Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

2011 United States Army Commemorative Coin Program

edgaredgar Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭
Dated for 31 Jan. Anyone know of pricing yet, "single coins" offered or "sold in sets" only?
Expected household limits? I believe these are limited mintages (across all platforms).
Nothing yet on the "coming soon" page coming soon

Any interest??

(l8-)>>

Comments

• Options
    CoinHuskerCoinHusker Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭
    ARM1 Proof $5 Gold Intro. $449.94 Regular $454.95
    ARM2 Unc. $5 Gold Intro. $439.95 Regular $444.95
    ARM3 Proof Silver Dollar Intro. $54.95 Regular $59.95
    ARM4 Unc. Silver Dollar Intro. $49.95 Regular $54.95
    ARM5 Proof Clad half Intro. $17.95 Regular $21.95
    ARM6 Unc. Clad half Intro. $15.95 Regular $19.95

Sales begin at noon eastern time January 31, 2011. Introductory pricing ends March 2, 2011, at 5pm eastern time.
    Collecting coins, medals and currency featuring "The Sower"
  • Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got the brochure today........

• Options
    edgaredgar Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭
    thanks just got it

(l8-)>>

• Options
    are these eligible for First Strike designation?
  • Options
    I was in the Navy. Pass.
    Coin Photos

Never view my other linked pages. They aren't coin related.
  • Options
    Classof67Classof67 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭

<< <i>are these eligible for First Strike designation? >>

No.
    GREAT BST transactions with Wondercoin, segoja, moderncoinmart, notwilight, wingsrule, 123cents, fivecents, hunted, alohagary, ibzman350, WTCG, sonofagunk, amigo, coincoins, dcgolfer, chumley, nycounsel, tootawl, guitarwes, kimber45ACP, Zubie, Egger, RYK, 1tommy, EagleEye, NEFPROLLC, jmdm1194, Coinfolio
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,755 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting assortment of mint marks.
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭
    Personally I think the designs could have been better.
    All coins kept in bank vaults.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
    SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!
  • Options
    Dang $55 bucks for a 1oz proof coin.
  • Options
    NamesJayNamesJay Posts: 327 ✭✭
    Is the only difference between 'proof' and 'uncirculated' the mint?
  • Options

<< <i>Is the only difference between 'proof' and 'uncirculated' the mint? >>

Yup....oh...and one IS a proof and the other isn't
  • Options
    ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,720 ✭✭✭✭✭
    got my brocure yesterday and filed it away in the square plastic container with the flip up lid I keep in the corner of my Kitchen.

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll buy the three coins in Proof. I's sorry they are not issuing any three piece sets. image

Of course they last time they offered the three piece set, they played games and only issued a fixed number, which is quite unfair to those who work for a living and can't order during the day of issue.

Next month there will be another $5 gold and silver dollar to buy for the Medal of Honor.
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    GATGAT Posts: 3,146
    Seems the Mint forgot that until 1947 the Air Force was the Army Air Corps.
    USAF vet 1951-59
  • Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,649 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>You might as well hit up a strip club, you'll be doing the economy better and at least have memories of throwing your money away. >>

You are probably correct in your accessment of the value of these coins in the short to medium run. By in large the modern commemoratives have been a poor investments.

But, increases in the price of bullion has made my collection of modern commemorative gold coins winners.
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    I will stick to silver eagles, thank you.
  • Options
    The last modern Commem I bought was the Statue Of Lib dollar in 86. Nothing i have seen over the ensuing years has tempted me to change that.
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still can't get over the missle on the peace coin
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file