Home Precious Metals
Options

SUPER BOWL WAGER (involving pm's)

Anyone willing to put up a 2010 ASE for the Super Bowl? I'll take the Packers and give the 2.5 points (this has your name written all over it piecesofme)

edited to add : only a valid wager if we speak via pm and confirm,
"If you hit a midget on the head with a stick, he turns into 40 gold coins." - Patty Oswalt

Comments

• Options
    piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    For 1 BU 2010 ASE, I will take 3.5 points and the Steelers. I believe the line is 3 as I type this.
    There it is, that's what I'll do and I'm willing to do that with up to 5 people. Reply to this thread and do not edit your post, no pm's so there wont be any disputes. First 5 takers who say the deal is with me.
    How 'bout it people? Deal?

Just from an experience in big games point of view, you'd have to go with the Steelers, but I can see how someone who eats alot of cheese might think the Packers may have a chance. image
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • Options
    meluaufeetmeluaufeet Posts: 751 ✭✭✭

VegasInsider - Super Bowl line movements

There is still some decent moneyline prices out there if someone (is in Vegas) likes the Packers -- minus 130 is a good price compared to laying 2.5. I doubt the line will close at 3... but its possible.

One can always bet the COIN toss.

Mike "Roxy" Roxborough - A living legend
  • Options
    AgBloxAgBlox Posts: 744 ✭✭
    This shouldn't last long...
  • Options
    gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    Why would you need points if your a real fan?
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • Options

<< <i>Why would you need points if your a real fan? >>

I love it!!!! Go GB!
    Remember that the market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent.

BSTs with: Coll3ctor, gsa1fan, mkman123, ajbauman, tydye, piecesofme, pursuitofliberty

Travelog - 20in20travels.com
  • Options
    bluelobsterbluelobster Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭

<< <i>For 1 BU 2010 ASE, I will take 3.5 points and the Steelers. I believe the line is 3 as I type this.
    There it is, that's what I'll do and I'm willing to do that with up to 5 people. Reply to this thread and do not edit your post, no pm's so there wont be any disputes. First 5 takers who say the deal is with me.
    How 'bout it people? Deal?

Just from an experience in big games point of view, you'd have to go with the Steelers, but I can see how someone who eats alot of cheese might think the Packers may have a chance. image >>

• Options
    the line was 2 1/2 last night, when pom made his wager offer. To want 3 1/2 is clearly not a fair minded wager.

maybe pom is trying to tell us something
  • Options
    I've got one taker so far. Have room for 4 more
    "If you hit a midget on the head with a stick, he turns into 40 gold coins." - Patty Oswalt
  • Options
    I once made a sporting event bet with another forum member for a 1/10th oz gold eagle. The member shipped my winnings immediately! image
  • Options
    chumleychumley Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭✭
    heres your chance to doubleup
  • Options

<< <i>I once made a sporting event bet with another forum member for a 1/10th oz gold eagle. The member shipped my winnings immediately! image >>

image I'm glad it was only a 1/10image
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We talking a naked one from a roll or 1 with the OGP as a single?
  • Options
    Straight bullion from a roll, not a mint packaged one
  • Options
    57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭

<< <i>This shouldn't last long... >>

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭✭✭
    retracted due to no taker
  • Options
    Why would you need points if your a real fan?

I may say some stupid things, but I aint stupid. image 3 1/2 it is for me. Keep in mind, we're 1.5 weeks away from playing too. Alot can happen by then, players can get hurt in practice. GB is more healthy than P-burgh right now too.
    Not making excuses, just being realistic offering to wager 5 ASE's.

The current line is 3, not 2 1/2.
    bodog
  • Options
    It may be a good idea to at least change the thread title on this, if not just request it be deleted. I don't care, but you can't make bets in the open online, and we push the limits in the PM forum as it is.
    imageQuid pro quo. Yes or no?
  • Options

<< <i>It may be a good idea to at least change the thread title on this, if not just request it be deleted. I don't care, but you can't make bets in the open online, and we push the limits in the PM forum as it is. >>

Mayors do it openly in the media, so do presidents. We arent talking $1,000's of dollars here, we are talking about a bet comparable to a cheesecake or a jersey. Lighten up.
  • Options
    I think Pittsburgh has the better team, but they've proven in their last two games that they can't play two good halfs in a game.
    The play one great half, and sleep through the other half. I would go with the Packers and give the points.

Packers 28
    Steelers 24
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>It may be a good idea to at least change the thread title on this, if not just request it be deleted. I don't care, but you can't make bets in the open online, and we push the limits in the PM forum as it is. >>

Mayors do it openly in the media, so do presidents. We arent talking $1,000's of dollars here, we are talking about a bet comparable to a cheesecake or a jersey. Lighten up. >>

Lighten up from you! image As I said, I don't care, it was just a friendly suggestion. I wasn't the first to make the suggestion in this thread, just possibly the least subtle.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Mayors do it openly in the media, so do presidents. We arent talking $1,000's of dollars here, we are talking about a bet comparable to a cheesecake or a jersey. Lighten up. >>

Lighten up from you! image As I said, I don't care, it was just a friendly suggestion. I wasn't the first to make the suggestion in this thread, just possibly the least subtle. >>

THIS: "but you can't make bets in the open online"

Says who? You? Please show me the specific CU rule that states the above. If Don or SM1 say its a no-no, then its a no go. But exactly who in the hell are you to be making up your own set of rules for the forum? Were you the kid who reminded the teacher that she forgot to give a homework assignment?
  • Options
    Geese Louise! PM"s & stocks heck all we do is gamble on a up or down movement every day here!

Life is a party let's rock & rollimage

image 5 o'clock CSTimage
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • Options

<< <i>

Says who? You? Please show me the specific CU rule that states the above. If Don or SM1 say its a no-no, then its a no go. But exactly who in the hell are you to be making up your own set of rules for the forum? Were you the kid who reminded the teacher that she forgot to give a homework assignment? >>

Posting Rules and General Rules of Conduct

You agree that you will not use or allow others to use your membership in these Forums to:

1. Post or transmit any Materials, or links to any Materials, which are knowingly false and/or defamatory, libelous, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented or threatening, which violate the right of privacy or any other right of any person or entity, or which intentionally or unintentionally violate any local, state, federal or international law or regulation.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can interpret that any way you would like, but that is rule number one if you bother to read the Terms of Membership at the bottom of this forum.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Says who? You? Please show me the specific CU rule that states the above. If Don or SM1 say its a no-no, then its a no go. But exactly who in the hell are you to be making up your own set of rules for the forum? Were you the kid who reminded the teacher that she forgot to give a homework assignment? >>

Posting Rules and General Rules of Conduct

You agree that you will not use or allow others to use your membership in these Forums to:

1. Post or transmit any Materials, or links to any Materials, which are knowingly false and/or defamatory, libelous, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented or threatening, which violate the right of privacy or any other right of any person or entity, or which intentionally or unintentionally violate any local, state, federal or international law or regulation.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can interpret that any way you would like, but that is rule number one if you bother to read the Terms of Membership at the bottom of this forum. >>

If my fifth grade son was reading this thread, he would now chime in with "ownage".
  • Options
    Play nice now boys, let's not turn this into a spat so it does get the boot.
    It really is just a friendly wager and it does involve PM's, I dont see what the problem is. But as gecko said, if Don or SM1 does, then we live with it.

Anyway, edmundfitzgerald...do I take that as a wager? Based on your analysis and predicted score and my details of wanting 3.5 & P-burgh, it's looks like it is to me? image
  • Options

<< <i>Anyone willing to put up a 2010 ASE for the Super Bowl? I'll take the Packers and give the 2.5 points (this has your name written all over it piecesofme)
    I will accept this bet with you !!!I take dem Steelers and 2.5 points!Goodluck
    Jamie

edited to add give >>

It's not the amount of money you spend.... It's the enjoyment you get spending it..

Successful BST transactions with -Youngcoin15, Ajbauman, Metalsman, carew4me, SportsModerator1, Ahrensdad, bstat1020, piecesofme , bigmarty58, Smittys, tydye,DRG ,Coll3ctor, Ciccio, cajun, Swampboy,Excalibur,lordmarcovan,themaster,RedHerring, many more!!!
  • Options
    In the end, isn't an ASE only one dollar legal tender?
    Remember that the market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent.

BSTs with: Coll3ctor, gsa1fan, mkman123, ajbauman, tydye, piecesofme, pursuitofliberty

Travelog - 20in20travels.com
  • Options
    botanistbotanist Posts: 524 ✭✭✭
    My two favorite NFL teams are the Packers and Steelers, I root for both, so in this game I'm neutral and unbiased. I doubt the Packers can control the Pittsburgh running game, especially Mendenhall, and I don't think the Pack will be able to run effectively against the Steelers, especially with Polamalu having an additional two weeks of recovery to get back to normal, and he'll be focusing on stopping James Starks. So I don't think Green Bay should be a three point favorite, but the game is an even pick.

Many past Superbowls have been blowouts, but I see this one as very close, going down to the wire, to be decided by an official's iffy call, a dropped or caught pass or interception, the quirky bounce of a free ball, or an unfortunate injury, in other words the outcome is basically unpredictable.

(edited for spelling)
  • Options
    How many takers we have ?
    Jamie
    It's not the amount of money you spend.... It's the enjoyment you get spending it..

Successful BST transactions with -Youngcoin15, Ajbauman, Metalsman, carew4me, SportsModerator1, Ahrensdad, bstat1020, piecesofme , bigmarty58, Smittys, tydye,DRG ,Coll3ctor, Ciccio, cajun, Swampboy,Excalibur,lordmarcovan,themaster,RedHerring, many more!!!
  • Options

<< <i>How many takers we have ?
    Jamie >>

You and I, and Chumley and myself. Apparently piecesofme lacks confidence in his teamimage
  • Options
    LOL...I'm getting +3 all day long around here for cash. One guy even gave me 5.5 for a smaller bet.
    Whenever you're ready to wake up to reality and give what the current line is, i'm still willing to wager 5 ASE's ( to 5 different people). Lacking confidence in my team has nothing to do with it, it's what the line is is what matters when it comes to wagering. I stopped betting with my heart many years ago. image
  • Options

<< <i>LOL...I'm getting +3 all day long around here for cash. One guy even gave me 5.5 for a smaller bet.
    Whenever you're ready to wake up to reality and give what the current line is, i'm still willing to wager 5 ASE's ( to 5 different people). Lacking confidence in my team has nothing to do with it, it's what the line is is what matters when it comes to wagering. I stopped betting with my heart many years ago. image >>

C'mon now... If he was awake with reality he'd give you 2 1/2...which IS and HAS been the consensus line of the books whether it be offshore or in Vegas. But I'm sure you already know that.
  • Options
    Yeah, it's been 2.5 since I originally posted this. Hopefully Big Ben makes a mess out himself again before game time

• Options
    Once and for all, the line is Steelers +3. Click on the link to see what I go off of.

Steelers +3 and has been for about 5 days now

Hopefully Big Ben makes a mess out himself again before game time
    What a terrible thing to say. I never wish any ill will or bad things on anyone even when $ is on the line, let alone it just being a very bad karma thing to do.
  • Options

<< <i>What a terrible thing to say. I never wish any ill will or bad things on anyone even when $ is on the line, let alone it just being a very bad karma thing to do. >>

He's a complete jackazz who deserves to be in jail, so yeah I hope he gets a Joe Theissman type injury! And if "KARMA" actually exists it will happen to himimage
  • Options
    Terry Bradshaw sure don't like him!FWIW
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • Options
    too bad that some of you can't seperate what he does on the field from his personal life.
    I wonder if any of you have excelled in your line of work, but are a-holes on the street? In fact, it has been experience that those who have excelled in their work are a-holes.
    All I'm saying is, yah go ahead and think about him what you want, but I am a fan of the Steelers and he is a 2 time winning SB QB for the Steelers and all I care about is him leading the team to a 3rd in in 6 years. He was not convicted of anything in any court of law. Roger Goodell choose to impose a suspension on him, which was a f-in joke. Look at what some players do ON the field (let alone in their personal lives) trying to end other players carrers...and dont get supsended.

I'm sure most people think of OJ as someone who should be in jail too, but if they have any sense of what he did on the field for the time he played, they respect what he did in his pro football carrer. Careful now, I didnt say I respect him, I said I respect what he did on the field. The same applies to BR.
  • Options
    I respect people for how they truly act in real life not for playing a sport. When I was 6 years old maybe, but as an adult hell no. Also if it was my daughter with whom Ben the azzclown pulled that crap with, rest assured he would not be in any condition to play football. And with that I now up my original statement and hope that he gets a Joe Theissman like injury to both of his knees and a broken rib that also ruptures his spleen. The Rooney's are just as bad for keeping this POS on the team

• Options
    ahhh, so you're problem is with BR, not the Steelers.
    Show me where I said I was a fan of BR...I said I was a fan of the team known as the Steelers. It sounds like you're betting against the Steelers because you don't like BR. Now isn't that a foolish thing to do when $ is involved.

Thanks for showing your true colors...and what kind of person you are too.
    Later, i'm done with this thread.
  • Options
    botanistbotanist Posts: 524 ✭✭✭
    Looking at the most recent injury reports, I now agree the Pack should be favored by at least the quoted three points. Pittsburgh's outstanding center Pouncey has a broken bone in his ankle and is definitely out, and Polamalu has not practiced well due to his nagging earlier injury. Aaron Smith is also confirmed as out. Still, any unexpected little break could decide things either way. As for Big Ben's disgusting behavior off the field, it's a reason to root against him personally, but won't affect the game. As mitigating factors, there are signs he may have genuinely repented, we'll see about that; the Rooneys would never have allowed him to return had he not pledged to change his ways. Also keep in mind that many if not most of the other pro-football players out there are of questionable character, to say the least, and it's not like the game is a contest between good and evil.
  • Options
    the Rooneys would never have allowed him to return had he not pledged to change his ways.

THANK YOU! The Rooney family is about as much of a class act you can find in sports, let alone personally.
  • Options

<< <i>Thanks for showing your true colors...and what kind of person you are too. >>

Yeah my true colors are that I do not care for rapists and I'm proud of it. Also speaking of true colors, I've never hijacked peoples BST threads to give "my" 2 cents, which seems to be a constant problem for you. Ask anyone on the boards if they have a problem with me or "my true colors" and let me know the results.

• Options
    thatnks for letting me know what at least 1 of your ALT's are LMAO!!!!
  • Options

<< <i>Later, i'm done with this thread. >>

Not quite, eh? Why would I need an ALT? Do you know BNB? You sure are easy to get all worked up like him! You also use the phrase "hi folks" in your listings. Anyways how's the acting career taking off?
  • Options
    LMAO!!! +1 You sure do like to make alot of ASSumptions based on personal feelings rather than facts.
  • Options

Still blabbing I see, must of really hit a nerve with you and your MAN-CRUSH on Big Ben.
  • Options
    I really can't understand why you are the one making such a big deal about it like it actually means something to any of us. I never said I was a fan of Ben, (I said I respected what he has done on the field, there's a difference whether you can recognize it or not) yet you keep posting things that shouldn't be posted here on this Forum about him (posters with profanity) and regarding that thread about the ATB pucks, I AGREED with you before you said anything about it here...check the time posted.
    Anyway, I know what your motive is in trying to provoke me, but I'm confident in saying that it isn't gonna work bud. If anything, you should be the one to get banned with starting this thread and all the profanity laced comments and posters you're posting.
    You have a real nice day being miserable...at who or about what, I dont know. Guess it had to be me to take out all your sexual frustrations on this time LMAO!
  • Options

<< <i>

>>

Well that makes 4 posts since you made this statement!
  • Options
    and yet you still care...
  • Options

make that 5 now