Home U.S. Coin Forum

One of the Most Attractive SLQ's I've Seen

2»

Comments

• I've been looking for a nice one for type, that'll do.image
  • The toning does look suspicious.
    Positive:
    BST Transactions: DonnyJf, MrOrganic, Justanothercoinaddict, Fivecents, Slq, Jdimmick,
    Robb, Tee135, Ibzman350, Mercfan, Outhaul, Erickso1, Cugamongacoins, Indiananationals, Wayne Herndon

Negative BST Transactions:
  • PCcoinsPCcoins Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭
    WOW. I'm going out on a limb and saying that is the best toned SLQ I have ever seen... and definitely NT IMHO. I'm not sure if you'll are looking at the same pictures I am, but I see an extremely rare pristine SLQ. Well the coin isn't that rare but the toning is very rare, as true rainbow SLQs are rarely seen.

Looks like the perfect storm of toning conditions because that 25c piece is fiery and a true beauty. AT never even crossed my mind until I stopped drooling over the images and decided to read a few comments.

I've never seen AT toning with green and red bands that looked so attractive before, but I have seen many album toned washingtons with the same green/red vivid toning...

Man that is one sweet coin, I've been searching for a nice SLQ and know I'll never see another with toning this nice again... congrats on whoever the owner of this coin is. image
    "It is what it is."
  • keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've seen a few coins come out of those old acid laiden press board coin holders where the rims are jet black and a bit porous.

i think on some vibrantly toned coins(especially ringed toners) this is an important thing to consider if you can examine it raw. it applies to many dipped coins, also.
  • Halfhunter06Halfhunter06 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭
    WOW looks very nice
  • Bankerbob56Bankerbob56 Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭

<< <i>It's pretty. First thought when looking at the reverse is that it is AT. Hope not.

bob >>

What we've got here is failure to communicate.....

Successful BST xactions w/PCcoins, Drunner, Manofcoins, Rampage, docg, Poppee, RobKool, and MichealDixon.
  • It's NT. If a doctor was capable to turn out work like that in less than 50 years or so, the TPG's are in deep sh!t.
    Besides, knowing Dragon as I do, he don't mess with anything AT.
    successful BST deals with Meltdown, Broadstruck, lordmarcovan, MisterTicToc, JINX86, BXBOY143, MBCOINS and others
  • coinguy1coinguy1 Posts: 13,484 ✭✭✭

<< <i>It's NT. If a doctor was capable to turn out work like that in less than 50 years or so, the TPG's are in deep sh!t.
    Besides, knowing Dragon as I do, he don't mess with anything AT. >>

But do you know that he actually owns the coin?
  • BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm down to just one toned SLQ these days.

To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>PCGS 66+FH, not mine, just the imager

image >>

Looks Well Done & Charred... Pass the A-1 Sauce! imageimage
    To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!

• << <i>

<< <i>It's NT. If a doctor was capable to turn out work like that in less than 50 years or so, the TPG's are in deep sh!t.
    Besides, knowing Dragon as I do, he don't mess with anything AT. >>

But do you know that he actually owns the coin? >>

To be perfectly honest I do not know if he owns the coin or not.
    If not I'm sure he'll reveal his motive for posting it soon.
    successful BST deals with Meltdown, Broadstruck, lordmarcovan, MisterTicToc, JINX86, BXBOY143, MBCOINS and others

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file