Home U.S. Coin Forum

Any 2011 coins yet?

CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
Anybody seen anything yet? I decided to sacrifice my cardio-vascular system for the cause and go to McDonalds this morning, since they seem to have shiny coins more often than not, but no luck. Just a 2010 cent and dime.
TD
Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.

Comments

• GaCoinGuyGaCoinGuy Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭✭
    None here(NE Georgia) so far. Since we have a fed reserve bank here in the state, I would think we'd see em quick. Saw lots of everything in 2010.
    imageimage

• relicsncoinsrelicsncoins Posts: 7,903 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm 50 miles from the Denver mint, and have not seen any 2011 coins yet. I typically don't see them until mid February anyway.
    Need a Barber Half with ANACS photo certificate. If you have one for sale please PM me. Current Ebay auctions
  • atarianatarian Posts: 3,116
    in the late 90s i used to see new coins as early as end of january but since its been feb march or even april before i see the newly issued coins. the government is really over producing last year's coins as of late
    Founder of the NDCCA. *WAM Count : 025. *NDCCA Database Count : 2,610. *You suck 6/24/10. <3 In memory of Tiggar 5/21/1994 - 5/28/2010 <3
  • kevinstangkevinstang Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭
    I thought I was going to get lucky the other day at the local walmart, I could see 3 shiny new pennies coming into my hand from what looked to be a tray full in the cash register- then I looked- they were the 2009's!!- the presidential ones- just starting to hit the circuit I guess in 2011!
  • None in Philly yet. But I get 2010 Lincoln Cents all the time. Been saving them for fun, and have about three rolls now.
    "I find that a great part of the information I have was acquired by looking up something and finding something else on the way." - Franklin Pierce Adams

Positive BST Transactions: kalshacon

• << <i>None in Philly yet. But I get 2010 Lincoln Cents all the time. Been saving them for fun, and have about three rolls now. >>

Same here just outside Philly , there's been no problem with 2010 coins , it's too early for 2011 going by previous years.
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭✭
    not here. to early yet
  • Raybob15239Raybob15239 Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭
    Nope... and hell, other than a few shield cents and one log cabin, I haven't seen any 2009 or 2010 coins in circulation, either!
    Successful B/S/T transactions: As Seller: PascoWA (June 2008); MsMorrisine (April 2009); ECHOES (July 2009) As Buyer: bfjohnson (July 2008); robkool (Dec 2010); itsnotjustme (Dec 2010) TwoSides2aCoin (Dec 2018) PrivateCoin Jan 2019
  • BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,873 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Proof sets are out. I bought the clad version from my local dealer today.

I must say that the quality of the sets was better than last year. The coins had fewer marks and the presidential dollars were not spotted.

On the negative side, the Washington heads on the quarters are frosted up like crazy, but they don't have much detail. They are almost like silhouettes. I know a lot of collectors did not like the “spaghetti hair” but this is ridiculous.

2011 quarter

2009 DC quarter

Edited to add ...

None of the other coins in the set look this bad. Could it be that the hub, if there is such a thing these days, is worn out and needs to be re-done? I thought the that original hardware was made with computer programs and lazers.

1998-S Proof silver quarter

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • anablepanablep Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can hardly see that 2011 proof quarter through all that static! image
    Always looking for attractive rim toned Morgan and Peace dollars in PCGS or (older) ANA/ANACS holders!

"Bongo hurtles along the rain soaked highway of life on underinflated bald retread tires."

~Wayne
  • CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Mint went back to the 1932 Washington Head artwork for the quarters when the ATB series started in 2010. As you may recall, the 1932's had very weak detail.
    TD
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • NumisOxideNumisOxide Posts: 10,997 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The Mint went back to the 1932 Washington Head artwork for the quarters when the ATB series started in 2010. As you may recall, the 1932's had very weak detail.
    TD >>

Interesting, didn't know that.
    I'll have to take a picture of my 1932 quarter tomorrow. It's weak, but I don't think that it's that weak. Most of the weakness was in the motto.
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,755 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Anybody seen anything yet? I decided to sacrifice my cardio-vascular system for the cause and go to McDonalds this morning, since they seem to have shiny coins more often than not, but no luck. Just a 2010 cent and dime >>

The bank told me they had new cents last week.

I ran to get my kid from school (not to be late) and ran back!

2010!

NoooooOOoooo....

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • tahoe98tahoe98 Posts: 11,388 ✭✭✭

...the captain 'scooped' me. image
    "government is not reason, it is not eloquence-it is a force! like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." George Washington

<< <i>I'll have to take a picture of my 1932 quarter tomorrow. It's weak, but I don't think that it's that weak. Most of the weakness was in the motto. >>

Here is my 1932 Washington quarter. I think it has a bit more detail than the Proof quarter I bought today. It's interesting to know that they went back to the old artwork. The mint has been missing with the Washington quarter for years after Andrew Mellon picked the wrong design. image

imageimage
  • JaLPJaLP Posts: 199 ✭✭✭
    2011 coins? I didn't get my first circulated NP quarter until yesterday.
  • slothman2000slothman2000 Posts: 952 ✭✭✭
    I got my ASE in the mail the other day along with a 2011 Canadian Timber Wolf silver coin...of the two, the wolf coin was more disappointing....a lot of distracting hits and marks...I'm still waiting for the Brittania....
  • I forgot about those , ive had the 2011 Australian Gold lunar for months now.
  • just the proof sets
  • sumnomsumnom Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭
    Nothing yet. Too early.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file