Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

DWM gradeing service

2»

Comments

• Options

<< <i>Is jmartin of Denver West Mint grading service the same as JP Martin? I doubt it.

J.P.Martin.Senior Numismatist

J.P. started collecting coins when he was eight years old and has been involved
    in the coin industry since the early 1980's, starting as the manager of a coin shop near Chicago.
    A graduate of the University of Illinois, J.P. worked at the American Numismatic Association (ANA) as a grader,
    authenticator and numismatist for nearly 15 years. He was the founder of ANA's Authentication Bureau (ANAAB)
    and is a charter member and mentor for ANA's Numismatic Diploma Program.
    He has written two best-selling correspondence courses for the ANA,
    Grading Mint State U.S. Coins and Detecting Counterfeit
    and Altered Coins. He has written and starred in two popular educational videos for the ANA on the same subjects.
    He teaches counterfeit detection to Secret Service agents. No one has taught more people how to grade and
    authenticate coins than J.P. - no one. J.P's ability to authenticate classic U.S.
    and ancient coins makes him a numismatic anomaly. >>

Why would you doubt it? MorganMan67, who obviously is an experienced collector, likes DWM coins and crosses them to PCGS and NGC.
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    questor54, are you the same person who lurks in the chat are on fleebay?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Is jmartin of Denver West Mint grading service the same as JP Martin? I doubt it.

in the coin industry since the early 1980's, starting as the manager of a coin shop near Chicago.
    A graduate of the University of Illinois, J.P. worked at the American Numismatic Association (ANA) as a grader,
    authenticator and numismatist for nearly 15 years. He was the founder of ANA's Authentication Bureau (ANAAB)
    and Altered Coins. He has written and starred in two popular educational videos for the ANA on the same subjects.
    He teaches counterfeit detection to Secret Service agents. No one has taught more people how to grade and
    authenticate coins than J.P. - no one. J.P's ability to authenticate classic U.S.

Why would you doubt it? MorganMan67, who obviously is an experienced collector, likes DWM coins and crosses them to PCGS and NGC. >>

Just to clarify things yes it is JP Martin the one and the same person,he is a good friend of mine and we have worked together at times for agencies that i can not metion here,he is an honest man and he is a smart and wealthy buisness man (just like me),i started this thread for one reason and that was to get as many responses as i could about J.P.'s integrity,which i see by the comments in this thread are mostly undesireable,and the irony is that his coins are not AT'd -but most of you "expert collectors" think they are,maybe some of you should find a differant hobbie ,since it seems that you cannot tell NT from AT,looking at his ebay auctions,hell PCGS and NGC can see that they are NT ,because they will grade everyone sent to them-image
  • Options

<< <i>questor54, are you the same person who lurks in the chat are on fleebay? >>

LOL, i was thinking the same thing image-that is when he is not doing who knows what with his donkey-image
  • Options
    raysrays Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

Why would you doubt it? MorganMan67, who obviously is an experienced collector, likes DWM coins and crosses them to PCGS and NGC. >>

Just to clarify things yes it is JP Martin the one and the same person,he is a good friend of mine and we have worked together at times for agencies that i can not metion here,he is an honest man and he is a smart and wealthy buisness man (just like me),i started this thread for one reason and that was to get as many responses as i could about J.P.'s integrity,which i see by the comments in this thread are mostly undesireable,and the irony is that his coins are not AT'd -but most of you "expert collectors" think they are,maybe some of you should find a differant hobbie ,since it seems that you cannot tell NT from AT,looking at his ebay auctions,hell PCGS and NGC can see that they are NT ,because they will grade everyone sent to them-image >>

I know of JP Martin, he is highly respected for his grading skills.
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>questor54, are you the same person who lurks in the chat are on fleebay? >>

LOL, i was thinking the same thing image-that is when he is not doing who knows what with his donkey-image >>

lmao, ya got that right.
  • Options
    Yes he is , and he is a decent man with great integrity ,unlike a few that i won't mention by name (but you know who you are) on this forum.
  • Options
    Maybe I'm just cynical, but this thread is starting to seem kind of spammy.
  • Options

<< <i>Maybe I'm just cynical, but this thread is starting to seem kind of spammy. >>

Just a bunch of goofs trying to be funny. Time to ignore them and keep the focus on coins.
  • Options
    dlmtortsdlmtorts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭
    It's interesting to me that these apparently self-slabbed coins on ebay appear have the same identification numbers and bar codes on the slabs!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Maybe I'm just cynical, but this thread is starting to seem kind of spammy. >>

Just a bunch of goofs trying to be funny. Time to ignore them and keep the focus on coins. >>

thank god-image
  • Options

<< <i>It's interesting to me that these apparently self-slabbed coins on ebay appear have the same identification numbers and bar codes on the slabs! >>

they all do have the same number and barcode that is because the numbers and bar codes are for the company trademark(thus all the same) ,not for the individual coin ,like the big grader companies have ,DWM is a small company located outside of Denver ,but they have great deals on some beautiful coins,whether raw or graded.
  • Options
    PistareenPistareen Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭
    Folks, this company -- which I've never heard of before this thread -- has nothing to do with J.P. Martin. A little googling reveals that the person behind this company is a guy named Jeff Martin. Different guy.

• Options
    Will DWM be slabbing the pucks?
  • Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bye-bye MorganMan67, that was a short life.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file