in the Bull run of the late 70' to 1980.

So when Gold started it's move up in 2000, by 2003 I started buying AU/AG in a meaningful way. I think I had the good fortune
    of understanding the concept of Fiat money and understanding that we were in deep Kimchi, from the 1979-80 experience.

The reaction I would get from friends and family were...

1-The belly laugh-as in you must be a fool
    2- The rolling eyes-as in "Oh boy, another one of those gold bug nuts"
    3-Conversation stopped when I walked into a room-as in "Let's stop talking about the idiot"

It was so much that at times I was second guessing myself. I would go back and study to verify that I indeed was on the right track.
    It is very difficult to keep your own console.

Human nature being what it is...Almost none of these people have a memory of that.
    Some have gotten on the precious metal train, others are still standing at the boarding platform.
    None ridicule me anymore.

It didn't occur to me at the time but, I should have found and gotten on a forum such as this one.
    I wouldn't have felt like I was alone in the woods.
    Positive transactions with Cladiator, Meltdown, ajbauman, LeeG, route66,DennisH,Hmann,FilamCoins,mgoodm3,terburn88,MrOrganic, weg,dcarr,guitarwes,Zubie,Barndog,wondercoin,braddick,etc...
  • Options
    Just reopened strong:

linky
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

And ten years ago when silver was around 4-5 bucks, if you said it'll reach $35 on this week you would be considered nuts by the other forum. >>

Oh don't worry the other forum still think we are all nuts and are in denial about the whole pm ride as it's in a bubble after all.

My two kids which are considerably more well educated then I and are products of the best liberal higher schools of learning ( that Dad had to spend)tell me all the time about the barbaric relic that is gold and how useless it is. They actually call me MJ the Barbarian. I tell them not to worry that I will be buried with my gold and they can call me MJ Tut. They bring up this topic less and less..................MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    TextMy two kids which are considerably more well educated then I and are products of the best liberal higher schools of learning ( that Dad had to spend)tell me all the time about the barbaric relic that is gold and how useless it is. They actually call me MJ the Barbarian. I tell them not to worry that I will be buried with my gold and they can call me MJ Tut. They bring up this topic less and less..................MJ

My guess is you would not rather have it any other way........image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Oh don't worry the other forum still think we are all nuts and are in denial about the whole pm ride as it's in a bubble after all.

My two kids which are considerably more well educated then I and are products of the best liberal higher schools of learning ( that Dad had to spend)tell me all the time about the barbaric relic that is gold and how useless it is. They actually call me MJ the Barbarian. I tell them not to worry that I will be buried with my gold and they can call me MJ Tut. They bring up this topic less and less..................MJ >>

So.....you CAN take it with you??????

Digger O'Dell
  • Options
    66Tbird66Tbird Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭
    I noticed it edging 34 yesterday morning. So I had the great idea to break part my stash cabinet. It's a bar actually that I designed and build early 80's. Within it is a little drop slot tucked away that empties into a 4x4x26 cavity. Built just in case I had to 'hide my stash'. Those days ended shortly after so I just start dropping silver in there. Like remember the days when a 10oz bar was $35? Well I grabbed one a month for kicks and dropped them away. Also junk silver finds or yard sale deals etc. I'd kind of forgotten about it really. I knew it was there but never really added all the drops I'd made in the 80's After studying how I built the thing I concluded a screw driver was needed. After those six screws were out I pondered the next step. On a whim I tapped the side with a hammer. To sum it up, do know how much noise 287oz of silver makes hitting a hardwood floor? It was awesome!! Well worth the wait. Did a bunch at 34.17. Then bought a ring for my sweet gal.
    Need something designed and 3D printed?
  • Options

<< <i>I noticed it edging 34 yesterday morning. So I had the great idea to break part my stash cabinet. It's a bar actually that I designed and build early 80's. Within it is a little drop slot tucked away that empties into a 4x4x26 cavity. Built just in case I had to 'hide my stash'. Those days ended shortly after so I just start dropping silver in there. Like remember the days when a 10oz bar was $35? Well I grabbed one a month for kicks and dropped them away. Also junk silver finds or yard sale deals etc. I'd kind of forgotten about it really. I knew it was there but never really added all the drops I'd made in the 80's After studying how I built the thing I concluded a screw driver was needed. After those six screws were out I pondered the next step. On a whim I tapped the side with a hammer. To sum it up, do know how much noise 287oz of silver makes hitting a hardwood floor? It was awesome!! Well worth the wait. Did a bunch at 34.17. Then bought a ring for my sweet gal. >>

---Great post. Love it!
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • Options
    ZubieZubie Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭✭
    Nice going T-Bird. I too had the feeling that it was about time to lock in my profits and cashed in 700 ozs of Ag and 10 ozs of Pd on Monday. I paid off all my debt except for a student loan and have the rest in cash for a down payment on a house this year. I hope I didn't pull out too soon. I mean, I can't be mad at making 250% on my silver and 300% on my Pd in just 2 short years!
    I still have 500 ozs, but, I'd love to see silver in the teens again so I can reload!
    Positive BST Transactions with:
    Overdate, BestMR, Weather11AM, TDEC1000, Carew4me, BigMarty58, Coinsarefun, Golfer72, UnknownComic, DMarks, JFoot13, ElKevvo, Truthteller, Duxbutt, TwoSides2aCoin, PerryHall, mhammerman, Papabear, Wingsrule, WTCG, MillerJW, Ciccio, zrlevin, dantheman984, tee135, jdimmick, gsa1fan, jmski52, SUMORADA, guitarwes, bstat1020, pitboss, meltdown, Schmitz7, 30AnvZ28, pragmaticgoat, wondercoin & MkMan123
  • Options
    sumrtymsumrtym Posts: 394 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

If on this forum I suggest we'll see $10 again, I think you all will call me nuts though... image