Home U.S. Coin Forum

Post a Variety that is NOT in the Cherrypickers' Guide

keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
10c 1943-D DDO MS67FB ANACS
"If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:

Comments

• 1954-S 5c DDR-002, 2-R-VIII

I found a couple of these in an obw roll a few weeks after the discovery piece was slabbed by ANACS, attributed by James Wiles

Here

It was also discussed on these boards Here

imageimage

• Too many to list image

How about one that isn't even in CONECA'S files yet.

1973-S Kennedy half dollar:

• Take it that it isn't in a FS holder?
  • keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice start to the thread.

My 43-D DDO MS67FB dime does not seem to be listed by Coneca either but it is attributed by ANACS. I even have TWO OF THEM. The other is probably MS63 FB.

Would there be any benefit to me sending them to CONECA?
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • OnWithTheHuntOnWithTheHunt Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Listed in various reference books for the series as DDO-6, with prominent doubling on the eyelid, brow and longest feather, this one has escaped CPG even though IMHO it is as least as strong as DDO-1, which is listed as FS#5c-017.

Proud recipient of the coveted "You Suck Award" (9/3/10).
  • drwstr123drwstr123 Posts: 7,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1925 DDO (Coppercoins, Wexler) PCGS AU58, double eyelid:
    imageimage
  • howardshowards Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭
    Which one of the bazillion available shield qualifying shield nickel varieties would you like to see? image

<< <i>Which one of the bazillion available shield qualifying shield nickel varieties would you like to see? image >>

All of the coolest ones? image
  • QBertQBert Posts: 311 ✭✭✭
    1951-D RPM-1

• TevaTeva Posts: 830
    I don't think this one is in the guide?

Give the laziest man the toughest job and he will find the easiest way to get it done.
    Very cool Teva!
  • 19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,490 ✭✭✭✭
    There are way more varieties than the CPG can accomodate.

That 73-S Kennedy is just too cool Clough. image
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!

• << <i>There are way more varieties than the CPG can accomodate.

That 73-S Kennedy is just too cool Clough. image >>

It is nice looking. My dad picked it up last week but I have to wait until finial exams are over next week before he will give it to meimage

Sometimes being is school sucks image

<< <i>

<< <i>There are way more varieties than the CPG can accomodate.

That 73-S Kennedy is just too cool Clough. image >>

It is nice looking. My dad picked it up last week but I have to wait until finial exams are over next week before he will give it to meimage

Sometimes being is school sucks image >>

Being in school doesn't suck Caleb since it will provide you with the means to continue your collecting in the future.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • pontiacinfpontiacinf Posts: 8,915 ✭✭

<< <i>I don't think this one is in the guide?

image >>

oh i want that!

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭
    1934-D/D dime.

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

Tony, it's about time you show up in here. image You have more than just that one! image
  • fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭
    Okay, Greg, here is another.

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• FullStepJeffsFullStepJeffs Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭
    All are Jefferson Nickels...

this one... a 1939-D DDO1

or a 1942-P WRPM-14

maybe a 1943D RPM1

or a 1944D RPM4

Steve
    U.S. Air Force Security Forces Retired

In memory of the USAF Security Forces lost: A1C Elizabeth N. Jacobson, 9/28/05; SSgt Brian McElroy, 1/22/06; TSgt Jason Norton, 1/22/06; A1C Lee Chavis, 10/14/06; SSgt John Self, 5/14/07; A1C Jason Nathan, 6/23/07; SSgt Travis Griffin, 4/3/08; 1Lt Joseph Helton, 9/8/09; SrA Nicholas J. Alden, 3/3/2011. God Bless them and all those who have lost loved ones in this war. I will never forget their loss.
    Very nice, Tony & Steve! image
  • Quarters - 1952 proof doubled dies; 1969 D thru 1972 D type B (RDV-007); 1969 D, 1970, 1970 D type M (RDV-008).
    Dollar - 1971 D Fev (RDV-006)
  • Tdec1000Tdec1000 Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭
    1943 S/S PCGS MS67 OGH

Awarded the coveted "You Suck" Award on 22 Oct 2010 for finding a 1942/1 D Dime in silver, and on 7 Feb 2011 Cherrypicking a 1914 MPL Cent on Ebay!

Successful BST Transactions!SIconbuster, Meltdown, Mission16, slothman2000, RGjohn, braddick, au58lover, allcoinsrule, commemdude, gerard, lablade, PCcoins, greencopper, kaz, tydye, cucamongacoin, mkman123, SeaEaglecoins, Doh!, AnkurJ, Airplanenut, ArizonaJack, JJM,Tee135,LordMarcovan, Swampboy, piecesofme, Ahrensdad,

<< <i>Quarters - 1952 proof doubled dies; 1969 D thru 1972 D type B (RDV-007); 1969 D, 1970, 1970 D type M (RDV-008).
    Dollar - 1971 D Fev (RDV-006) >>

Not too mention the Eisenhower 1971-S DDR-005

Or the 1971-D RPM:

The name is LEE!
  • leothelyonleothelyon Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So....what are the steps to have a variety or error verified and possibly recognized by the hobby? I have a interesting variety that I have been working on. But I haven't heard anything from the email I sent to James Wiles of Coneca concerning the Jeff variety 1953-D/inverted D over 2 years ago. Me thinks I need to try again.
    There's another individual, a member of these boards who specializes with the Lincoln series, Chuck ?. Once I figure that out, I may send him my info. But is there an expert out there who is willing to take a look at some of the unlisted varieties posted here? If some of you know how this works, please chime in.

Leo

The more qualities observed in a coin, the more desirable that coin becomes!

My Jefferson Nickel Collection

• RussRuss Posts: 48,514 ✭✭✭

The 1967 SMS Kennedy Birthmark Die.

Russ, NCNE
  • leothelyonleothelyon Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭✭✭

The more qualities observed in a coin, the more desirable that coin becomes!

My Jefferson Nickel Collection

• OnedollarnohollarOnedollarnohollar Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭
    1957- D DDO (profile of Lincoln's face doubled)

Cool TWO-FACE.
  • seateddimeseateddime Posts: 6,169 ✭✭✭
    These is easy

<----------- look here
    I seldom check PM's but do check emails often jason@seated.org

Buying top quality Seated Dimes in Gem BU and Proof.

Buying great coins - monster eye appeal only.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file