Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Is this Anaconda's first coin offering?

JoeLewisJoeLewis Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭✭
Is this Anaconda's first coin offering under his new business name?

eBay Link

Comments

• Options
    The price seems about right.

merse

• Options
    TennesseeDaveTennesseeDave Posts: 4,759 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whoever it is they want a lot of $$$$'s for toned bullion.
    Trade $'s
  • Options
    SoCalBigMarkSoCalBigMark Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shocked at the lack of a thousand word manifesto on the coin.image
  • Options
    The price seems about right.

Got his name written all over it.
  • Options
    notwilightnotwilight Posts: 12,864 ✭✭✭
    Adrian is in CO, this is in CA, about 10 miles from me. If that is you Adrian, moved to CA, then lets do lunch. --Jerry

PS Have your girl call my girl.
  • Options
    coinguy1coinguy1 Posts: 13,485

<< <i>The price seems about right.

Got his name written all over it. >>

I disagree, based on the item location, as well as the lack of (and I don't mean this in a negative way) a lengthier and more flamboyant description.
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    The location would indicate that it's another forum member. Plus, I'm pretty sure I know who owns that coin. Auction looks like an intro to get the word out about an upcoming web site.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    EdscoinEdscoin Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭
    That's a lot of money for an Ugly Coin!
    ED
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    PS: and Anaconda's incrediblecoins is a .com, the one on the Me page for this listing is a .org.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    commoncents05commoncents05 Posts: 10,082 ✭✭✭
    Looks like a braddick photo, and if I'm not mistaken, he in in CA.

-Paul
    Many Quality coins for sale at http://www.CommonCentsRareCoins.com
  • Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 20,949 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It looks like one of Pat Braddick's (braddick) auctions.
    Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed, and it looks like he's squatting on the ebay, social media, and email accounts with the name.

Let's make a deal!image

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,017 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Whoever it is they want a lot of $$$$'s for toned bullion. >>

So do smoe of the toned Morgan sellers.image
    theknowitalltroll;
  • Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>It looks like one of Pat Braddick's (braddick) auctions. >>

To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    I don't think its him, his listings have a different photo style (usually the coin is shown head-on and cropped out), and they also have some HTML and graphic elements.
  • Options
    dsessomdsessom Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The price seems about right. >>

I can see paying a premium for really PQ coins, but 12X price guide? image
  • Options
    droopyddroopyd Posts: 5,381 ✭✭✭
    I'll stick to the examples available at spot-plus.
    Me at the Springfield coin show:
    60 years into this hobby and I'm still working on my Lincoln set!
  • Options
    ..........I would bet money that it is the forum member a couple of you eluded to ........., not Anaconda .

I think it's a stunner
  • Options
    coindeucecoindeuce Posts: 13,473 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My perception is that the listing is intended as a draw/redirect to the new website, rather than a legitimate eBay offer to sell the particular coin. Given the perception that the listing member expects absurd premiums for toned coins, I won't bother visiting the website now or ever. Not very savvy marketing.

"Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon
    http://www.americanlegacycoins.com

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No way is this an Anaconda listing. As others mentioned this looks like it could be Pat. I'm guessing smoebody wanted to "register" that name in a listing. MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    http://www.whois.sc/ incrediblecoins.org patrick braddick
    http://www.whois.sc/ incrediblecoins.com Adrian Crane
  • Options
    notwilightnotwilight Posts: 12,864 ✭✭✭

<< <i>My perception is that the listing is intended as a draw/redirect to the new website, rather than a legitimate eBay offer to sell the particular coin. Given the perception that the listing member expects absurd premiums for toned coins, I won't bother visiting the website now or ever. Not very savvy marketing. >>

We are always skeptical here and trying to show how smart we are not to fall for imagined trickery. I know for a fact that you are incorrect in your assumption of what the auction is trying to accomplish. --Jerry
  • Options
    ArizonaJackArizonaJack Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭
    ca01000000, I am pretty sure Pat and Adrin would not want their personal info posted on this forum, I would edit my post.
    " YOU SUCK " Awarded 5/18/08
  • Options
    coindeucecoindeuce Posts: 13,473 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>My perception is that the listing is intended as a draw/redirect to the new website, rather than a legitimate eBay offer to sell the particular coin. Given the perception that the listing member expects absurd premiums for toned coins, I won't bother visiting the website now or ever. Not very savvy marketing. >>

We are always skeptical here and trying to show how smart we are not to fall for imagined trickery. I know for a fact that you are incorrect in your assumption of what the auction is trying to accomplish. --Jerry >>

I've done business with Pat before. This strategy seems out of character. Please share with us the " fact" that you are privileged to know which makes my perception become an "incorrect assumption".

"Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon
    http://www.americanlegacycoins.com

• Options
    This is actually quite interesting. What is the motive behind registering the same domain name, minus the .com/.org?
  • Options
    SoCalBigMarkSoCalBigMark Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I predict fireworks...
  • Options
    How is this coin that all the other common date Morgans in MS-63 that bring multiple thousands??
  • Options
    adamlaneusadamlaneus Posts: 6,969 ✭✭✭
    this thread has potential™
  • Options
    TUMUSSTUMUSS Posts: 2,207
  • Options
    Rainbow brite thread fight.................MJ
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ediblecoins.com is available image
    To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    inediblecoins.com?
    I want in on the action.
  • Options
    I just took inediblecoins.org
  • Options
    seanqseanq Posts: 8,596 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>http://www.whois.sc/ incrediblecoins.org patrick braddick
    http://www.whois.sc/ incrediblecoins.com Adrian Crane >>

According to the public WHOIS query, Adrian registered his domain on December 31, 2010. Braddick registered his on January 6, 2011. Neither of them bothered to register the .net, if someone out there wants to make this thread really interesting.

Sean Reynolds
    Incomplete planchets wanted, especially Lincoln Cents & type coins.

"Keep in mind that most of what passes as numismatic information is no more than tested opinion at best, and marketing blather at worst. However, I try to choose my words carefully, since I know that you guys are always watching." - Joe O'Connor
  • Options
    If I were to really get a domain that reflected my collection, it would probably have to be

regrettablecoins.com
  • Options
    Good thing Adrian didn't choose coinlust or coinenvy. Otherwise the parodies would be XXX.
  • Options
    It would be nice if Pat and Adrian could at least join us in this thread. Very disrespectful if you ask me. MJ
  • Options
    seanqseanq Posts: 8,596 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>It would be nice if Pat and Adrian could at least join us in this thread. Very disrespectful if you ask me. MJ >>

Nor very smart. Surprised about the turn of events. >>

Give it time, not everyone is on the computer at 2AM EST (or 11PM PST). I'm sure tomorrow this thread should start to realize its true potential.

Sean Reynolds
    Incomplete planchets wanted, especially Lincoln Cents & type coins.

"Keep in mind that most of what passes as numismatic information is no more than tested opinion at best, and marketing blather at worst. However, I try to choose my words carefully, since I know that you guys are always watching." - Joe O'Connor
  • Options
    Perhaps. That is one plausible explanation.

Here is the other offering: Also BIN for $1,250.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>It would be nice if Pat and Adrian could at least join us in this thread. Very disrespectful if you ask me. MJ >>

Nor very smart. Surprised about the turn of events. >>

Give it time, not everyone is on the computer at 2AM EST (or 11PM PST). I'm sure tomorrow this thread should start to realize its true potential.

Sean Reynolds >>

Yes, but I'm in China and bored at the moment as my work is done. I'm selfish and impatient. I will be on a 13 hour plane ride while this thread perhaps realizes its true potential. It will go viral or be nuked and I'm betting on the latter. Smoeone please take copious notes.

In the meantime if smoeone could pretend to be Pat and smoeone else Adrian in this thread it would be appreciated .But, don't confuse me.
    I have six hours before my plane leaves.

MJ
  • Options
    raycycaraycyca Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭
    POSSIBLY just a "newbie" reaching for the stars. But, I thing a redo of a former character rtying to blow smoke and start "fresh?" Photos have been enhanced, just like some here on the boards. I won't name names yet, but, I'm sure they will be "outed". My advice " AVOID THE NOID!!!!!"
    You only live life once, enjoy it like it's your last day. It just MIGHT be!

• Options
    PawPaulPawPaul Posts: 5,845
    .......there is no doubt in my mind who the seller is ; and no doubt he has the right to enjoy whatever motives he wants and to keep them private as well
  • Options
    200....jus sayin
  • Options
    Seems extreme on price.

Numismedia lists value for MS66 64 Kennedy at $56.25.
  • Options
    garrynotgarrynot Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭

I like the colors but the unfortunate scratches turn me off.
  • Options
    braddick currently has EXACTLY 25,000 posts.

If he were to make another post, even a little one, it would imbalance of the universe and cause either chaos or order to reign.
  • Options
    Even when Anaconda is not actually Anaconda, they guy is a long-thread generating PR machine!
  • Options
    BaronVonBaughBaronVonBaugh Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭✭
    I smell smoke, or maybe that was just chemicals.

I think something is heating up.
  • Options
    WoodenJeffersonWoodenJefferson Posts: 6,491 ✭✭✭✭
    ~fingers pressed into head phones...pointing~

Cue "The Who"

Well who are you?
    Who are you?
    Who who, who who?
    I really wanna know
    Who are you?
    Who who, who who?
    Tell me who are you