Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

What's your favorite Coin dealer website and why??

I don't mean for this to be spam btw!! I have found some very good Dealer websites and would appreciate everyone sharing theirs!! We all need a little help with our collections. My current favorite is Northeast Numismatics. I love the pics and I also love the fact that they let you negotiate price on their older inventory. I have not seen this on any other site. They are also very fairly priced unlike many other sites. So I give 2 thumbs up to NEN!! Nice job fellas! What would you like to share with the good people around here????

Comments

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,487 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heritage.

Their archives section is the best on the WEB IMO.
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    bronzematbronzemat Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For u.s. coins, Empirecoins.net & for Ancients, Vcoins & Forvm.

Gotten some good stuff on Ebay too.
  • Options
    mrearlygoldmrearlygold Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Heritage.

Their archives section is the best on the WEB IMO. >>

Agreed, it's an integral part of searching for price comparisons.

I now have more than 1,000 coins thus far in my archive with lots more waiting to be archived and it's quite a task to create.

• Options
    CRO, hands down.
  • Options
    hchcoinhchcoin Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I collect Bust coins and check many websites daily.

I like dealer websites that put pictures of the coin on them versus just listing the year, grade and price. In my opinion, any coin over $25 should have a photo if the dealer really wants to generate sales. I also love when I call a dealer and ask them to email a picture and they say they don't have the technology but they somehow get really impressive ads to coin publications or they have a fancy website. It makes me wonder if they just don't want my business. If I am going to buy a coin over the phone or internet, I don't want to have to send it back through the mail if I don't like it. It is so much easier to examine the coin with a picture. I know a lot of dealers think they are experts at grading and don't need to put pictures out there but in my experience, the grading is all over the board. It also bugs me when I ask them to describe the coin that they won't photograph and they act like I am wasting their time. I would rather them get my phone number and call me back later in the day if they are busy instead of acting like I am bugging them. When this happens, I just politely get off the phone and remember the experience for future reference. I have found a group of around 10 dealers who I am comfortable with and who treat me like I would treat my customers. They are the ones who get my business.

Just my two cents worth. Oh yeah, I like "The Reeded Edge" website and I like how friendly they are when I call. I bought a bust quarter from them this past year and it was accurately graded, fairly priced and they took it off the website the day I bought it.
  • Options
    MidLifeCrisisMidLifeCrisis Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Coin Rarities Online - High quality photos, meaningful descriptions, great coins at all price points, easy to navigate, and Dave and John seem to have a lot of fun and don't take themselves too seriously.
  • Options
    coinnutcoinnut Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like websites that require the least amount of clicking around. The easiest site I have found is Evan Gale and Aspen Park Rare Coins. One click and all the coin pics come right up. Pictures are great too. Another easy site to navigate with great pictures is Coin Rarities On Line.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file