If you are losing sleep over owning a 64D carr dollar...I have the answer

ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,681 ✭✭✭✭✭
Send them to me and I will use my set of letter stamps and put

COPY on the back of them....

and then send them back to you

and you can sleep well

knowing that you

have done the right thing

(and rendered your coin a piece of junk)

Comments

• Options
    100? image
  • Options
    thebeavthebeav Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Three coins sent.........
    ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.......................................
  • Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    and you can sleep well

who's not sleeping well??image

i'll tell you what, give me a PM and i'll send detailed instructions on how to unbunch your boxers!!image
  • Options
    llafoellafoe Posts: 7,220 ✭✭

<< <i>and you can sleep well

i'll tell you what, give me a PM and i'll send detailed instructions on how to unbunch your boxers!!image >>

That's the exact reason I wear satin thongs! image
    WANTED: Cincinnati Reds TEAM Cards
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,622 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>and you can sleep well

i'll tell you what, give me a PM and i'll send detailed instructions on how to unbunch your boxers!!image >>

I can give you a few more names of forumites that could use that information.image

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,898 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Send them to me and I will use my set of letter stamps and put

and you can sleep well

knowing that you

(and rendered your coin a piece of junk) >>

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options
    No one is asking you to like the coins. All I am asking is you act like an adult and move on.

Coinsaboutforum.com Join today!
  • Options
    taxmadtaxmad Posts: 964 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>That's the exact reason I wear satin thongs! image >>

Now I won't be able to sleep...
  • Options
    CoinspongeCoinsponge Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Send them to me and I will use my set of letter stamps and put

and you can sleep well

knowing that you

(and rendered your coin a piece of junk) >>

Just photoshop "copy" like the Chinese do. Put the real coins away and just look at the photographs. Sleep well.
    Gold and silver are valuable but wisdom is priceless.
  • Options
    Hobby Protection Act "COPY" stamp dimensional requirements:

(3) An imitation numismatic item of incusable material shall be incused with the word ``COPY'' in sans-serif letters having a vertical dimension of not less than two millimeters (2.0 mm) or not less than one-sixth of the diameter of the reproduction, and a minimum depth of three-tenths of one millimeter (0.3 mm) or to one-half (1/2) the thickness of the reproduction, whichever is the lesser. The minimum total horizontal dimension of the word ``COPY'' shall be six millimeters (6.0 mm) or not less than one-half of the diameter of the reproduction.
  • Options
    PrethenPrethen Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭
    Why would anyone be losing sleep over these?
  • Options
    RMLTM79RMLTM79 Posts: 549 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

Now I won't be able to sleep... >>

• Options
    VetterVetter Posts: 809 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just woke up. Did I miss something?

Would this make everyone happy?
    Members I have done business with:
    Silverman68, jfoot13, GAB, ricman, Smittys, scrapman1077, RyGuy, Connecticoin, Meltdown, VikingDude, Peaceman, Patches and more.
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,712 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cue the dead horse icons............
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    PatchesPatches Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Cue the dead horse icons............ >>

I agree, this topic is hardly worth it's own thread and this opinion has been expressed hundreds of times already.
  • Options
    So, what does everyone think of the 64D Carr "Dollars"?
  • Options
    PawPaulPawPaul Posts: 5,845
    .....TRUCE !

lets all back away from the keyboards .............walk away and don't look back ......... let's put this matter to sleep
  • Options
    CoinspongeCoinsponge Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

Better than Satan's thongs at least.
    imageimage
    Gold and silver are valuable but wisdom is priceless.
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,700 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope you dont lose any sleep by doing that either image
  • Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    thank you edix2001

Hobby Protection Act "COPY" stamp dimensional requirements:

(3) An imitation numismatic item of incusable material shall be incused with the word ``COPY'' in sans-serif letters having a vertical dimension of not less than two millimeters (2.0 mm) or not less than one-sixth of the diameter of the reproduction, and a minimum depth of three-tenths of one millimeter (0.3 mm) or to one-half (1/2) the thickness of the reproduction, whichever is the lesser. The minimum total horizontal dimension of the word ``COPY'' shall be six millimeters (6.0 mm) or not less than one-half of the diameter of the reproduction.

i don't understand what's confusing about this and i sleep like a baby.
  • Options
    Good deals with: goldman86 mkman123 Wingsrule wondercoin segoja Tccuga OKCC LindeDad and others.

my early American coins & currency: -- http://yankeedoodlecoins.com/
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

image >>

Larry kills me! image And Taxmad is a pretty funny guy, too! image
  • Options
    ormandhormandh Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭
    I am still trying to figure out what the problem is, regarding these fantasy pieces, in relation to collecting US tokens and/or fantasy pieces? -Dan
  • Options
    ormandhormandh Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭
    Are we idiots? Or is it the case that you want the future generation of supposed idiots to not have to go through the process?!!!! If someone buys this piece, unknowingly, then why would they?!! What does this argument matter? I think that it does not, personally. -Dan
  • Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    image I never sleep very well, so I'm keeping mine. image
    "My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,516 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really like the Satin Uncs best!! Don't you? I really, really do! Which one do you like best? Can you post a picture of it? That would be really coooooool!image
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    shhhhhhhhhhhh ..........

were trying to go sleepy now .........
  • Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Are we idiots? Or is it the case that you want the future generation of supposed idiots to not have to go through the process?!!!! If someone buys this piece, unknowingly, then why would they?!! What does this argument matter? I think that it does not, personally. -Dan >>

"Are we not men? We are Devo...D E V O."
  • Options
    jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Cue the dead horse icons............ >>

• Options
    RYKRYK Posts: 35,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone losing sleep over owning the 64-D dollar should seek professional help, and not the kind that the PNG offers.
  • Options
    ......please ..............Let it Be
  • Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man, this one's losing momentum - it will NEVER make it to 100. image
    "My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options
    ecichlidecichlid Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭
    ambro51 said:"Not a fan Dan. This is borderline counterfeiting and will bite you in the butt eventually. Stick to your own original designs " Posted here in regards to the announcement of the 64-D.

Less than 24 hours later you announced you ordered one. Link

What made you change your mind? Smelled some profit potential?

Will you be offering Daniel Carr advice in the future? image
    There is no "AT" or "NT". We only have "market acceptable" or "not market acceptable.
  • Options
    please ,....... try to let it be
  • Options
    ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,681 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup. changed my mind on them after the law was outlined and I realized these are in no way counterfeits. Then I like them.

I dont think they are counterfeits, do you? Ive not seen this subject discussed on these boards....

• Options
    OuthaulOuthaul Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to agree with Capt Henway on this one.

• Options
    Four auctions of DC bucks on the 'bay had bids over $200 with 3 days left. I see this morning all auctions have ended with .01 final(?)
  • Options
    ........just let go
  • Options

<< <i>Four auctions of DC bucks on the 'bay had bids over $200 with 3 days left. I see this morning all auctions have ended with .01 final(?) >>

The seller informed me he had an offer for all of them from one buyer that he "could not refuse." I had inquired as a guy from work wanted one.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Four auctions of DC bucks on the 'bay had bids over $200 with 3 days left. I see this morning all auctions have ended with .01 final(?) >>

The seller informed me he had an offer for all of them from one buyer that he "could not refuse." I had inquired as a guy from work wanted one. >>

Thanks. It would be nice know some numbers...just gathering info.
  • Options
    the D.Carr Peace Dollar controversy will seemingly never end ........... lets get them all to the top until everyone has has their fill and are plumb sick of the issue

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file