Home U.S. Coin Forum

Moon Money for a 1916 SLQ

Link to eBay. 1916 SLQ PCGS PO1 sells for $1632 last night on eBay.

I sold an FR02 a couple months ago for about $1250. I think this one sold for nearly AG03 money.

-Paul
Many Quality coins for sale at http://www.CommonCentsRareCoins.com

Comments

• CoinosaurusCoinosaurus Posts: 9,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The P01 lowball premium.......interesting.......
  • Two bidders that had to have it, happens from time to time on ebay stuff
  • I was watching that one too. I think the coin that sold should have graded at FR02, but that was still very high! I just sold my ANACS FR02 last week for $1280, and am only left with a raw PO-1. I may be sending my last one to PCGS instead now...lol.
    All coins kept in safety deposit box.
  • joebb21joebb21 Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thats Jermery's auction
    may the fonz be with you...always...
  • kevinstangkevinstang Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I was watching that one too. I think the coin that sold should have graded at FR02, but that was still very high! I just sold my ANACS FR02 last week for $1280, and am only left with a raw PO-1. I may be sending my last one to PCGS instead now...lol. >>

Definately looks way better than a PO-1
  • 57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I was watching that one too. I think the coin that sold should have graded at FR02, but that was still very high! I just sold my ANACS FR02 last week for $1280, and am only left with a raw PO-1. I may be sending my last one to PCGS instead now...lol. >>

this is one of my fav stories of 2010, did you search SLQ only bags or were the junk bags mixed?
  • BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty soon you are going to need to be a millionaire to be able to afford a set of the poorest known coins for that registry. image
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 28,022 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Pretty soon you are going to need to be a millionaire to be able to afford a set of the poorest known coins for that registry. image >>

lmao, no kidding

• << <i>this is one of my fav stories of 2010, did you search SLQ only bags or were the junk bags mixed? >>

thank you! actually ebay slq only junk lots.
    All coins kept in safety deposit box.
  • ColonelJessupColonelJessup Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would not expose my buttocks in response unless the price were at least triple what is normally expected.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - Geo. Orwell
  • SonorandesertratSonorandesertrat Posts: 5,695 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Pretty soon you are going to need to be a millionaire to be able to afford a set of the poorest known coins for that registry. image >>

Shrewd marketers can induce coin collectors to do the strangest things.
    Member: EAC, NBS, C4, CWTS, ANA

RMR: 'Wer, wenn ich schriee, hörte mich denn aus der Engel Ordnungen?'

CJ: 'No one!' [Ain't no angels in the coin biz]
  • fcfc Posts: 12,793 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

Definately looks way better than a PO-1 >>

I totally agree with that sentiment. It seems under graded to my eyes. I cannot
    imagine a true low ball collector would be very proud to have that under graded
    coin in their low ball registry set. It would be label collecting to me instead of
    wanting a low grade coin graded P01.

I like to think low ball material, different series though, should look more like this:

imageimage

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file