Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Are any of these worth anything?

Hello I found a jewelry box with 15 coins in it. I've looked around online to try to find the value of them, but it jumps around too much so maybe one of you can help me. Most of it has foreign language so I can't read it/type it (Japanese characters).

What I can read

British Virgin Islands $20 1985
1929-S Buffalo Nickel
1975 Canadian Penny

Foreign

1 Piso "Jose Rizal - Republika NG Pillipinas 1972"
5 Pfennig "Bundesrepublik Deutschland 1988
Repvbblica Italiana 100 1979

Comments

• Options
    The BVI coin is likely silver and perhaps minted by the Franklin Mint in the USA.
  • Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spend that foreign (except the BVI coin).

The 29s nickel would need to see a pic to determine any value.
    can you provide pics of front and back?

bob
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    I took some pictures. It's hard to see because it's from a cell phone. The flash from my camera makes it impossible to see and it's too dark when the flash is off. I don't know how to get a proper photo. Any tips would help.
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,109 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I took some pictures. It's hard to see because it's from a cell phone. The flash from my camera makes it impossible to see and it's too dark when the flash is off. I don't know how to get a proper photo. Any tips would help. >>

All but the VI coins are of little or no value.

I suspect the BVI coin is this one: Minted by The Franklin Mint, .925 Silver, .5677 oz.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I took some pictures. It's hard to see because it's from a cell phone. The flash from my camera makes it impossible to see and it's too dark when the flash is off. I don't know how to get a proper photo. Any tips would help. >>

All but the VI coins are of little or no value.

I suspect the BVI coin is this one: Minted by The Franklin Mint, .925 Silver, .5677 oz. >>

Ah bad news. And yes it looks like that.

Ebay
  • Options
    Wizard1Wizard1 Posts: 74 ✭✭
    The Canadian 1975 is not a key date. If it still has original Red'ness and is in very good condition itd be worth max 30 in MS67 , in MS63 its worth $5

Composition : 0.98 Copper, 0.005 Tin, 0.015 Zinc
    Always looking for US 22666622, 34444443 and 18111181 Radars & Perfect Flipper Serials consisting of 6, 8, 9, 0

http://www.wizard1.ca

MAKE DONALD DRUMPF AGAIN! http://tinyurl.com/z5uju34 STOP THE DEVOLUTION OF AMERICA

• Options
    lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,891 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am sorry, DAnderson, to tell you that there are no precious jewels there. The 1929-S Buffalo nickel may be worth $5. The BVI, perhaps $8 or $9 based on its silver content, a little more if it's in wonderful condition. Those are the best of the lot.
    Lance.
  • Options
    Odd assortment of finds. Just because they don't have much value doesn't mean they can't be interesting!
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • Options
    No it's obviously been circulated and used. It's scratched up and not in very good condition. The buffalo nickel has a faded date. I thought it said 1926-S until further inspection I noticed it was a 9. The other coins are Yen which are useless from what I've found on Google so far. :/ Here is a full-sized picture of everything I found.

PICTURE
  • Options
    What a let down. I guess I'll just throw these away. Waste of space and not worth selling. Thanks anyways guys.
  • Options
    LoveMyLibertyLoveMyLiberty Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭

DAnderson76 welcome to this Forum and I hope you participate often. Please don't take offense,
    but you gave me a good chuckle after viewing your pictures. They probably just took over first
    place in the "Out of focus & small catagory" image This is not a disparagment of you. Many come here
    and post similar images and ask for opinions & information based on near impossible pics.

Again, it is always nice to see newcomers with questions seeking knowledge and you are always
    most welcome here. Please come again.

My Type Set

R.I.P. Bear image
  • Options

<< <i>

DAnderson76 welcome to this Forum and I hope you participate often. Please don't take offense,
    but you gave me a good chuckle after viewing your pictures. They probably just took over first
    place in the "Out of focus & small catagory" image This is not a disparagment of you. Many come here
    and post similar images and ask for opinions & information based on near impossible pics.

Again, it is always nice to see newcomers with questions seeking knowledge and you are always
    most welcome here. Please come again.

image >>

I had to make them small because the image size limit was 50kb. I didn't think to link to an image host until now. I still can't do anything about the blur though.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file