Home U.S. Coin Forum

What happened to the "Whitman Encyclopedia of Half Cents and Large Cents"?

I was reading the Red Book Professional Edition and it has listed the book, "The Whitman Encyclopedia of Half Cents and Large Cents" by QDB, 2010. I cant find it anywhere.

Comments

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 28,136 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if the Whitman website would have it. just an idea ( hope it works )
  • Halfhunter06Halfhunter06 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭
    I tried and was able to locate the Encyclopedia for Colonial Coins by QDB, but thats it.
  • LongacreLongacre Posts: 16,717 ✭✭✭
    I have been pining away for this book for a LONG time. I am going to India in February, and will stop by the Whitman printing facility in Bangalore and see if I can get a couple of proof copies at the gift shop.
    Always took candy from strangers
    Didn't wanna get me no trade
    Never want to be like papa
    Working for the boss every night and day
    --"Happy", by the Rolling Stones (1972)
  • Halfhunter06Halfhunter06 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭
    Awesome Longacre! Its just a let down to have this book in the reference section of the Professional Edition when its not even in print yet.
  • CoinosaurusCoinosaurus Posts: 9,623 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whenever it comes out, I'll be lined up for a copy.
  • BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,880 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Whenever it comes out, I'll be lined up for a copy. >>

You already have Cohen, Breen and the book on die states, which I've never collected. About all the Whitman book could would be to be in a more easily portable format.
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • savoyspecialsavoyspecial Posts: 7,274 ✭✭✭✭
    shine the Whitman Bat Signal into the night sky --- high enough for Dentuck to see!

www.brunkauctions.com

• Billet7Billet7 Posts: 4,923 ✭✭✭
    Add that to the list of books I don't have but NEED. The book that Len helped write is also on the list.
  • DentuckDentuck Posts: 3,819 ✭✭✭

The Whitman Encyclopedia of Half Cents and Large Cents is in production. We've got some other big projects lined up in front of it and to the sides, so it will be some time before release.

Watch The Whitman Review for updates. . . .

• CoinosaurusCoinosaurus Posts: 9,623 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Whenever it comes out, I'll be lined up for a copy. >>

You already have Cohen, Breen and the book on die states, which I've never collected. About all the Whitman book could would be to be in a more easily portable format. >>

Nah. Q. David will add lots of quirky stories not found in the other books.

For those who can't wait for the Bowers book, I highly recommend the Breen half cent book Bill mentions.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file