Home Metal Detecting

I'm going detecting tomorrow!

pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭✭
Wish me luck! Will report finds on Sunday evening.

Comments

• i gettin out too. gonna dig a trash pit. tryin to find the cache i know exists in the area...
    what the weather like where you are?
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best of luck to both of you. As I sit here looking out at two feet of frozen snow in the yard, I find that vicarious MD'ing is my only relief. image Cheers, RickO
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,409 ✭✭✭✭✭
    id love to go metal detecting but were still under 3 feet of snow with lowwwwww temps. theres a place up the road where the people are going to put up a shop or something there. they said i could go anytime before they build. this place goes back into the 1600s. i cant wait
  • pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was just down in the basement and saw my detector laying on the floor with the batteries beside it. It just looked kinda sad.image

Good luck toimorrow
  • Found a barber half today. Its been damaged really bad. Will need to undergo several cleaning treatments. Would rather dig a destroyed barber over nothing anytime.
    Weather was great, but rain is coming for all of next week.
    I agree, a damaged Barber is better than nothing. Going to snow here today... so, please understand, I would welcome rain. Two feet of snow in the yard now, do not need anymore. Cheers, RickO
  • pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭✭
    Got a couple ok goodies.

1) 1883 V Nickel (with Cents)
    2) 1863 Fatty IHC with hole
    3) couple of older buttons
    4) neat brass bell
    5) couple of partial british coppers (probably late 1800s/early 1900s)

pics to come soon
    You had a good hunt... we had great weather yesterday, however, with this much snow, it will take a lot more days like that to expose the ground. Cheers, RickO
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,409 ✭✭✭✭✭
    thats a decent hunt. id like to see that brass bell when ya get it here. best wishes
  • not too bad at all!
  • Gday mate....Im goin out tomorrow too , The county is tareing out old sidewalks...can't wait to get in 'em.
    Its a very old town for Oregon (Jacksonville) one of the largest Gold strikes North of Sanfrancisco!!!
    since Im new hear, I'll keep in touch. ..........Its like Christmas eve,, Yahoo$$$$$$
    Tor Mason