Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

I know what I paid, but what is it worth?

Hi everyone. I usually BST on the U.S. coin Forum, but I picked this up recently and wanted to know if any of you experts with sports memorabilia have an idea of what this helmets retail value is. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I looked all over the internet, on sports memorabilia websites, etc. and couldnt find anything close to this one.
It is from the 2007-08 season, so unfortunately that wasn't a SB yesr. It has 41 signatures on it, 2 of which I cant make out or determine who they are. The COA is from All American but all it certifies is that it is from the 2007-08 season.
Here is a list of 39 signatures that are on it, there are 2 more but I don't know who they are.
Quarterbacks
• 16 Charlie Batch
• 7 Ben Roethlisberger
• 2 Brian St. Pierre
Running Backs
• 44 Najeh Davenport
Wide Receivers
• 15 Willie Reid
• 86 Hines Ward
• 85 Nate Washington
• 80 Cedrick Wilson
Tight Ends
• 83 Heath Miller
Offensive Linemen
• 74 Willie Colón T
• 79 Trai Essex T
• 66 Alan Faneca G
• 61 Sean Mahan C/G
• 73 Kendall Simmons G
Defensive Linemen
• 93 Nick Eason DE
• 98 Casey Hampton NT
• 76 Chris Hoke NT DE
Linebackers
• 51 James Farrior ILB
• 50 Larry Foote ILB
• 54 Andre Frazier OLB
• 53 Clark Haggans OLB
• 92 James Harrison OLB
• 94 Lawrence Timmons ILB
Defensive Backs
• 23 Tyrone Carter S
• 20 Bryant McFadden CB
• 43 Troy Polamalu SS
• 30 Allen Rossum CB/KR/PR
• 24 Ike Taylor CB
• 26 Deshea Townsend CB
Special Teams
• 3 Jeff Reed K
• 9 Daniel Sepulveda P
• 60 Greg Warren LS
Reserve Lists
• 25 Ryan Clark FS (IR)
• 35 Dan Kreider FB (IR)
• 39 Willie Parker RB (IR)
• 78 Max Starks OT (IR)
Practice Squad
• 81 Dallas Baker WR
• 28 Justin Vincent RB

Coach Mike Tomlin

Here are some pics:
To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.

Comments

• Options
    It will be worth significantly less a week from today do to the beat down that the Packers are going to put on the Steelers. The entire Steeler nation will be so humiliated that all Steelers memorabilia will be essentially worthless. I suggest selling it as quickly as possible. Kidding aside, I'm not entirely sure maybe $500-1000?
  • Options
    piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    LOL...I don't know you Jmhockey23, but I can tell you been eatin' too much cheese again image
  • Options
    Depending on the significance and the games it was used in, or who wore it also influence it's value. I'd put it somewhere between 1250-2500 depending on the paperwork and actual "proof"
  • Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Depending on the significance and the games it was used in, or who wore it also influence it's value. I'd put it somewhere between 1250-2500 depending on the paperwork and actual "proof" >>

Seems someone is assuming a "game used" helmet which the OP never suggested or stated. The season reference was with regard to the team signatures.

Maybe you better stick to busting my balls rather than answering things that you fail to comprehend.
  • Options
    Well that's some help...it was not worn in any games. The helmet was purchased and the person I bought it from got all the signatures on it...I don't know where, like at a show or at camp that year. The All American COA has a sticker on it that matches the one on the helmet, but when you do a search on it, all it shows is that it is from the 2007-08 season.
    Would it help if I got it PSA authenticated, and if so, how much does that run? There is a show in March in my general area that i could take it to.
  • Options
    As you may not be aware Scott, I'm human. My interpretation of something is different from yours. When pieces said "From the 07-08 season" I figured that means it was used in the 07-08 season. I interpreted this line "The COA is from All American but all it certifies is that it is from the 2007-08 season." obviously as being used in the season because what is the use of saying "a helmet was made/produced/bought during this season"?

Edited for what pieces said- there is no reason for them to say it is from the 07/08 season unless it was gu, why the hell would I want to know the helmet was bought/made/produced during that season?
  • Options

edited for link

auth fees per player
  • Options
    Getting a PSA cert to go with it will help both with quickness of resale and final price if you ever decide to sell it. However, I've never sent a Helmet out for authentication and I'm sure it would cost almost $100 to do so. Maybe someone else could chime in on that note.

It look like great helmet and I'd say $500-$750 currently. $750-$1000 with a PSA or JSA cert.
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i> When pieces said "From the 07-08 season" I figured that means it was used in the 07-08 season.

Edited for what pieces said- there is no reason for them to say it is from the 07/08 season unless it was gu, why the hell would I want to know the helmet was bought/made/produced during that season? >>

Of course there is a reason. The reason is, that's when the auto's were obtained. If it was a game used helmet, the op would have mentioned it.
  • Options
    Yes it will be much better to get it PSA/DNA authenticated, and it should run $150 total.

If the most expensive single autograph (not the one that's worth the most, but the one that costs the most to authenticate) has an authentication price of $200, it will cost $200 total. If it's $250, it will cost $250 total. But I doubt anyone from that team has an authentication rate that high.

The $150 fee does not include shipping either way, so you'd be much better off taking it to a show where PSA/DNA is accepting submissions for previously signed items.

Submit at a Show

Also, one of the unidentified signatures could be Santonio Holmes.
  • Options
    This is for you scott

"My bad"
  • Options

<< <i>This is for you scott

"My bad" >>

Just pointing out what I've stated all along. Assumptions and misinformation are rampant here. You've busted my chops in a few threads, but if you notice, I ONLY post about things I know and RARELY make assumptions. It goes a LONG way to adding credibility and respect. Something I think I've earned despite your snide comments.
  • Options
    I wouldn't say you having a market cornered is snide.
  • Options
    Thanks for the help so far guys, I appreciate it. I think Big Ben commands $250 alone and he is on it. Anyway, I think i'll make the trip to the upcoming March show for the hell of it and see how much it'll be. Being that this is something i'll most likely keep (unless I get an outrageous offer which I dont see happening being from a non-SB year), it'll be worth it for me I think.
  • Options
    Maybe you two should go back to selling girl scout cookies and leave this discussion to the professionals. imageimage
  • Options

<< <i>Thanks for the help so far guys, I appreciate it. I think Big Ben commands $250 alone and he is on it. Anyway, I think i'll make the trip to the upcoming March show for the hell of it and see how much it'll be. Being that this is something i'll most likely keep (unless I get an outrageous offer which I dont see happening being from a non-SB year), it'll be worth it for me I think. >>

Roethlisberger's authentication fee is $20.

There are no football players with a $200 fee and only three with a $250 fee, so unless Charles Bidwell, Tim Mara, or Hugh Ray signed that helmet, the authentication fee will be $150.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Gawd I love this place.
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>I wouldn't say you having a market cornered is snide. >>

You and I know what your intent was. Sad when you can't even comprehend what YOU wrote...

I'm finished with this, although I've narrowed it down to 2 as far as the ID you had before getting banned. My guess is a Gulf Coast state...
  • Options
    I'm definitely not a banned member. I didn't like the way when I misunderstood a question and you chewed me out (Neither did the 3 people that shot me PM's about it), so you got on my bad side then, I'm sure before the "we do not grade" list you had never seen me say anything? Oh no, that would be ignorant wouldn't it?

Edit*

I have used this name since 98, and on every site I've registered on feel free to look me up, I can give you a picture of my left nut if you need it for identification.
  • Options

<< <i>Gawd I love this place. >>

It can certainly be colorful at times!
  • Options
    MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    Nice helmet, I don't think it matters what you paid for it. Clearly your a Steelers fan, enjoy the helmet!
  • Options
    Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,725 ✭✭✭✭✭
    piecesofme, While Football is not my forte, I just wanted to say how much I like the helmet. Good luck with whatever you decide to do with it. I think it makes a nice addition to a man cave.
  • Options
    MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭
    It is only worth what someone is willing to pay -- start there.
  • Options

<< <i>I'm definitely not a banned member. I didn't like the way when I misunderstood a question and you chewed me out (Neither did the 3 people that shot me PM's about it), so you got on my bad side then, I'm sure before the "we do not grade" list you had never seen me say anything? Oh no, that would be ignorant wouldn't it?

Edit*

I have used this name since 98, and on every site I've registered on feel free to look me up, I can give you a picture of my left nut if you need it for identification. >>

Do you really think I care? Glad you've got some friends watching your back. Luckily, I neither worry about having them or feel the need for them on message boards. If that helps you sleep better, so be it. And if you think that was chewing you out, rest assured, that was mild...

You sure seem to have a lot to say and too much of it has been incorrect. If you can't handle the criticism, maybe you should refrain from talking about things that you don't understand or read and understand the post before you let your fingers go to work. I've managed to do that for years. It isn't too hard.

If you want to draw things out and create a pissing match, be my guest. Bring all your friends, too. I've battled with many here. Most sharper than you.
  • Options
    And out of respect to the OP, I don't want to have his question get lost in the useless diatribe between myself and Sean1125, so here it is again:

<< <i>Hi everyone. I usually BST on the U.S. coin Forum, but I picked this up recently and wanted to know if any of you experts with sports memorabilia have an idea of what this helmets retail value is. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I looked all over the internet, on sports memorabilia websites, etc. and couldnt find anything close to this one.
    It is from the 2007-08 season, so unfortunately that wasn't a SB yesr. It has 41 signatures on it, 2 of which I cant make out or determine who they are. The COA is from All American but all it certifies is that it is from the 2007-08 season.
    Here is a list of 39 signatures that are on it, there are 2 more but I don't know who they are.
    Quarterbacks
    • 16 Charlie Batch
    • 7 Ben Roethlisberger
    • 2 Brian St. Pierre
    Running Backs
    • 44 Najeh Davenport
    Wide Receivers
    • 15 Willie Reid
    • 86 Hines Ward
    • 85 Nate Washington
    • 80 Cedrick Wilson
    Tight Ends
    • 83 Heath Miller
    Offensive Linemen
    • 74 Willie Colón T
    • 79 Trai Essex T
    • 66 Alan Faneca G
    • 61 Sean Mahan C/G
    • 73 Kendall Simmons G
    Defensive Linemen
    • 93 Nick Eason DE
    • 98 Casey Hampton NT
    • 76 Chris Hoke NT DE
    Linebackers
    • 51 James Farrior ILB
    • 50 Larry Foote ILB
    • 54 Andre Frazier OLB
    • 53 Clark Haggans OLB
    • 92 James Harrison OLB
    • 94 Lawrence Timmons ILB
    Defensive Backs
    • 23 Tyrone Carter S
    • 20 Bryant McFadden CB
    • 43 Troy Polamalu SS
    • 30 Allen Rossum CB/KR/PR
    • 24 Ike Taylor CB
    • 26 Deshea Townsend CB
    Special Teams
    • 3 Jeff Reed K
    • 9 Daniel Sepulveda P
    • 60 Greg Warren LS
    Reserve Lists
    • 25 Ryan Clark FS (IR)
    • 35 Dan Kreider FB (IR)
    • 39 Willie Parker RB (IR)
    • 78 Max Starks OT (IR)
    Practice Squad
    • 81 Dallas Baker WR
    • 28 Justin Vincent RB

Coach Mike Tomlin

Here are some pics:
    image >>

• Options
    I just puked.

To the OP I'm sorry.

Good for you.
  • Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    Do a quick ebay search ....

Mike Tomlin auto...

compare it against that helmet ...

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    I've mastered internet arguments, here is what I do

1) NEVER DEFEND YOUR OWN POINTS.
    2) CLAIM YOU WORK IN WHATEVER FIELD YOU'RE ARGUING ABOUT.
    3) IF LOSING AN ARGUMENT, FEIGN FRUSTRATION AND THEN CLAIM YOU'RE BLOCKING THE PERSON.
    4) AT SOME POINT IN TIME, CLAIM THE OTHER PERSON IS A NAZI.

I haven't quite progressed to #3 and 4 yet.
  • Options
  • Options
    eyeboneeyebone Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭
    I like the helmet too. Those autos look great on the yellow.

Eyebone
    "I'm not saying I'm the best manager in the world, but I'm in the top one." Brian Clough
  • Options
    dmurphy3mvpdmurphy3mvp Posts: 264 ✭✭✭
    One that you couldn't identify is Santonio Holmes. It's the sig right above Mike Tomlin. It's supposed to say "Santonio Holmes Jr." When I was with DACW, we had an exclusive deal with Santonio to market and distribute his autograph memorabilia. Cool dude.

Reed Kasaoka
    Buyer, Baseball Card Exchange

cell: (808) 372-1974
    email: ReedBBCE@gmail.com
    eBay stores: bbcexchange, bbcexchange2, bbcexchange3, bbcexchange4

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like it!

Have no idea what it's worth - have ya checked ebay?

I'm sure a 'dated' helmet from a SB year - especially when a team wins - is gonna be worth more dough.

Thanx for sharing.
    Mike
  • Options
    Yes, I have checked all over the Net and not found one close to it (does that make it an original?)

Guys...sincerely, i would greatly appreciate if you kept your own personal wars amongst yourselves and not on my thread when all I am trying to do is find out if someone else has one similar out there and come up with some kind of estimated value.
    Thanks to those who've kept it in line, I sincerely appreciate it. Maybe it is a 1 of a kind and I did good? If not, please keep it to what i've asked...thank you all.
  • Options
    Here are some completed auctions that are similar in that they're team signed helmets. You have to join to see the ending prices. Some are championship teams, while others are not... Just something to reference...

Link
  • Options
    I posted it here on the BST...asking $725 delivered.
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    Is this a game used helmet?
  • Options
    drewsefdrewsef Posts: 1,894 ✭✭
    the other auto you don't have listed is #39 Willie Parker, located just to the right of Hines Ward
  • Options
    gonzergonzer Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>there are 2 more but I don't know who they are. >>

All those sigs look like image
    Whatever happened to legible penmanship?
  • Options

<< <i>Is this a game used helmet? >>

lol

Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Is this a game used helmet? >>

lol >>

I said the same image Obviously some people assume the best for others while some don't... AHEM
  • Options
    Great helmet for a fan of the game let alone a Steelers fan. Good luck with your sale.
    1964 stand ups
    1975 mini's
    1954 Wilson Franks