Home Metal Detecting
Options

Robins

As I was shoveling out a 2 ft snow drift in the driveway a flock of about 30+ Robins flew over. I guess that spring is just around the corner. Now if I could just find the grass to detect in.imageimage

Comments

• Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,544 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>As I was shoveling out a 2 ft snow drift in the driveway a flock of about 30+ Robins flew over. I guess that spring is just around the corner. Now if I could just find the grass to detect in.imageimage >>

I think they were looking for grass to detect in too!

Bet they are hungry in some parts of the country today.

bobimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One frosty morning I saw a flock of cardinals in the backyard. At least eight red males hopping around, with their browner females nearby. They're a common sight, of course, but that's the first time I've seen 'em flock like that.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭✭
    Tell them to fly east. New England is going to be buried for months.
  • Options
    You probally have Holly Trees nearby..

Robins are rather voracious when it comes to eating the red berries once ripe..

Here in the south it's common to see up to 100 Robins "attack" a Holly tree & completly clean it off in a matter of hours... Then they stagger around pooping everywhere..

Same phenomenon takes place when Mocking Birds "attack" Dogwood trees for their berries in late Fall.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the robins show up here, they will need shovels to get anything.... image Cheers, RickO