Home Buy, Sell & Trade - World & Ancient Coins
Options

Discounting 20% remaining PCGS colorful gems.

SEE LAST POST FOR UPDATES

[
Russia 1902 5 roubles gold NGC MS67 $355*****SOLD*****

Mexico 1945 2 pesos gold BU $82 *****SOLD*****

And a last one of these 2 pesos available, now for $85.00

imageimage

B]Italy 1903R 1 c PCGS MS65RB, mellow red with purple toning, a beauty PQ $59.00

A virtually flawless trio of Swiss coppers, including a gorgeous specimen ,unlisted in Krause and rare.

Swiss 1913-B 1 rappen PCGS MS65 RD pop 1/0 and surprisingly difficult in full red. $69.00

Switzerland 1932-B 2 rappen PCGS MS66RD old green label $55.00, a true bargain here, and an even better one below.

Switzerland 1937-B 2 rappen specimen PCGS SP64RD $60.00 ,as flashy and red as a 1938 that was recently sold on ebay for $77.

Greece Crete 1900A 2L PCGS MS64RB 90%+ red ,virtually as good as this date comes $245.00

Greece Crete 1901A 2L NGC MS66RD blazing and flawless red gem $370 ,very fresh

Serbia 1915 50 para w/signature ,lovely rim toned PCGS MS63 $39.50

France 1862-K Napoleon III, PCGS MS64RB, a 95%+ red gem, superb $55.00
a grading error for a full red gem. Great type coin.

Switzerland 1936 1/2 franc PCGS SP67 ,pop 1/0, from the Albert Beck collection, sold by UBS two years ago.
Stunning colorful specimen, PQ for its grade, could have easily graded SP68 IMHO,
the best looking and the only colorful Swiss Standing Helvetia specimen that I've ever come across. Throw your catalogues away on this one.

UBS Auction 81, lot number 128, realized CHF 915.00 incl. BP. Will sell for $800.00

I've just got back from PCGS Paris a gorgeous 1926-R gem 5 coin Albanian series that I had purchased in London a month ago, cherrypicked from original rolls,
5 and 10 qindar, 1/4, 1/2 and 1 lek, that I have yet to see and confirm its grades. Overall I think I will be very happy with it.
Edited: Saw it. SOLD in last post.

Please add $3.50 for shipping, or $6.50 if you want registered worldwide shipping. Will combine items at no extra cost.
Paypal preferred, full return privilege, if for any reason unhappy.

Thanks for looking.

Dimitri

Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3

Comments

• Options
    SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭✭
    And the two more remaining from my previous NZ thread .****SOLD****

Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    ZoharZohar Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is one cool piece Dimitri. If I were not in a state of Taler Debt, I would jump on this.

Shouldnt we tap the slab to get the coin to move to the left image
  • Options
    ttt
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    PM sent...
    No,no- the kids and the cat are all right honey.
    It's just that I got my PCGS grades.
  • Options
    PM received. Thank you John.
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    Update regarding the copper coins from Crete. The PCGS MS66RD is no longer available, only the NGC MS66RD is left.

I still own 1 PCGS MS66RD ,this NGC MS66RD and one PCGS MS67RD of these,so you can tell that I realy like them.

The PCGS MS66RD coin, has a pop 14/2 . I own one of the two top pops PCGS MS67RDs, and you might not believe me, but I'll tell you what the crazy local dealer who owns 3 similar 66RDs and the only other PCGS MS67RD asks for: 500 euros cash (~$675) for the PCGS MS66RD and 1000 euros cash (~$1400) for the PCGS MS67RD. image

It would be hilarious, if he hadn't already sold 2 MS66RDs at $675 a piece. image
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    TTT for the last week of February. This is truly a stunning coin.
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    I really like the coin Dimitri, but I'm trying my very best to break out of my "let's see, I'll take this one, that one, two of those over there and...."
    habit that's about to cost me my happy home image

Any new British, New Zealand or South African?

Best regards..
  • Options
    PM sent John.
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>You know, I wish I could tap it. It's so annoying, but it must be PCGS' more boring and yet most dangerous job (for fingerprints etc). >>

I've been able to tap crooked PCGS coins into better alignment. Mostly with the OGH slabs, but I think I've done a blue label or two. Takes some patience, but it can be done. Just use a well-padded-yet-firm surface. I used to use my own trouser-clad knee (maybe with an added towel sometimes, so I didn't tap myself into a small bruise).

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    ttt
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    ttt
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options

Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    I'll be checking your listings Dimitri.

I am really having trouble with George VI mint state coins and wish I'd given you a list for when
    you went to Colin Cooke's. They don't trouble to run any pictures and I've tried a couple that
    weren't even close to gem.

Maybe if, when, you go back ?

Best regards....
  • Options
    John, PM sent.
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    ttt, new coins in the first post
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    HTubbsHTubbs Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭
    Great coins Dimitri! image
  • Options
    Thank you Hayden. image
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    Dimitri this Crete piece is something. I echo CCN's response to the thread. Do you have any other materials outside of what is listed?
    Best,
    Zohar
  • Options

<< <i>image >>

Now there's a real beauty!!image
  • Options
    Zohar PM sent.

Thank you FilthyBroke. image
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    A few pieces from a nice roll of golden toned gem BU Greek 1966 50L added in the first post. The image does not do them justice.

Krause lists them at $25 in BU, but they are consistently reaching $50 and $60 in PCGS holders on ebay.

It's a small taste of the new upcoming thread, that will also contain several Geo V and Geo VI red BU farthings.

Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    FB the above Swiss coin is gone. Again thanks for the compliment.

Few pieces left guys and a couple of gold coins added in the first post. Don't let them get traumatized on ebay. image

Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
  • Options
    Soon Zohar ,soon. image

TTT
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
  • Options
    ttt,

20-25% discounted prices in first post.
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    Congrats to the winners of these coins. Especially if any Darksiders are among them. image

Russia 1902 5 roubles gold NGC MS67 $355 *****SOLD*****

Mexico 1945 2 pesos gold lustrous unc $82 ****SOLD****

One gone and one more and last one to go for $85.00 before they hit $100 at APMEX

imageimage

Greece 1833-A 1 drachma holed VG $45.00

Switzerland 1932 2 rappen PCGS MS66RD old green label $55.00

Switzerland 1937 2 rappen specimen PCGS SP64RD $60.00
    ,as flashy and red as a 1938 that was recently sold on ebay for $77.

Swiss 1913B 1 rappen PCGS MS65 RD pop 1/0 and surprisingly difficult in full red. $69.00

Italy 1903R 1 c PCGS MS65RB, mellow red with purple toning, a beauty PQ $59.00

Greece Crete 1900A 2L PCGS MS64RB 90% red $245.00

Greece Crete 1901A 2L NGC MS66RD blazing and flawless red gem $370 ,very fresh

Not imaged yet, however absolutely gorgeous:

France 1862-K Napoleon III, PCGS MS64RB, 95% blazing red $55.00 . Virtually a gem. Superb type coin.

Serbia 1915 w/signature 50 para nice choice blue rim toned BU, PCGS MS63 $39.50

Albania 1926-R 5 coin set, $650.00 ****SOLD****

1926 5 qindar PCGS MS66RB
    1926 10 qindar PCGS MS64RB blazing red gem, looks 66RD to me
    1927 1/4 leku PCGS MS65
    1926 1/2 leku PCGS MS65
    1926 1 lek PCGS MS65

a set cherrypicked from original rolls at Baldwin's London's basements and graded in PCGS Paris.

*****SOLD*****

Switzerland 1936 1/2 franc PCGS SP67 ,pop 1/0, stunning colorful specimen from the Albert Beck collection, sold by UBS two years ago.

UBS Auction 81, lot number 128, realized CHF 915.00 incl. BP. Will sell for $800.00

Thanks for looking.

Dimitri

Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    Here's a new addition, not yet priced, too recent and too beautiful to let go yet, but open to offers.

Spain 1898 5 pesetas PCGS MS63

Abundant cartwheel luster not seen in the photo.

Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    Looking through Dimitri's coins makes me feel like a kid in a candy shop.
  • Options
    Really nice material Dimitri.

In your searches, I'm looking for any proof coins from British Commonwealth countries with George VI or Elizabeth 11
    on the obverse.

It's a "thing" with me right now-rounding up, or trying to, nice sets with those monarchs on them. That's a very
    wide range of countries, maybe 15-20 of them, so I'm turning over rocks.

Anyway, just so you know if you run into any.

Best regards...
  • Options
    Thanks Zohar.

John, I had you in mind during my last trip to London, I only came back a week ago. But because I've been rather greedy these past three months, and very eclectic, I had to persuade myself to stop adding coins before some of these are gone.

I am however waiting for a lot of 20-25 minors, of which several George VI farthings, but the images aren't yet ready. Regarding Elizabeth, I think the odds of buying them online are good, the coins are recent and chances are that they will be as you want them.

I still have two remaining PCGS Geo VI farthings, a 65RD and a 65RB with crazy colours, but they're not for sale.

Zohar is more difficult. As much as I admire his discerning taste in talers, I can't find some common ground yet. image
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    Still looking in the areas we discussed Dimitri.

Also-if you run into a nice Cyprus proof set-British rule, Elizabeth years, I would be very interested.

I'm trying to put together registry sets for those countries under British rule; mainly Elizabeth
    since they're more affordable.

Best regards....
  • Options
    John,

here's a 1963 Cyprus proof set that I used to own, but passed it long ago to a forum friend. I think you would have liked the toning of these coins, all in an NGC multiholder PR 67/65RB/67/67/67.

The 1955 set is another one to pay attention to the coins. It comes in a green leatherette case, but the 5 coins inside it, the last ones before the 1960 Monetary reform, weren't a tight fit and they should be bought after close inspection. I once had two of these 1955 sets, one of which in a custom made Capital case, in which the coins were perfect. I should have kept them like many others, but they are both still available if you look around. Finally the 1956 100 mils that was issued separately is also a coin that tones nicely.
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    DISCOUNTED 20% or more

The 4 coin gem Swiss set below $200.00 or individually as posted. FREE SHIPPING

Swiss 1913B 1 rappen PCGS MS65 RD pop 1/0 and surprisingly difficult in full red. $60.00

Switzerland 1937B 2 rappen specimen PCGS SP64RD $50.00

Swiss 1964-B 10 rappen $45.00

Swiss 1958-B gorgeous colorful 1/2 franc PCGS MS68 $75.00. As good as they come.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Switzerland 1936 1/2 franc PCGS SP67 ,pop 1/0, stunning colorful specimen from the Albert Beck collection, sold by UBS two years ago.

UBS Auction 81, lot number 128, realized CHF 915.00 incl. BP. Will sell for $750.00

Italy 1903R 1 c PCGS MS65RB, mellow red with purple toning, another top pop and a beauty PQ $50.00

Greece Crete 1901A 2L NGC MS66RD blazing and flawless red gem $330 ,very fresh

Greece Crete 1900A 2L PCGS MS64RB 95% red $190.00

Greece 1833-A 1 drachma holed VG $35.00

Mexico 1945 2 pesos gold lustrous unc $85

Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3