gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Well, the Packers are in.

My predictions:

Packers/Jets: Packers +3

Packers/Steelers: Steelers +4 >>

You mean Pack +4, right?
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    I would think Steelers would be favored by 3 over the Pack.
  • Options
    SDavidSDavid Posts: 1,584 ✭✭
    Initial line: Packers +4

Line after Jerry Jones hires two hundred jigglies to "perform" when the Steelers have the ball: Steelers +21 image
  • Options
    From what I saw, the Packers are playing better than the Steelers right now and wouldn't be surprised if they were the favorites. The Steelers O-line was already hurting and if they don't get their starting center back, the Pack should be the favorites.
  • Options
    AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Well, the Packers are in.

My predictions:

Packers/Jets: Packers +3

Packers/Steelers: Steelers +4 >>

You mean Pack +4, right? >>

Nope. He meant Steelers.
    Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options
    GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭
    I would like to see the Pack win, but that Steelers defense is very tough. They have not faced a defense like that in the playoffs.
  • Options

<< <i>From what I saw, the Packers are playing better than the Steelers right now and wouldn't be surprised if they were the favorites. The Steelers O-line was already hurting and if they don't get their starting center back, the Pack should be the favorites. >>

The Packers have had 15 players on the injured reserve list.

Packers are playing great. But the steelers beat better teams in the playoffs in Baltimore and New york.
  • Options
    jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
    At halftime of the Steelers game, I thought the line would open Steelers -3, but by the end of the game I thought maybe Steelers -1 or -1.5. Needless to say I was shocked to see the Packers open between -1.5 and -2.5, depending on what site you use. Even the guy from the Las Vegas Sports Consultants said his Packers -1.5 line "seemed high".
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    Strange. I am not a gambler but I don't see the Packers being favored. That's crazy. I'd take Pittsburgh and whatever points they are giving!
  • Options
    I am a life long Steelers fan. From the two games I watched yesterday, the Steelers didn't 'finish' off the Jets. They let them back in the game. The same can be said for the Packers with the Bears, however, the difference in the strength of the two teams, I'd have to give the edge to the Pack.

If those two teams were on the field against each other yesterday, I think the Packers put a better product and played a better game than the Steelers did. Granted it was against different opponents and I hope I'm wrong, but I think the line is right about where it should be.

Any idea on the over/under? I haven't looked but I'm thinking it starts around 47.
  • Options
    jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
    Pretty close hacker - I've seen both 45.5 and 46....on that turf, I'd take the over.
  • Options
    bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭
    Word has just come in from Dallas that the City Council has banned the wearing of 'DTF' buttons by coeds, so I'm predicting a well-focused Steelers team give the Packers all they can handle before falling 27-24.
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • Options
    You can look at it from any angle you would like. But I love the Steelers as an underdog in this one.

• Options
    HMMM... I must be living on another planet. I absolutely HATE the STEELERS!

That being said. The Packers are not even in the same league as the Steelers.

Steelers 24- 7

• Options

<< <i>HMMM... I must be living on another planet. I absolutely HATE the STEELERS!

That being said. The Packers are not even in the same league as the Steelers.

Steelers 24- 7 >>

A 2 seed vs a 6 seed would think the steelers would be favored. The steelers beat the packers last year, and they didnt even make the playoffs.
  • Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    How quickly we forget...

The Steelers almost lost two weeks ago to the Ravens... (a catch on the side of the helmet was the winning catch?)

The Packers have a balanced offense (now with Starks) and a decent defense...

The Jets - no offense (against the Steelers) and lets rely on our defense (didnt work)

Neutral field - should be a real good game...

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I predict one of the teams will win the game.
  • Options

<< <i>How quickly we forget...

The Steelers almost lost two weeks ago to the Ravens... (a catch on the side of the helmet was the winning catch?)

The Jets - no offense (against the Steelers) and lets rely on our defense (didnt work)

Neutral field - should be a real good game... >>

I think the ravens and the jets are better than any of those 3 teams the Packers beat. The bears? what a joke.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,531 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

I think the ravens and the jets are better than any of those 3 teams the Packers beat. The bears? what a joke. >>

The Patriots beat every team mentioned. Yet you will pound the fact that the Jets are still a much better football team!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

I think the ravens and the jets are better than any of those 3 teams the Packers beat. The bears? what a joke. >>

The Patriots beat every team mentioned. Yet you will pound the fact that the Jets are still a much better football team! >>

so by your analogy, the browns are better than the patriots.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I predict the team that scores the most points will win the game.
  • Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,364 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It kills me to say this, but I'd go 27-24 Steelers.

Dave
    Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.