Removed - Wrong forum

Removed - wrong forum for the question.

Comments

• llafoellafoe Posts: 7,220 ✭✭
    Hard cover? $300
    Soft cover? $150
    Electronic (PDF)? $50
    WANTED: Cincinnati Reds TEAM Cards
  • I've spent over five figures just trying to write one...
    PM me if you are looking for U.S. auction catalogs
  • CoinlearnerCoinlearner Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭✭
    image...$60-$70...imageimage
  • I would spend 50$ without thought but above $100 it would have to be a special edition (hard) of one I really cared about , Trade/Peace dollars
  • SonorandesertratSonorandesertrat Posts: 5,695 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Hard cover? $300
    Soft cover? $150
    Electronic (PDF)? $50 >>

These figures seem about right for recently published books.
    Member: EAC, NBS, C4, CWTS, ANA

RMR: 'Wer, wenn ich schriee, hörte mich denn aus der Engel Ordnungen?'

CJ: 'No one!' [Ain't no angels in the coin biz]
  • RWBRWB Posts: 8,082
    My question occurs because I'm trying to figure out the best way (ways?) to publish the next book. I want to keep the price within reason and also have enough copies in the hands of collectors that the information gets used.

• RTSRTS Posts: 1,408
    What is the most you would pay for a numismaic[sic] book? $5,000...maybe more.

Edit: but not focused on one series or denomination...then much less.
  • BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,864 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My record is $350.

My copy of Sullivan's 19th Century Political medalets and badges is gradually falling apart, and the subject is one of major parts of my collection. The book is long out of print, and the company that printed it (Quarterman) is long out of business. I paid that for a copy still in the shrink wrap.

Beyond that I paid $200 each of the Noyes plate coin books of the finest known early large cents. It's the next best thing to actually owning the coins. The second book got up to 1797. There has not been another installment because, I believe, the second one did not sell that well.
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Call me old fashioned but I wouldn't pay one red cent for an electronic PDF file book.
    To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Happily the coins and tokens that interest me most all have several different books available as free downloads on Google , even Mr Conders guide to 18th C tokens is free and so much more.
    I have several hundred old books on my hard drive , didn't cost a nickel.

The most i paid was 30 bucks for the merchant tokens of pennsylvania in hardcover : ) I like a bargain and have the patience to wait til the price is right.
  • sinin1sinin1 Posts: 7,500
    I have been browsing for Breens encyclopedia, but can't pull the trigger at $150

so less than that I guess
  • Tdec1000Tdec1000 Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I have been browsing for Breens encyclopedia, but can't pull the trigger at $150

so less than that I guess >>

I paid $160 for mine and it was well worth every penny!
    Awarded the coveted "You Suck" Award on 22 Oct 2010 for finding a 1942/1 D Dime in silver, and on 7 Feb 2011 Cherrypicking a 1914 MPL Cent on Ebay!

Successful BST Transactions!SIconbuster, Meltdown, Mission16, slothman2000, RGjohn, braddick, au58lover, allcoinsrule, commemdude, gerard, lablade, PCcoins, greencopper, kaz, tydye, cucamongacoin, mkman123, SeaEaglecoins, Doh!, AnkurJ, Airplanenut, ArizonaJack, JJM,Tee135,LordMarcovan, Swampboy, piecesofme, Ahrensdad,
  • shorecollshorecoll Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My record is $3500 (that's actually for a set)...single book $1,500. I think my limit is $3,000.

Edit to add: Hardbound and pre-1950...the above are all pre-1900.
    ANA-LM, NBS, EAC
  • LongacreLongacre Posts: 16,717 ✭✭✭

<< <i>My question occurs because I'm trying to figure out the best way (ways?) to publish the next book. I want to keep the price within reason and also have enough copies in the hands of collectors that the information gets used. >>

If this is the question, then I would just mirror what Whitman charges for its books. Of course, you have to factor in economies of scale, as well as the reduced printing costs in Bangalore (offset by the shipping cost from subcontinental India).
    Always took candy from strangers
    Didn't wanna get me no trade
    Never want to be like papa
    Working for the boss every night and day
    --"Happy", by the Rolling Stones (1972)
  • RWBRWB Posts: 8,082
    Good suggestion, but I want it printed in the USA, and I can't print 10,000 or 15,000 copies - the total cost is too great. (That's not a "whine" but simple reality.)

Maybe this is not the appropriate forum for the question.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file