Home U.S. Coin Forum

delete

Comments

• BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The picture is too small and taken at an odd to be sure, but my impression is it has been cleaned.
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • 291fifth291fifth Posts: 24,284 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Terrible photo, but probably yes.
    All glory is fleeting.
  • PTVETTERPTVETTER Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    image cleaned
    Pat Vetter,Mercury Dime registry set,1938 Proof set registry,Pat & BJ Coins:724-325-7211

• silverman68silverman68 Posts: 542 ✭✭✭
    Ok, I was thinking it was but not sure. thanks
  • AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,730 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't really tell by the pics provided. Upload your pics to a free photobucket.com account
    and then copy the img code and paste here and we'll be able to see it better.

I'd say it has not been cleaned by those pics.

bob
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • FrankcoinsFrankcoins Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Any thoughts?

thanks >>

Not a good enough picture to tell if it's even real.
    Frank Provasek - PCGS Authorized Dealer, Life Member ANA, Member TNA. www.frankcoins.com
  • It's in a holder....it's real.
  • sinin1sinin1 Posts: 7,500
    I did not see the pic before editing out, but I disagree with the following statement->

It's in a holder....it's real.

the TPGs are losing the war of counterfeit holders, and if the pic is bad, the good deal many times is for the sellerimage
  • Are you serious....counterfeit holders are numerous?
  • coinguy1coinguy1 Posts: 13,484 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Are you serious....counterfeit holders are numerous? >>

Yes, there have been quite a few on EBay, and some have appeared at flea markets amd coin shows, as well. The number is growing, and the counterfeiters of the coins and the holders are getting better.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file