Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

$4 Special Popped. What a Joke!

2»

Comments

• Options
    detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭✭
    <<Tom- the 5 is not from the miscut but from the centering as I understand it. chaz >>

Chaz, again from the PSA web-site:

Excellent (EX 5)
    A grading term. A card that is in excellent condition may have light rounding of the corners, very light creasing, minor wear on the surface, and centering of no worse than 85/15.

I would say that card has centering worse than 85/15, so it can't even be a 5.
  • Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I would say that card has centering worse than 85/15, so it can't even be a 5. >>

The card has a qualifier. The point of a qualifier is that the grade should reflect what the condiiton of the card if that "ailment" were not present. That is the way qualifiers work.
  • Options
    detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I would say that card has centering worse than 85/15, so it can't even be a 5. >>

The card has a qualifier. The point of a qualifier is that the grade should reflect what the condiiton of the card if that "ailment" were not present. That is the way qualifiers work. >>

That is what I have been trying to explain to chaz using PSA definitions.
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just got my cards back. I'll scan and post a few of the worst examples in another thread since this one got hijacked long ago.
  • Options
    hammeredhammered Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭
    FWIW, I just got killed on my last sub as well. And the cert #s also started with 177....
    Several PSA 8/8.5 crackouts all got EOT
    In fact I was going to call PSA and see if they could review it before it left Newport but it was graded then mailed in the space of about 2 hours
  • Options
    fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭
    I sure do not agree with all my subs but it is what it is.
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭

<< <i>thread since this one got hijacked long ago >>

Didn't mean to hijack you my man....I thought this was a thread about grader 177......