Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Show me your Toned GSA's Please

2»

Comments

• Options
    blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,902 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Toneddollars:

That's a good decision. I didn't think you were seriously considering cracking open GSAs. High grade GSAs or coins with superior eye appeal can be worth a substantial premium if they are left in their GSA holders. The aura of the original GSA packaging counts for a lot today.

Oroville: what a crazy stash! Lucky you. >>

He would never consider that I just had to give him a hard time.
    http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • Options
    csanotescsanotes Posts: 463 ✭✭✭✭
    Bought raw at a local show, had it graded in holder by NGC (MS 64*) and is the one and only GSA in my collection.

Chance favors the prepared mind.

• Options
    TD - I like all kinds of toning, but your Falmouth 83-CC MS63 and the 81-CC MS66 are particularly attractive to me. I can't believe neither was awarded the star grade.
  • Options
    Collecting eye-appealing Proof and MS Indian Head Cents, 1858 Flying Eagle and IHC patterns and beautiful toned coins.

“It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.” Mark Twain
    Newmismatist
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Connection, nice looking coin. Looks to be a high grade. >>

Still raw, but it would probably get a 65 with NGC.

I would like to see PCGS start grading these, but with a less obtrusive "band" (perhaps keep it on the reverse, or affix it to the lower border.
  • Options
    TONEDDOLLARSTONEDDOLLARS Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭
    GSacollector, it always amazed me that the 81-cc did not get the star. I need to investigate if they(NGC) were awarding stars when they first started grading GSA's. Maybe this coin was in the first group to be graded. To tell you the truth, you and I and I'm sure others, do not need a star on this coin
    to realize what a really neat looking coin it is.
  • Options
    Here is my latest toned GSA:

• Options

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file