I have an AU 55
  • Options
    1943 D i mean in AU55
  • Options
    goldengolden Posts: 9,090 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only need a 58 or 58+.
  • Options
    I am upping the ante to $140 ( that is American money folks ) for one 1943 P,D or S Steel Lincoln Cent in PCGS AU 58 or 58+. At this price it must look like an UNC. and not have any rust. I do not need any other grade or slab. Someone must have one.image
  • Options
    Anyone?
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    emzeeemzee Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭
    Why not take a BU 1943 cent and make it AU58 by rubbing it a bit then submit to PCGS ?
  • Options

<< <i>Why not take a BU 1943 cent and make it AU58 by rubbing it a bit then submit to PCGS ? >>

You might end up with a 55 or a 60 or 61. You could spend a lot of money on fees and postage and still not get a 58.
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    Anyone??????
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    cupronikcupronik Posts: 773 ✭✭✭
    I've never looked at trying to slab AU58 coins in dates that abound in MS-66. Can't one simply go through rolls of circ 43-P steel cents and find such a coin and get it slabbed in the desired grade?

Go to a local shop and ask to go through their circ steel cent rolls. The $140. price does create an opportunity for some enterprising young grader.
  • Options
    I figure that I could spend a bunch on grading fees and still not get a 58.
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    MoldnutMoldnut Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭✭
    Im looking for youimage and when I find one Im going to give it to you for your effort.
    Derek

EAC 6024
  • Options
    Anyone?????
  • Options
  • Options
    Still looking.
  • Options
  • Options
    I am still here.
  • Options
  • Options
    I am still looking for a 58 or 58+.
  • Options
    keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread makes me laugh. There is going to be a big party at your house when you find this coin(holder)...I can see it now. image

We all have quests; I wish you luck in yours. image
    "If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • Options
    I am upping the ante to $150 American! Please hurry before they take me away.image
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    REALGATORREALGATOR Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They're probably: 1. buried/forgotten in dealer inventory
    2. cracked out due to embarrasment and
    3. maybe a few in one of those suitcases that people
    bid on in that lost luggage show.
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    MoldnutMoldnut Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭✭
    Show us the prize!image
    Derek

EAC 6024
  • Options
    morbidstevemorbidsteve Posts: 571 ✭✭✭
    It's unbelievablee that you haven't found one yet!!!
  • Options
    $150 ? Arent you close to the point where it would be worth trying to slab one yourself? If you sent 4 or 5 in that you thought were AU you would probably have adecent shot at getting the label you want for pretty close to $150 total in fees. image
  • Options
    I have NOT found a 1943 Steel Cent in PCGS AU 58. Through a generous gift I have been given a free PCGS submission. Over the next few months ,when I go to shows, I will spend a lot of time going through 1943 cents in dealers inventories to try and find a 58. I will probably buy several 1943's and then use the eyes of the guys back at the local B&M to pick out the best candidate. Maybe between us we can be successful. After over a year of searching I think that it is time to try this. I will let everyone know the results of this attempt. Wish me luck.image
  • Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I have NOT found a 1943 Steel Cent in PCGS AU 58. Through a generous gift I have been given a free PCGS submission. Over the next few months ,when I go to shows, I will spend a lot of time going through 1943 cents in dealers inventories to try and find a 58. I will probably buy several 1943's and then use the eyes of the guys back at the local B&M to pick out the best candidate. Maybe between us we can be successful. After over a year of searching I think that it is time to try this. I will let everyone know the results of this attempt. Wish me luck.image >>

Good for you as I was almost willing to pay a $151 for an example and give it to you just not to see your WTB ad ever again! imageimageimageimage
    To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    SamByrdSamByrd Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭✭
    Please post an image of the 58 when you land it. Many of us have been following your search here on the BST.
  • Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I have NOT found a 1943 Steel Cent in PCGS AU 58. Through a generous gift I have been given a free PCGS submission. Over the next few months ,when I go to shows, I will spend a lot of time going through 1943 cents in dealers inventories to try and find a 58. I will probably buy several 1943's and then use the eyes of the guys back at the local B&M to pick out the best candidate. Maybe between us we can be successful. After over a year of searching I think that it is time to try this. I will let everyone know the results of this attempt. Wish me luck.image >>

I was hoping to see that you finally got one. Good luck and may you get an AU58 PDS set on your attempt.