Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Long Beach Expo and Cell Phone Reception

Do any of you LB attendees have problems with your cell reception in the show hall? I have tmobile and I might as well turn it off when I enter the show. If you get good reception there could you tell me who your provider is? Thanks for the help!

Comments

• Options
    MoldnutMoldnut Posts: 3,090 ✭✭✭✭
    I was OK last time. Verizon
    Derek

EAC 6024
  • Options
    FredWeinbergFredWeinberg Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Iphone w/ AT&T works fine inside the
    LB Convention Cent.

I wish it worked up in the hills here in the
    Valley where I live ! No reception/bars most
    of the time -
    Retired Collector & Dealer in Major Mint Error Coins & Currency since the 1960's.Co-Author of Whitman's "100 Greatest U.S. Mint Error Coins", and the Error Coin Encyclopedia, Vols., III & IV. Retired Authenticator for Major Mint Errors
    for PCGS. A 49+-Year PNG Member...A full numismatist since 1972, retired in 2022
  • Options
    ThePennyLadyThePennyLady Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>My Iphone w/ AT&T works fine inside the
    LB Convention Cent.
    >>

I also have AT&T and have no reception problems at this show.
    Charmy HarkerThe Penny Lady®
  • Options
    ElcontadorElcontador Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ditto re A & T.
    "Vou invadir o Nordeste,
    "Seu cabra da peste,
    "Sou Mangueira......."
  • Options
    WTCGWTCG Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭
    AT&T works perfectly.

I know the people using Sprint have always reported problems.
    Follow me on Twitter @wtcgroup
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    T-Mobile is no picnic at LB. I normally have to shimmy up the flagpole to get reception. MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    ianrussellianrussell Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>T-Mobile is no picnic at LB. I normally have to shimmy up the flagpole to get reception. MJ >>

Verizon works at Long Beach. (Note: I've never had any issues with Verizon at any coin show in the U.S.; overseas, well, that's a different story and AT&T wins that battle).

- Ian
    Ian Russell
    Owner/Founder GreatCollections
    GreatCollections Coin Auctions - Certified Coin Auctions Every Week - Rare Coins & Coin Values
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>T-Mobile is no picnic at LB. I normally have to shimmy up the flagpole to get reception. MJ >>

Verizon works at Long Beach. (Note: I've never had any issues with Verizon at any coin show in the U.S.; overseas, well, that's a different story and AT&T wins that battle).

- Ian >>

I travel overseas 200 days a year and that's why I have T-Mobile. Overseas, T-Mobile rocks. 10 out of 10. Domestically T-Mobile not so much................MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    WTCGWTCG Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

- Ian >>

Internationally some AT&T phones like the iPhone allow you to choose which carrier network you want to use and some are better than others. From personal experience in Europe I've learned this lesson...Vodafone sucks.
    Follow me on Twitter @wtcgroup
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • Options
    blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,902 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have hope (though little) that Sprint has 4g down there now.
    http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • Options
    ArizonaJackArizonaJack Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭
    T-Mobile does not work for me at the LB show at all.....have to leave the building to get a signal
    " YOU SUCK " Awarded 5/18/08
  • Options
    HalfsenseHalfsense Posts: 600 ✭✭✭
    A few years ago Sprint improved its reception in that part of Long Beach and since then I've had no problem in receiving or making calls in most every area of the big Long Beach Expo bourse floor. (The only problem I have is that sometimes I don't hear the phone ringing -- or feel it vibrating -- when it's noisey on the convention floor. )

-donn-
    "If it happens in numismatics, it's news to me....
  • Options
    Thanks all - since it's time to renew my contract I guess I'll just change carriers too.
  • Options
    dbcoindbcoin Posts: 2,200 ✭✭

<< <i>T-Mobile does not work for me at the LB show at all.....have to leave the building to get a signal >>

As the organizer of the Expo, why doesn't CU outfit the building with Cell Phone repeaters? They are about $100 and can be bought at Radio Shack, Staples, etc. They boost the signal for various frequency ranges and make your cell phone work great.
  • Options
    savoyspecialsavoyspecial Posts: 7,272 ✭✭✭✭
    With so much drama in the L.B.C....

It's kinda hard using S-P-R-I-N-T....

www.brunkauctions.com

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file