Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Magazines.com : OFFICIAL RED BOOK: GUIDE BOOK OF US Coins 2011 Spiral Bound $11.21 Shipped

^^^^^

Links of this nature will result in banning.
Always looking for US 22666622, 34444443 and 18111181 Radars & Perfect Flipper Serials consisting of 6, 8, 9, 0

http://www.wizard1.ca

MAKE DONALD DRUMPF AGAIN! http://tinyurl.com/z5uju34 STOP THE DEVOLUTION OF AMERICA

Comments

• Options
    ObiwancanoliObiwancanoli Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭
    A new version of the Red Book comes out every Spring, typically around April... New, and delivered, you can usually find it for about $15. Last year, I opted for the hard cover, but the spiral bound is nice, too... more convenient if you want it to lay flat without having to hold it open. There's also a large-print version, which is more the size of a typical magazine, but any one will get you the information you need.
    UBERCOINER

A Truth That's Told With Bad Intent
    Beats All The Lies You Can Invent
  • Options
    How much do US Coin values fluctuate year to year on avg?
    Always looking for US 22666622, 34444443 and 18111181 Radars & Perfect Flipper Serials consisting of 6, 8, 9, 0

http://www.wizard1.ca

MAKE DONALD DRUMPF AGAIN! http://tinyurl.com/z5uju34 STOP THE DEVOLUTION OF AMERICA

• Options

<< <i>How much do US Coin values fluctuate year to year on avg? >>

Not enough to justify a new red book every year , i'm still using the 2009 and might change next year if silver maintains enough to make changes.
  • Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 20,949 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Folks do realize that this is just an affiliated link spam post by this user. By clicking the link you have a cookie placed onto your computer that categorizes you as the "progeny", for lack of a better term, by this user and this user makes money off of certain actions you perform. Therefore, it could be thought that this user only posts to get money from other folks clicking on the link.
    Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,507 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Folks do realize that this is just an affiliated link spam post by this user. By clicking the link you have a cookie placed onto your computer that categorizes you as the "progeny", for lack of a better term, by this user and this user makes money off of certain actions you perform. Therefore, it could be thought that this user only posts to get money from other folks clicking on the link. >>

I investigated this...

going to tinyurl.com
    entering: http://www.mrrebates.com/
    yields this: http://tinyurl.com/mxjvpq

but the provided URL in the OP is:
    http://tinyurl.com/2uqjt4m

So, I think you're right.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 20,949 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This board member has done this repeatedly in other threads, too. There are many boards that immediately ban members for these actions because they serve to spam the boards without discussion.
    Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prices change slowly with time but it's nice to be up to date. I get a new spiral bound
    each year and then give my old one away to a kid.

Bob
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i get a new one every 4 years or so.
  • Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a complete set of Red Books so I buy an old fashioned hard bound one every year. The Red Book has improved considerably in recent years. Time was the pictures were tied and even the relative prices were less than worthless.

Now Whitman has upgraded it so if you have not bought one in the last 5 years you really should consider it. But I’d wait until the 2012 comes out since it will be in a couple months.
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    itsnotjustmeitsnotjustme Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭
    Nice to see a moderator has editted the thread!
    Give Blood (Red Bags) & Platelets (Yellow Bags)!
  • Options
    tahoe98tahoe98 Posts: 11,388 ✭✭✭

...i would imagine the OP received a PM too, from our host. image
    "government is not reason, it is not eloquence-it is a force! like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." George Washington
  • Options
    Interesting, just because I didn't realize magazines.com carries coin books (or any books for that matter).
    They are a very high percentage payback on all the major rebate/affiliate sites.
  • Options
    smokincoinsmokincoin Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Now Whitman has upgraded it so if you have not bought one in the last 5 years you really should consider it. But I’d wait until the 2012 comes out since it will be in a couple months. >>

My latest one is the 2008 and I'm going to get the 2012. Just curious... why are these 1 year early? I mean, the one due in a couple of months ought to be the 2011. No?
    oh, and...image ParkieCollector image
  • Options
    besides the approximate april release , the 2012 red book will also have
    a 'hidden' spiral version. similar to the ANA grading guide with the binding
    protecting the spiral . additional charge of course .
    Home of quality widgets
  • Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Now Whitman has upgraded it so if you have not bought one in the last 5 years you really should consider it. But I’d wait until the 2012 comes out since it will be in a couple months. >>

My latest one is the 2008 and I'm going to get the 2012. Just curious... why are these 1 year early? I mean, the one due in a couple of months ought to be the 2011. No?
    oh, and...image ParkieCollector image >>

Red Books have been dated for the next year for as long as I've been a collector, which is over 50 years. It probably has something to do with marketing. If book carries next year's date, the prices in it must be up to date, right? imageimage Many years ago the Red Book was THE PRICING BOOK and many people, including dealers, used it as THE cornershone for pricing. Each new addition was eagerly awaited. With advent of constantly updated bids for coins, that is no longer the case.
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    smokincoinsmokincoin Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭
    Thanks Mr. Jones! image
  • Options
    DentuckDentuck Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭

<< <i>
    My latest one is the 2008 and I'm going to get the 2012. Just curious... why are these 1 year early? >>

The first edition of the Red Book was printed in November 1946. Because it was so late in the year, Whitman Publishing decided to give the book a cover date of 1947. That tradition has been followed ever since, so, for example, when the 63rd edition debuted in 2009, its cover date was 2010.

=====

For answers to these Red Book questions and more,
    visit the March 2010 issue of "The Whitman Review" ---->

“How many Red Books are sold every year?”

“Where do the coin prices come from?”

“What’s the difference between the Red Book and the Blue Book?”

“What’s the difference between the regular-edition Red Book and the Professional Edition?”

“Do people really collect Red Books?”

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file