Home U.S. Coin Forum

Who provides the BEST Customer Service

I'm struggling to try to understand why customer service levels are currently in decline. You'd think with the economy, customer service levels would increase - not decrease?

eBay - The average delivery time for items purchased by me (bought) on eBay is 8 days. I think this is excessive, but I still award a 5. The average delivery time for items purchased from me (sold) on eBay is 2.5 days, but I'm still receiving a lot of 4s for shipping time as well as a lot of 4s for shipping costs, even though I send all items free via priority mail. Why?

SPG - I've sent 4 e-mails this past week and have yet to receive a response. Why?

NGC - My name is Larry LaFoe, I'm registered everywhere as Larry LaFoe, my user ID is always llafoe (which is short for Larry LaFoe). I just received an e-mail from NGC, addressed to Larry Lafie. Why?

Have the days of good customer service passed us by?

Who can you count on to always provide you with the BEST customer service... as a Fortune 5 Customer Service Director, I taught my staff to always make the customer feel like they're #1, even if they were surrounded by 20 customers... who makes you feel like you're #1?

WANTED: Cincinnati Reds TEAM Cards

Comments

• tahoe98tahoe98 Posts: 11,388 ✭✭✭

...i could say first hand these guys are tops! image
    "government is not reason, it is not eloquence-it is a force! like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." George Washington
  • 19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,490 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The average delivery time for items purchased from me (sold) on eBay is 2.5 days, but I'm still receiving a lot of 4s for shipping time as well as a lot of 4s for shipping costs, even though I send all items free via priority mail. Why? >>

This does not seem possible since items with "advertised" Free Shipping are all automatic 5's for "How Reasonable were the shipping Charges" and buyers do not even get the opportunity to rate sellers lower.

Edited for clarity

I could assume that since eBay also can track delivery times through the PayPal that it won;t be long before the "shipping time" becoames an automatic 5 stars in the future.
    Until then, folks are at the whims and opinions of buyers.

For me as a buyer, I realize what the 5 stars represents but some buyers may not and are simply hesitant on giving out 5 stars.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,892 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ditto for speedy shipping when done through PayPal in 24 hours. (I didn't double-check this but I believe IRIC.)
    Lance.
  • RussRuss Posts: 48,514 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I could assume that since eBay also can track delivery times through the PayPal that it won;t be long before the "shipping time" becoames an automatic 5 stars in the future. >>

The future is now. eBay implemented this a couple months ago. If a seller specifies a one day handling time, uploads tracking information by the close of the next business day, and the items arrives within four days, 5 stars is automatic for shipping time.

Russ, NCNE
  • 19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,490 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I could assume that since eBay also can track delivery times through the PayPal that it won;t be long before the "shipping time" becoames an automatic 5 stars in the future. >>

The future is now. eBay implemented this a couple months ago. If a seller specifies a one day handling time, uploads tracking information by the close of the next business day, and the items arrives within four days, 5 stars is automatic for shipping time.

Russ, NCNE >>

Thanks Russ. I'll implement this immediately!
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • MidLifeCrisisMidLifeCrisis Posts: 10,540 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Who can you count on to always provide you with the BEST customer service >>

Coin Rarities Online
  • AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,370 ✭✭✭✭
    Heritage & NGC
    All coins kept in bank vaults.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
    SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!
  • rld14rld14 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭
    Seeing as I am ready to kill Lexus USA as well as a swindling dealer service department at the moment nothing would surprise me.

That being said, Heritage and our hosts have bent over backwards for me on several occasions.
    Bear's "Growl of Approval" award 10/09 & 3/10 | "YOU SUCK" - PonyExpress8|"F the doctors!" - homerunhall | I hate my car
  • HRLC & DLRC are two that have gone above and beyond for me. Also Broken CC and Julian are with out fault
  • ram1946ram1946 Posts: 762 ✭✭
    I have to cast my vote for Andy and Alynne at Angel Dee's - customer service as should be with integrity, respect and politeness.
  • Heritage and Legend as my sources, PCGS and some C company image
  • ArizonaJackArizonaJack Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭
    Mark Feld
    " YOU SUCK " Awarded 5/18/08
  • ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    APPLE
  • BGBG Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the most part:

Collectors do. image
  • PrethenPrethen Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Mark Feld >>

I totally agree....hands down the best.
  • fastfreddiefastfreddie Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>HRLC & DLRC are two that have gone above and beyond for me. Also Broken CC and Julian are with out fault >>

I disagree with DLRC for several reasons. HLRC on the other hand is top notch!
    It is not that life is short, but that you are dead for so very long.
  • BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,361 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Who can you count on to always provide you with the BEST customer service >>

Coin Rarities Online >>

Yep...they and that Mark Feld guy are tops! image

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• RWBRWB Posts: 8,082
    Common MBA programs stick “Customer Service” in the expense category. Thus, the present short-term thinking of most business managers is to increase “shareholder value” (read: speculative funds and institutions) which is actually contrary to building real shareholder value. Compare Warren Buffett’s long-term approach to many other “instant gratification” companies and decide which is the soundest method of building a business.

Just a thought...
  • adamlaneusadamlaneus Posts: 6,969 ✭✭✭
    I took the time to resurrect the:

CRO BOX Thread (with new purchase inside)
  • This is a good time to be a buyer, it is easy to thin the weeds. In this modern day emails answered quickly is a great indication of future customer service. I don't go out of my way to ask questions of sellers, however if I have them, I communicate them. Those who reply with genuine interest in me as a customer get my business. I actually enjoyed a recent thread asking why I got blocked for asking for additional pics from an eBay listing. There were quite a number of posts speculating why. As I needled... Pretty soon sellers on this board starting saying I was PITA - that got me to thinking, really? then block me! I think half of the sellers on this board has now blocked me! image

To the original OP - stay true to the course. Do those things like including shipping in your sales, beat the shipping estimation, answer questions quickly, have short accurate descriptions and clear pics and you will stand out from the rest, ignore the rest - they will be gone soon enough.

<< <i>I have to cast my vote for Andy and Alynne at Angel Dee's - customer service as should be with integrity, respect and politeness. >>

I was surprised how quick, professional and many other superlatives on how I was handled with my first crappy little purchase from him - he was at a show none the less. Follow up impeccable, furthermore, he seen my posts on here and subsequently emailed with answers/solutions. I don't know many dealers, Andy is top of my list for sure!.

PS Mark Felds website pls. Tx!
  • RYKRYK Posts: 35,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have had consistently excellent service from my four most-frequented long term dealers, in alphabetical order:

CRO
    Doug Winter
    Legend
    Mark Feld
  • AMRCAMRC Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I have had consistently excellent service from my four most-frequented long term dealers, in alphabetical order:

CRO
    Doug Winter
    Legend
    Mark Feld >>

Legend? I have not been so lucky. The few times I stopped at their table I was hardly given eye contact. Recently I made an offer on a $6,000+ coin on the Website and was very politely told it was on hold. I then had to inquire a week later to find out it was available. I asked if I could see it while I was in FUN and recieved a very short "we'll be there" and then when I did show up, Laura did not even turn around and look at me even though I tried to say hello. I was put off by the whole thing and found the coin for my client at another table for about the same price.
    MLAeBayNumismatics: "The greatest hobby in the world!"

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file